• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 3,566 Views, 109 Comments

Equestria Girls 3: The Friendship Games - EmeraldSkies



It's time for the 10th annual Friendship Games, and the Wondercolts are determined to beat Cyrstal Prep and end their losing streak

  • ...
3
 109
 3,566

Chapter 5: Twilight Time

"Yeah, she just went to the washroom." Sugarcoat said, looking weirdly at Sunset Shimmer, who was freaking out quite a bit. "I shouldn't technically care about you since you're on the other team, but are you okay?"

Sunset looked up at all of them, trying to keep a calm exterior. "I'm fine, er, I just have to go. See you all later!" she said, leaving quickly and confusing the rest of the girls.

She started running to wherever the washroom was, accidentally bumping a few people on her way, and getting some dirty looks from the students.

This is not good, not good at all! I need to find her before the rest of the girls do, especially since they thought that Twilight was coming anyway, so they might think she's pony Twilight. But then what do I do? she thought, finally getting to the school and entering the doors quickly.

She was too late though. Right as she entered through the door, she too had bumped right into Twilight, almost knocking her down.

Twilight looked up at her, annoyed. "Who are you people?" She pointed a finger at them, "And why do you keep on bumping into me and asking annoying questions?"

"OhmygoshsorryTwilight," Sunset said, still panicked from all of this happening at the perfect time.

"Wait," Twilight thought for a second, then turned to look at her again. "How do you know my name? I don't think Sunny Flare told me anything about you," she said, trying to recall any memory.

"Um duh!" Pinkie butted in. "You know us, silly billy! I'm Pinkie, this is Applejack, Sunny, Flutters, Dash and Rarity," she pointed at Twilight, "And you're Twilight Sparkle."

"Pinkie, she's not her" Sunset said, trying to signal to the other girls that this was not the Twilight Sparkle that they knew, but none of them seemed to pick it up.

Twilight was beyond confused at this point. How come all of these random girls knew her name? For all she knew, they didn't even go to her school, they went to Canterlot High. Wait a second, Canterlot High. That's why these girls are acting strange, they must know something that I don't. Hmmm.

"I think she's just messing with us," Rainbow Dash said, crossing her arms and giving a light chuckle. "Though I wouldn't think pranking is something Twilight would do, but maybe it's just a pony thing."

Unable to take their ignorance of what was going on, Sunset finally snapped. "Guys! This isn't Twilight!" Everyone gave her confused looks. "I mean the Twilight we know! It's not her!"

Finally figuring out what was going on, the rest of the gang slowly turned to look over at Twilight, who was still perplexed at all of this.

"Uhm, how much did ya hear us say exactly?" Applejack said, stepping back a bit, and helping her get back up.

"Well for some reason, you all seem to know me?" Twilight asked, receiving a nod from all of them. "And that I'm 'not me'. Then there was some thing about a pony?"

Everyone looked at each other, debating if they should tell her the truth or not. She could be trusted, right? After all she was Twilight Sparkle, and her pony counterpart was a Princess of Friendship. There seemed to be a silent debate, the girls signalling who they thought who should tell her.

"Well Twilight dear, you may want to sit down for this one" Rarity guiding her over to a bench in the school hallway. "You see darling, you are a uh, pony. At least in another dimension you are," she said, bracing for whatever was to come once Twilight processed everything.

Twilight looked shocked for a second, until her expression changed and she started laughing. "I have to admit, you got me good there, I almost believed you guys for a second. A pony from another dimension? That's not even possible!" She saw all their faces, not laughing with her. "Come on guys, I got it now! You can start laughing too."

Fluttershy sighed and went to sit down next to Twilight. "I know this is.. um.. hard to believe, but trust us please." she said, putting her hand on Twilight's shoulder.

"So you're telling me that if I ask someone, right now, that they'll say the same thing?"

"Well, yes." They all nodded.

"And if you're going to ask anyone, ask Flash," Sunset said, making Rainbow snicker a bit with her.

Twilight got up from the bench. "Fine! But when they have no idea what I'm talking about, you're going to have to tell me what's really going on."

Rainbow got up with Twilight. "I'll lead you to where Flash is," she said, trying to hold back a laugh, just imagining the wacky scenario that was about to unfold when they met.

The rest of the girl started walking behind them, until Rarity stopped Sunset and pulled her behind. "What was that? Now she's going to find Flash, and chaos is going to happen. Are you crazy?" she said, accidentally shaking Sunset too hard. "Oh, sorry dear."

Sunset brushed her off. "I have to admit, I partially did it because of that," she said laughing a bit. "But trust me, It'll be fine! She's Twilight Sparkle, her counterpart is trustable, so isn't she?" Rarity sighed in agreement. "Besides, when have one of my plans gone haywire?"

"Well, there was that one time when you tried to turn us all into mindless zombies," Rarity said, teasing her about it. "I'm just kidding dear. I'll trust your judgement."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Flash was casually sitting with his friends, chatting, when Twilight approached him. He instantly lightened up when he saw Twilight, and stopped talking so he could pay attention to her. "Hey Twilight, I see you're back just in time?"

Twilight smiled "Yes well, about that, where was I gone exactly?"

Flash laughed, thinking that she was just joking. "Equestria, it's called that right? You're a pony princess there. Wow, it still sounds really weird to say that."

Twilight was pretty scared, and started backing away slowly. "Ha ha, right. Well, see you later then!" she said, running out of there immediately, leaving a confused Flash behind, wondering why she had just ran off that quick.

The group was waiting for her back at their spot, and perked up when they saw Twilight running back. She looked like she was at a war with herself, probably looking insane to anyone who didn't know what was going on.

"So, whaddya think now?" Applejack sat down, ready for Twilight to explode, like she typically did in these situations.

"That's not possible! But it is at the same time!" she said, freaking out a bit. Twilight started pacing back and forth. "Apparently I'm some 'pony princess' from some place called Equestria?"

The girls all nodded at this fact, and Twilight tried to keep rambling on, but Rarity cut her off.

"We can tell you the rest later, if you would like us to," Rarity suggested, just to give Twilight some space to think. "Besides, the opening ceremony is to start anytime now."

Sunset stopped Twilight, ash she looked like she was going to leave. "But, you have to promise to not tell anyone, even your friends."

"Make a Pinkie Promise!" Pinkie Pie said, jumping in-front of Twilight. "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Twilight repeated the action. "Okie dokie, you're good to go!"

A familiar face to Twilight appeared from the crowds. Sunny Flare. "Oh, there you are!" she said, pulling Twilight away. "We were wondering where you were."

A few metres behind them now, Pinkie reminded Twilight. "Don't break a Pinkie Promise! Or else!!!"

Sunny Flare looked at Twilight, as now they were out of range from the other girls. "What was that all about? Why were you over there making friends with the enemy for so long?"

Twilight looked away. "They aren't my friends. Besides, it's nothing important," she said, trying to hide the fact that she knew something. Problem was, that Twilight was not such a good liar.

"C'mon, you can tell me. We're friends, right?"

"Fine, I'll tell you, but you aren't going to believe me," she said. "It all started when-

Author's Note:

Ooh dang! She didn't keep the Pinkie Promise! :pinkiegasp:

You also might have noticed that I put the 'Hiatus' thing at the bottom of the story, that's because I'll be taking a short break (2 weeks?) from this story. I'm going to be shooting out chapters really fast after that because I need to get this done before June!

Also just thought of a way I could write Flash into this (I hate him by the way) and actually develop his character. Hmmm...