• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 1,351 Views, 24 Comments

The Sacred Elements - Wind Typhoon



Have you heard that Celestia and Luna have a brother? Do you know of the counter parts to the Elements of Harmony? No? Then sit and let me tell you a tale.

  • ...
11
 24
 1,351

Chapter 4: A Dream Meeting & A Morning Talk

Chapter 4: A Dream Meeting and A Morning Talk


After Sonata fell asleep, Wind stayed awake in bed staring at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep as he was thinking about the week to come. "Tomorrow is the first activity, I wonder if I should tell them what it is in the morning," he thought nervously.

He thought back to the conversation with Sonata and smiled. "Home, I wonder what mine is," Wind thought happily, before drifting off to sleep.


When Wind awoke, he found himself in a familiar place. "This place again?" Wind thought curiously studying his surroundings.

"Ah Wind, nice to see you again," a voice said behind him. Turning around, he saw Cyclone standing there.

"Hey Cyclone, what did you want to talk about?" Wind questioned curiously.

"Well, it's about the week ahead," Cyclone responded causally.

"In what way?" Wind asked, walking around the cave.

"Well, in order to explain that, I'll need to introduce a friend of mine first," Cyclone answered calmly.

"You have a friend?" Wind inquired curiously. He didn't know that Cyclone had his own friends, since he only meet him in a dream.

"Yes, five actually, you'll meet them over the course of the week," Cyclone commented casually. Cyclone then walked to a nearby rock and spoke with someone, though Wind couldn't hear it.

While Cyclone was having the conversation, Wind inspected the Sacred Tree. He noticed there were six insignia on the tree, one of which was his.

"So, I see you're inspecting the tree," Cyclone said from behind him.

"Just checking it out, might be useful for later," Wind responded calmly.

"OK, my friend is ready, by the way," Cyclone explained, ushering Wind to follow him. Following Cyclone, he was lead to a round room with six doors. "Now, each of these doors will correspond to one of my friends," Cyclone explained as Wind marveled at the doors.

"Let me guess, I'll meet them as the week progresses?" Wind asked curiously.

"Exactly," Cyclone responded happily.

Studying five of the doors, Wind saw that they were five different colors: orange, light azure, purple, light amber, and light blue. While looking at the doors, Wind noticed a gray door among the colorful cavern. "Who's that door?" Wind thought curiously.

"Hey, you ready or what?" Cyclone called cheerfully, standing by the orange door.

"I'll be right there," Wind responded, heading to where Cyclone was. While Wind was walking over there, he felt a familiar feeling. "That feeling, I felt it before," Wind thought curiously, thinking back to when he first meet Trixie.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Cyclone asked, braking Wind's train of thought.

"Just thinking about the week ahead," Wind lied smoothly.

"Okay, I just need to explain something about the other side of this door," Cyclone told Wind.

"What is it?" Wind asked.

"Unlike here, you won't have as much freedom," Cyclone explained.

"How so?" Wind questioned.

"Well, you won't be able talk or move in there," Cyclone responded.

"Anything else?" Wind asked.

"You'll be able to communicate and talk to yourself by thinking, that's about it," Cyclone responded nonchalantly.

Looking at the door, Wind cautiously reached out to grab the handle when Cyclone stopped him. "Let me open it, you should step back," Cyclone told Wind. Taking a few steps back, Wind decided to mentally prepare himself. "I wonder if this will actually work out," Cyclone thought, reaching out a hoof to open the door.

When the door was fully opened, there was a wall of light the shined brightly. "Wow, was not expecting that," Wind said covering his eyes.

"Sorry about that, I forgot about it myself," Cyclone said walking behind Wind, guiding him forward.

"That's okay," Wind said stepping towards the door. When Wind got to the door's threshold, he felt the light engulf him and lost consciousness.


When Wind awoke, he saw before him a room. The room looked like it was underwater, with orange walls, a bed, a dresser, and a desk. Looking at the bed, he noticed that someone was laying down on it. This someone, who he assumed was Cyclone's friends, was a female pony. "I should have figured the she would look like Cyclone," Wind thought to himself. Taking a closer look, he noticed that instead of a normal pony, she had fins on her legs and translucent wings on her back as well as a horn on her head.

"Hello," Wind called out, not sure she could hear him. To his surprise, even though he couldn't speak, the pony heard him and sit up.

"Oh, you must be the one Cyclone told me about," she said happily.

"You can hear me?" Wind asked, extremely surprised.

"Of course, didn't Cyclone explain how this world works?" the pony responded.

"Right, that's a thing," Wind said, mentally face palming. The pony laughed a little and got off the bed.

"My name is Melody, by the way, Princess Melody," she told Wind.

"Mine is Wind Typhoon, nice to meet you Melody," Wind said, bowing politely.

"Nice to meet you as well," Melody told him.

"Um, may I ask a question?" Wind asked nervously.

"Go ahead," Melody responded.

"What race are you exactly?" Wind inquired curiously.

"What do you mean?" Melody said in response.

"Well, Cyclone is a pegasus, so what are you?" Wind explained.

"Oh, well I'm actually a hybrid of two races," Melody told Wind.

"Really, what two?" Wind questioned curiously.

"A siren and a alicorn," Melody responded.

"I can guess what an alicorn is, but what is a siren?" Wind inquired.

"Well, that can be complicated to explain," Melody commented.

"We have time," Wind told Melody.

"I know, so I'll keep it simple," Melody said.

"Ok, I'll just stay quiet while you explain," Wind told her politely.

"Very well, than I shall begin," Melody said as she sirens and their biology.

“A siren is a type of aquatic pony. A lot of aquatic ponies usually have fins somewhere on their body, sirens have their fins on their legs. Most aquatic ponies live only in the sea, however, sirens are an exception. Sirens have two notable features about them, those are the translucent wings and special pendants. The pendants are used to gather magic in the air and help them use the magic." Melody explained.

As Melody finished, Wind felt a little dizzy. "Melody, I feel dizzy, what's going on?" he asked in a nervous tone.

"You must be waking up," Melody explained calmly.

"Is there anything else I should know?" Wind questioned.

"All you need to know is that the others will explain different things to you," Melody told him.

"Okay, nice to meet you Melody," Wind said as he started to feel more dizzy.

"Nice to meet you too, Wind," Melody responded. With that, Wind felt his consciousness leave him.


After waiting a few moments, Wind opened his eyes and saw he back in the bedroom. "Another one of those dreams," he thought, sitting up. Looking next to him, he saw Sonata still sleeping peacefully. "Better not wake her up," Wind noted mentally, carefully getting up from the bed.

After getting up from the bed, he looked at a nearby clock on the wall and saw it was 6:50 AM. "Might as well get dressed and start the day," Wind whispered to himself.

After spending a few minutes getting dressed, Wind carefully exited the room. "I think it would be better to wait for the others to wake up," he thought happily. With that thought, he went down stairs and heard the TV in the living room. "What the heck?" Wind whispered to himself.

When he got to the living room, he noticed Adagio sitting on the sofa. "Adagio? Wind called cautiously.

Adagio, not noticing Wind come down the, was startled a little. "Oh, it's just you Wind," she said, calming herself.

"What are you doing up?" Wind questioned, sitting down in the nearby chair.

"I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep," Adagio admitted in an embarrassed tone.

"Ok, why did you wake up?" Wind asked curiously.

"Well, I had a bad dream," Adagio told him.

"Oh, well than I won't pry," Wind said. The two of them sat in silence until Wind noticed a small red car on the arm rest. "Oh, so she has one as well," Wind thought, smiling a little. Mentally calling out Starforce, he got up and walked over to the couch.

"Hey, mind if I ask you something?" Wind asked, sitting down next to Adagio.

"What is it?" Adagio responded.

"Where did you get that toy car?" Wind questioned curiously.

Adagio had a look of surprise before she picked up the car. "Well, I brought it from home," Adagio told him.

"Really, it looks a little like mine," Wind commented. A little confused, Wind reached down and grabbed Starforce, who had just arrived. When Adagio saw the car, she was surprised that he had a toy car.

"You still play with toy cars?" Adagio asked in amazement.

"What can I say, I'm a kid at heart," Wind said with a smile on his face.

"Can I hold your car Wind?" Adagio asked, blushing a little bit.

"Go ahead, as long as I can hold yours," Wind told her. The two nodded in agreement and exchanged their toy cars. A few seconds after the exchange, they both got shocked by the cars. While Wind remained calm, Adagio was surprised and almost dropped the car.

When Adagio felt the shock, she instantly knew what the car was. "Wind, this car wouldn't happen to be a Shift Car, would it?"

Wind simply smiled and motioned to the car in Adagio's hand. "Yes, I would be a Shift Car," Starforce said. Adagio simply looked up and stared at Wind.

"I'm going to tell the others about this you know," she told him.

"I know, I was planning on telling you all anyway," Wind said confidently. Adagio got up and lightly punched Wind's arm and smiled. The two kept talking for a little with Speed and Starforce talking with each other.

Author's Note:

Sorry about taking so long, I'm a slow writer and school doesn't help.
That being said: be on the lookout for a blog tomorrow.

PS: Any questions can go in the comments below.