• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 1,350 Views, 24 Comments

The Sacred Elements - Wind Typhoon



Have you heard that Celestia and Luna have a brother? Do you know of the counter parts to the Elements of Harmony? No? Then sit and let me tell you a tale.

  • ...
11
 24
 1,350

Chapter 10: The Third Dream & A Quick Agreement

Chapter 10: The Third Dream & A Quick Agreement

After spending the rest of the day helping the rest of the team, Wind got ready for bed. "Hey Wind, can I speak to you?" Sonata asked after she came out of the bathroom.

"Sure Sonata, what did you want to talk about?" Wind responded as he sat on the bed.

"Well, it's just a question about your memory," Sonata told Wind. Wind seemed to tense up for a moment before calming down.

"Sure, what did you want to ask?" Wind asked.

"Well, do you have amnesia?" Sonata responded in a nervous tone. Wind looked at Sonata and sighed.

"How did you find out?" Wind questioned in a calm tone.

"Well, I came in when you were talking with Trixie in the backyard and overheard the two of you talking, Sonata explained.

"I would tell you something about privacy, but I feel like I need to open up to someone," Wind told Sonata.

"You don't need to," Sonata said.

"Its fine, like I said, I needed to tell someone about this and you're the only one who I really feel comfortable to talk about this," Wind said in a serious tone. Sonata said nothing and waited for Wind to tell her what had happened. "Well, first thing first, you are right in the fact that I have amnesia," Wind told her.

"I knew that, but do you know how you got amnesia?" Sonata asked.

"No, I woke up with no recollection of my past. The only reason I'm here is because of Principle Celestia, who found me and took me in," Cyclone explained.

"So, you consider Celestia you're mother?" Sonata asked.

"Something like that," Wind told Sonata.

"Hey, I'm not judging you, but it's good to know not to make you upset," Sonata told Wind.

"Well, that probably is a good idea. Besides, who know what Celestia would," Wind said in a playful tone. Sonata laughed nervously as she thought about the consequences of that action. "Well then, let's go to sleep," Wind said as he laid down on the bed he and Sonata shared. Sonata climbed into bed and started to fall asleep when she felt the feeling that they were being watched. She looked around and saw that no one was in the room with them.

"Must be my imagination," Sonata thought before falling asleep. After she fell asleep, a blue light appeared in the room and slowly hovered over to Wind. When it reached the bed, the light floated there for a little before heading into Wind.


"Huh, this is new," Wind told himself as he looked around the cave. When he got there, he was expecting Cyclone to be there waiting for him. When he arrived, however, he couldn't see Cyclone anywhere, "I wonder where he is," Wind thought as he walked around. He was about to head towards the doors when he felt a small hoof touch his leg. Wind turned around and looked down to find a small alicorn filly waiting there with something in its mouth.

"Hello there," The filly somehow said with something in her mouth.

"Hello there little one, do you have something from me?" Wind asked as he kneeled down.

"I do, here you go," The filly said as she levitated the letter in her mouth to him. Wind grabbed the letter and began to read it.

"Dear Wind,"

"Sorry about not being there, something came up and I had to take care of it. I'll be back in two days. Until then, I sent Conta to keep you company. She is a good kid and one that I know you'll have a good time with. Also, I've already spoken to the next two friends you'll be visiting and they'll let you know when it's time. Anyway, see you when I get back."

"From, Cyclone"

Wind looked at the filly and smiled at her. "Well, it's good to see that he cares about me," Wind said as he patted Conta on the head. Wind noticed that Conta seemed a little nervous while he patted his head, but didn't move away. "You're nervous about this, aren't you?" Wind asked in a kind tone.

"Of course I am, I'm always like this when I meet a new person," Conta said as she shuffled her hooves nervously.

"Well, why don't we talk for a little and get to know each other?" Wind suggested.

"That might be a good idea," Conta said as she walked to the Sacred Tree and sat down there. Wind followed her and sat down next to her.

"So, how did you meet Cyclone?" Wind asked.

"Well, I don't feel like talking about that because it's kind of personal," Conta said.

"Hey, I understand how you feel. In the real world, I keep these meetings a secret from everyone," Wind told Conta.

"Why do that?" Conta asked curiously.

"Well, I do that because I'm honestly waiting for a good time to tell them about this," Wind admitted. Conta said noting in response and left an uneasy silence. "Hey, do you have any memories of your past?" Wind asked cautiously.

"Not all of them," Conta told Wind.

"I know how you feel, I don't have any memories of my past," Wind said.

"How are you handling that?" Conta asked. Wind thought about how to answer that and realized something.

"To be honest, while I keep a happy exterior for everyone to see, I'm honestly sad," Wind told Conta in a shaky voice.

"You're sad about not remembering your past, aren't you?" Conta asked.

"Of course I am, I don't know where I came from, I don't know who my parents are, I don't even know if I have any old friends," Wind ranted in a depressed tone. Conta said nothing and just listened to what Wind said. "The worst part is that I don't know what to do when I get my memories back. Do I go look for my old family and friends or do I stay here?" Wind said. It was at that point that a bright purple light came from one of the doors.

"I think that your new friend is calling you," Conta told Wind.

"I think so; I've got to get going. Sorry about bombarding you with my depression, I just needed to vent it with someone," Wind told Conta as he got up. Wind started to walk to the doors when he heard Conta getting up and walking behind him. When Wind got up to the door, he went open the door when he saw an aura around the handle. He smiled and let Conta open the door for him. "I thought you were nervous around people you didn't meet before?" Wind said as the door opened.

"We are the same in terms of how we feel and I like how you are," Conta told Wind.

"Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment," Wind said as he walked into the door.


When Wind arrived at where the door lead, he noticed something different immediately. "Hey, I actually have a body in this one," Wind thought to himself as he tested out the body he was given. After getting used to his body, he looked around and saw the room looked similar to the one when he visited Melody.

"Hello there, you must be Wind," a voice said from behind him. Wind turned around and saw a siren standing there.

"I am, you must be the one that I'm supposed to be meeting today," Wind said.

"That is correct, my name is Aria Blaze, nice to meet you" she told Wind as she extended her hoof.

"Nice to meet you Aria," Wind said as he shook her hoof. Wind realized something and noticed a pattern developing. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know someone known as Princess Melody would you?" Wind asked curiously. Aria looked confused before realizing that name sounded familiar.

"I do, but Melody is actually the nickname of one my friends. Her name is Adagio Dazzle," Aria told Wind. Wind nodded in understanding and kept that in the back of my mind.

"Anyway, what do you have to tell me?" Wind asked.

"You mean like about the sirens?" Aria responded.

"That would be correct," Wind said.

"Well then, why don't you tell me what Adagio told you and we will go from there," Aria told Wind. Wind thought back to when he meet with Adagio.

"She just told me a little about how Sirens work, where they live, and how they get their magic," Wind told Aria.

"Ok, well then, I can explain how Sirens and Ponies interact," Aria said.

"Ok, that seems fair enough," Wind said as he got ready to hear.

"Well, Sirens and Ponies do have an interesting relationship. Early in Equestrian history, Ponies tried to hunt Sirens for their scales but that was ended relatively quickly with a diplomatic trip by Princess Celestia, the ruler of the nation of Equestria. We started to slowly trade our goods between the nations and peace came for our two nations."

"I imagine that there was some distrust between the two of your nations," Wind said.

"It was less distrust and more of people who didn't agree with the trade and peace between the two nations," Aria explained.

"Ok, is that all that Ponies and Sirens did in terms of interaction?" Wind asked.

"Well, there was also more of a relationship that the two had, but I don't know much about that. You'll have to ask Sonata about that," Aria told Wind.

"Out of curiosity, do you know when I'll be seeing Sonata?" Wind asked nervously.

"Well, you should be meeting her in two days," Aria said after she thought about it.

"OK, since it looks like I have some time to spare, mind if I ask you a few questions about yourself?" Wind asked politely.

"Sure, just as long as you don't get too personal, which I will let you know of," Aria responded.

"In that case, what is your relationship between you, Adagio, and Sonata?" Wind asked curiously.

"That is one question that I can answer comfortably. You see, while we may act like we are only friends, we are actually sisters," Aria told Wind.

"Why do you act like you're all friends in that case?" Wind questioned.

"Well, it's because we aren't sisters by blood. We consider ourselves sisters, but we are actually really good friends," Aria explained.

"Ok, what was your home like?" Wind asked. This caused Aria to become awkwardly silent. "I won't ask in that case, since it seems like a private topic," Wind said.

"Sorry about that, it's just something I'm uncomfortable answering," Aria apologized.

"Its fine," Wind said in a comforting tone. Before Wind could ask his next question, he felt a familiar feeling come over him. "Well, I think I'm about to wake up," he told Aria.

"Well then, I'll be sure to tell Sonata to continue telling you about the Sirens," Aria said. With that, Wind felt himself wake up and return to the real world.


Wind woke up groggily and sat in the bed. "Morning sleepy head," he heard Sonata say. He looked to his left to see Sonata already up and dressed.

"You're up early," Wind said as he got out of bed.

"I woke up at about seven and couldn't go back to sleep, so I just woke up and got dressed for the day," Sonata told him.

"Well, did anything happen while I was asleep?" Wind asked as he was about to enter the bathroom.

"Well, I did notice Aria out in the back yard, but I didn't notice if anything was wrong," Sonata told Wind.

"I'll go check on her after she got dressed," Wind told Sonata in a comforting tone.

"OK, I'll leave her to you. I would just recommend you be care because she can get easily frustrated," Sonata told Wind.

"Thanks for the heads up," Wind said as he closed the door. After Wind got dressed, he went down stairs and looked outside to see Aria standing outside. As he opened the door, he heard her practicing her singing with some obvious difficulty.

"Days flying by, I still wonder why," Aria sang with several voice cracks.

"Wow, that Battle of the Bands event must have done a real number on her voice," Wind thought. Aria then stopped singing and then walked to the fence, which she seemed to punch out of frustration.

"Dang it, why can't I get any better?" Aria said, an angry tone very obvious in her voice.

"You seem like you could use some help," Wind said as he walked out to the backyard. Aria turned and saw Wind walking towards her.

"How much did you hear?" Aria said bitterly.

"I heard you trying to sing and saw you punch the fence out of frustration," Wind told her.

"Why did you come out to me?" Aria said as she turned towards Wind.

"Well, I came to help you because Sonata told me…," Wind said.

"Sonata told you?" Aria said.

"She's worried for you, you know," Wind told Aria. Aria said nothing as she let that thought sink in. "If you want to talk, we can do it this afternoon after the activity," Wind offered.

"That would be perfect," Aria said as she just clenched her fist.

"Ok, I'll leave you to yourself," Wind said as he slowly backed up. With that, he left Aria in the yard to vent her anger.

"God dang it, why does this always happen?" Aria thought as she started to calm herself down.