• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 6,913 Views, 77 Comments

Love is Chaotic, Chaos is Lovable - Remedyfortheheart



Eris struggles with her feelings for the kindest pony she had ever met. Little does Butterscotch know that a malevolent being has been smitten with him and his charms.

  • ...
15
 77
 6,913

A Touch of Mayhem

The night was restless in the small cottage. It's inhabitants tossing and turning. Tired from their mental strain that had recently just erupted into what most would call drama. This drama meant a change for the two. Eris the newly reformed creature sleeping under Butterscotch's couch. And Butterscotch the kindest colt you would find in all of Ponyville. The two were complete opposites and it had been proven just this night. That through their natures they were repelling each other.

It wasn't difficult to see that something bad had happened between the two. The humble was house turning into a cell, that housed negative emotions about one another. Eris was downstairs actually sleeping under the couch with Lillitha curled along her head. Taking the form of what would be her pony form if she was born a regular filly. Butterscotch was cradled up along his pillow. Writhing in his sleep softly panting as he had a strange dream. Perhaps it had something to do with Eris's distraught emotions. Right before Eris fell into her slumber she could feel her lips silently speaking out. Letting out one wish.

("If only you could understand.") Eris mouthed out in thought. Her lungs producing no sound of air, but was a simple gesture laid out played along her moving lips. Than that darkness that took over her mind as she began to dream.ï


Just what exactly was going on? The sun was shining brightly and Butterscotch could see his friends all lined up along a picnic blanket. The strange part about it was the ponies before him he didn't know. Or rather have never seen before. A purple hoof slid a daisy sandwich along a plate towards his position. His usual favorite for such an activity, but it was rather an unwelcoming gesture as Butters cringed in place.

"What's wrong?" Said the mare who looked awfully a lot like Butterscotch's friend Dusk Shine.

"I-I....um... no nevermind, Dusk Shine. I'm just a bit.... surprised is all." The purple mare blinked and turned her head at Butters Direction. The blonde colt held back not wanting to ruin the moment between so many ponies. While the female Dusk Shine stared him down with a questioning stare the other friends of his were chatting away. Like nothing was strange about this day.

"You feeling alright?" The supposed pony, Dusk Shine, asked.

"Y-Yeah!....I'm um.... 'Berry Perfect!'." Butters added using another friend's saying. Bubble Berry, the Party Pony, would often say that when he was feeling at his best on a good day.

"You mean Pinkie Perfect?" Dusk said with a cringe of his own starting to believe that Butterscotch was crazy.

"Somepony call me?!" Pinkie beamed bouncing into place as stomped onto a plate that forced a cupcake to fling into the air. Twirling about in the air before landing into Pinkie's mouth with a slight chomp. "Mmm!" Pinkie called out chewing for a mere second and swallowing her treat.

"Bubble Berry?" Butters asked as he felt himself lower to the floor in his already laid out state. Every second confusing him to where he was getting uncomfortable. Pinkie merely blinked and dropped her smile. Tilting her head to the side at her friend's comment.

"Who's that? Oh! A new pony in town?!" Pinkie said with another bounce.

"I doubt it Pinkie." Twilight said with a giggle. Finding that Pinkie spreading some light into the dim conversation was pretty funny.

"No you're Bubble Berry." Butterscotch told both his friends as they looked at one another. Pinkie into the female Dusk's eyes.

"Hey, Twilight is Fluttershy alright?" Pinkie asked as Twilight shook her head left and right in a silent reply.

"Fluttershy calm down." Twilight began as Butterscotch's eyes widened. This wasn't him. Why were they referring to him in such a way.

"My name is not Fluttershy." Butters began in a weak like state. "It's Butterscotch." He claimed trying to make a stand. but no matter which way he looked at it his friends were stuck in their mare like forms and questioning him as if he was the one that got the whole world around him wrong. He wasn't wrong. He knew his own world wasn't like this. Just what exactly happened to his friends?

"Why's Fluttershy hiding in her corner?" Said a cyan blue Pegasus who noticed Butterscotch crouched low in his defensive stance. Due to the height of her hovered self flying in place in the air.

"Blitz! Please! I'm Butterscotch!" Butters called out in retort as he popped his head up at the mention of him being somepony he wasn't. Sticking his hoof to his chest trying to look like his manly self. Feeling that slight burst of confidence fill him up. Right now he needed it badly as he was beginning to get scared at what was happening. Looking to a white mare whom he had to assume was Elusive. The only other pony in the group he could calmly talk to with all their session together at the local spa.

"Elusive! Please, tell them who I really am!" Butters said in a panic. The white mare looked up from her bag of gems she was just showing off to Applejack and dropped them in place. Elusive blinked a couple of times batting his eyelashes. Or hers. Butters didn't know anymore.

"Fluttershy, Dear? Why would I tell them such a thing?" Butters could feel his eye twitching. Even elusive was telling him he wasn't him.

"I'm butterscotch!" He said lifting in volume feeling his teeth clench in an unsteady grimace. An orange mare stood up from her seat and looked towards Rarity.

"Ah don't think we're helping." Applejack looked towards Butterscotch and began slowly trotting forward. Butterscotch could feel the tension weighting in the air. His closest friends were thinking he was insane at this moment. He cringed back just a bit. feeling his front hooves scoot back an inch. "Easy now, Sugarcube. No need to be afraid."

"I... I-I don't know any of you!" Butterscotch. "You're not even Applejack!" Butters pointed a hoof at the orange mare. Which made all the others speak out in turn of confused questions. Composed of "What?"s and "Huh?"s. The orange mare that wans't Applejack cringed in place. A leg lifting into the air. Actually hurt by the comment when she was defending Butters.

"But... Ah am Applejack." Butterscotch's mouth dropped. When he thought he saw the pattern happening before him. Things changed once more. Only to fall off the path once again. He shook his head. There was no mistake. That whatever he was doing would turn against him. Feeling cornered Butterscotch shook his head and replied out like a child throwing a tantrum.

"You...you can't be Applejack. The Applejack I know is a stallion!" The others gasped out with the proof laid out before their hooves. Their close friend had lost it. The mention of the opposite sex turning the calm moment into one of a serious incident. Twilight stood up as well as Applejack came closer to Butters on the opposite side. Getting ready to apprehend Butterscotch for the apparent trip that was obviously needed.

"Okay I think we should all take it easy and..."

"Wha-! I'm not crazy! You're all changed! You're all wrong! I'm Butterscotch!" He pleaded

"Mental displacement is not a funny joke Fluttershy! You have us all worried!" Twilight said as she pounced on butter's right side. Applejack on her left. Butters was panting in his fit. Why was this happening. His very friends changed and turned against him. All with the thought of him being insane. They knew he would never joke around and so they shot straight to the fact that Butters was actually mad in the head. Twilight's body and Applejack's forelegs taken hold of his own. Soon those hooves melded together and then their necks outstretched form their bodies wrapping around him further more in coils after coils. Butterscotch gasped out filled with more fear than before as he could feel those snake like beings taking his neck.

Butterscotch closed his eyes and let them take him. Unable to fight them all off. "They're not real! They're not real! They're not REAL!" Butters whispered to himself about to cry. Shutting everything out.

"Who's not real, darling?" Called out the female Elusive. Butterscotch opened his eyes and saw that he was now in a tub of water. The grand green feild of the picnic was suddenly gone. Leaving Butters in one of his usual get-togethers with Elusive. Taking a bath with the white colt. Thiugh Elusive was still just a mare. Even weirder was the bath wasn't one of their normal spa routines.

"You're not real. You're not real!" Butters began once more as he closed his eyes shut. Trying the same method to straighten things out.

"Fluttershy, what are you on about?" Giggled the white mare who came closer to Butters. He could feel her hoof press along his chest. Trying to ease him, it only made things worse. "You know? I've always thought you were very cute, Fluttershy." Confessed the strange mare in front of him. Butters open his eyes to see her right there in front of him. Drawing closer to his face.

"But I'm-" before he could say the obvious and point out he wasn't this Fluttershy. The called Rarity pressed a well maintained hoof to his lips to silence it. Rarity kissed his muzzle and soon Butters could feel and swelling along his chest. His cheeks growing in heat as blood rushed over them to turn a faint red over her lightly colored coat. He felt helpless against this mare. She was kind to him. Gentle even. Rarity ran her lips along his cheek and then his neck. Butterscotch turning his head another way allowing her to touch him. Just then another surge hit him in his senses.

"You're not Elusive!" He called out. Why was Rarity hit on him? Why did he feel so out of place. Rarity simple narrowed her eyes in a lovey-dovey state. Which easily sated Butters worry. Just as his peace was found and he accepted the dream in this state. Preferring this one over the last scene. Rarity's eyes grew red and her mouth unhinged. Pressing her forelegs around his midsection and attempting to eat him whole.

Butterscotch sprang up from his bed. Breathing heavily as he gazed upon his room. Taking a few seconds to see that this was indeed his own bedroom. He had awoken finally out of that consuming nightmare. He cleared his throat and held tightly onto his sheets. Taking another second to even out his panting. Inhaling deeply the fresh air before getting up. Staring at the clock, that told him it was early. Just around a quarter till seven. The new sun greeting the day. Butters stretched out and gave out a long yawn.

"Ahhhhh.....Mmm. HM!?" Butters believed that he must have been screaming or talking his sleep. His tone of voice sounded different as he covered his lips with his hoof. "Oh my! I'll need to take something for my throat." Clamoring out of his bed the poor blonde pony took to gracefully laying his hooves along the floor. Smacking his lips lightly as he passed by his window. Taking in a glimpse of himself. His long pink mane and his slender yellow body. Just as he was about to leave his room he froze in place. Holding onto the door. His lips quivering in what he hoped was just his mind playing tricks on him. His hooves became heavy as he turned back and looked into his window. His mane was longer and he was a bit shorter.

It couldn't be possible. It just couldn't! He rushed to his own personal bathroom and slammed the door open dashing to his mirror. He could feel his breathing becoming uneasy yet again. His eyes scanning every inch. Looking at his mirror than at his own hooves. He could feel himself starting to hyperventilate. He was truly terrified now as what became his nightmare turned into reality. It took everything he had not to scream out in pure horror. A tiny thought hit him in the back of his head as something of a ponder came up. He looked down at his legs and noticed something. He gasped out and felt his lips just stretch out as far as they could inhaling deeply at the pain of what he found. Bloodcurdling scream filling the house.

High pitched just like a filly's and completely filled with unimaginable dread. Seconds later Eris came up slithering into the doorway with Lillitha in her claws. "Nopony move! I have a rabbit! She's rabid! I SWEAR IT!" Eris yelled out.

Lillitha began to growl and shake her head which a white substance hung from her cheeks and chin. She acted as furocious as possible and made it look very convincing that she was possibly rabid. Eris lowered her arms that were extended Lillitha for show and noticed the room empty.

“Butterscotch? Yoo-hooo?!” She called out. Though the only reply she had received back was a high pitched whine from the stallion’s personal bathroom.

“Hhhhhhhmmmmm!!!” Said Butters under his locked door. Wanting to say something though he knew Eris would have a ball with his new circumstances.

“Who’s there?!” Eris called out yet again. Curling her body into the air directly at the door. Cupping her left ear to the surface for the “intruder’s” response.

“Hmm hhmmmmm mmmmhhhh!!!” Butters said too scared to come right out and tell her. Ashamed feelings mixed with grief for the karma he thought he so deserved.

“Might wanna speak up. I don’t speak door.” Eris said leaning away from the wooden entrance. Finding the mumbled whining had gotten only closer to the door. Despite being closer the voice still didn’t seem to form words.

“HMMMMMMHHHH!!!” Butters gave a loud sniffle sound and then a high pitched squeal that made even Eris feel tension.

“Alright lady. If you don’t wanna explain yourself.” Eris began raising her claws into the air and letting a snap sound along the tips in a swift motion. The door had vanished and Eris ended her threat. “We’ll play it the hard way!” Eris frowned looking at a blonde looking mare who had laid hidden crouched along the tub. Butters had retreated into the nearest corner. Trying his best to hide his long poofy pink mane.

The room grew quiet as Eris floated there dumbfounded. Both arms crossed as Butterscotch looked like he was about to cry. It had gotten out. He couldn’t hide it and the one being whom he didn’t wanna see him like this was right there by the only barrier he had to cover his shame and guilt.

Even the small bunny stood there trying to understand what was going on. The whole situation slowing boiling to a point before it finally bubbled over with realization.

“Oh….my….Solaris….” Eris said her lips slowly moving before a wide grin formed along her face. Following by snickering. The growing feeling of laughter filling her gut and expression as she covered her laughing lips. “Oh ho ho! OOOOOH HAHAHA!” Eris wasn’t making it any better as Butters held onto his long mane and hid his eyes. Feeling his welling eyes finally letting a single tear drop along his cheeks.

“Oh wow!” Eris said wiping her own tear away from her cheek. Crying from her laughter a few more spurts of an exhausting good laugh. Now this wasn’t funny for Butterscotch at all. He was terrified and completely confused. Finding fault in the laughing deity’s reaction.

“It’s not funny!” Butterscotch said in a feminine tone. Only rising up in tone but very high pitched that he seemed to regret poking his headup. He covered his lips feeling shy with his new voice. The sound and tone. This wasn't him at all.

“PFFFFFT!” Eris deflated like a balloon after trying to hold it in. Her upper body flying forward as her gut wrenched in a twisting knot of glee. “HAH HA! This is too delicious!”

Lillitha was not laughing with Eris. Instead she stomped her paw and wiped her mouth clean. Gathering the white mess that was along her cheeks and licked her paw free of the whipped cream. Hopping her way to owner and hugging him, or her?, by her cheek. This tiny gesture made Butters smile and for once he felt comfort in her embrace.

"You're not buying this right?" Eris asked the bunny as she whipped out a single hand. Uninterested in how Butters turned into a mare and was still holding onto a grudge for what he said last night. "It's magically impossible to switch a pony's gender." Eris stated mentioning this little fact with her claw curling inwards laying along her chest. While quickly adding a strange phrase to the end of that phrase. "Believe me I've tried!"

"Well... It has to be you Eris." Butters said in rebuttal. "No pony else may be able to do it." The blonde mare said with an inflate of sudden courage. Unashamed of his new filly voice. Thanks to the acceptance of his special bunny. "And you're the only one with strong enough magic."

"And what about the Princesses?" Eris said with a tilt of her head. Giving Butters the evil eye. Staring at him strongly for his accusation. This wasn't something Eris was capable of doing.

"No! Prince Solaris and Prince Artemis would never be so mean!" Butters added. Which made Eris coo out at how cute "she" was beginning to look.

"Awww! You are so cute! Look at you trying to defend them!" Eris said as she held her cheeks together in glee at the adorable sight. Butters wasn't entertained at all frowning. He huffed out in a grimace no longer having the patience to endure this humiliation. Attempting to get up from his laid position to walk out. Eris watched intently as the new butterscotch swayed back and forth. The flowing long mane and tail. Even that pout look she had on her. "If I'm still attracted to you does that make me a-"

"ERIS!" Butters said turning his head back at Eris. Before he even had a chance to leave his room. Butters even attempting to sit down quickly. Tucking in his forelegs along his long tail to hide his curvy butt. He was ashamed of being watched in such a way and right now Eris was only making him feel even more like a fool. He was blushing furiously now. Thoughts about how that question might be answered. Thought his own thoughts smacked the curious idea away. Still deciding on the fact that it would never work with her. Especially not like this.

"Alright! Alright! I'm sorry Butterscotch! Truthfully. I don't know everything about my own power." Eris said as she held her left ear with her right paw and stuck her left paw inside of the over stretched ear. Pulling out her own tail more and more of it slipping out of that one single hole. Like a magic trick with the never ending cloth. This strange sight made Butters shake his head quickly and look down at Eris's body only to find her tail completely unchanged. Butters was so focused on the chaotic trick that he wasn't watching her tail.

"See. I have no idea how I did that!" Eris said with a smile leaning forward in Butterscotch's face.

"I don't have time for this, Eris. I need to feed the animals." Butters added. As always his friends came first.

"Hm. Maybe I should have done my tongue?" Eris inquired to herself which made Butters shiver with how much weirder that would have been to see. Moving onwards down the stairs. His smaller limbs made it feel different moving down each step. His height had changed and Butters was scared for stepping over his long pink mane. He was having so much trouble in fact that Eris commented on his effort.

“It ain’t easy being a girl is it?” Eris said with a cheeky grin. Hovering over Butterscotch. The tormenting mistress was rewarded with a heavy sigh from Butterscotch who could only think about not neglecting his friends outside. Even with his new change the animals should recognize him either way. Shifting back to a proper stance. He took his leave and continued downstairs. Eris in all her magical wisdom, had already beaten Butterscotch downstairs in her flashing type of teleportation.Snickering as she did enjoy the sight of this heartbreaker of a colt suddenly turned around on his pride.

Was it even pride? Was it that reason that he denied her? She couldn’t seem to find the answers or stay on track with the curious questions as Eris was so entertained with this “Fluttershy” having difficulty running around in his new form.

It started with the animals as Eris kept ghosting over Butterscotch. Watching as the animals seem to hesitate flocking over to Butters for a morning meal. Wondering who the new pony was. Though the primal instinct of food eventually gave way and the critters were quick to grab their food and go. Keeping no thought to the new friend. Still weary of his new appearance.

Butters sighed out. Missing the hugs and the small chatter that he shared with the birds and small rodents that ran amuck during there feeding times. Things did change. Hopefully not permanently on him. Butterscotch spent most of his time outside thinking. Asking the sky and clouds why did this happen to him. A slight pulse of his veins signaled his upset nature at Eris for once again causing his distress.

With his chores done, he continued onwards to make a late breakfast. Choosing to feed his animal friends over himself and Eris due to not being able to deal with the choatic being’s constant taunting. A quick layering of wheat bread over some tomatoes and lettuce. Laced with mayo and mustard. A lazy type of spread since Butters didn’t wanna stay too long out in the open. For fear of who else might catch him as his newly bent gender self.

As always, since this morning Eris had been stalking Butters with what he was doing and relishing in his agony. Peeking her head out from the corner of the kitchen doorway Eris poofed herself onto her usual seat after seeing Butters lay out the plate with breakfast on it. She looked down at the simple meal and frowned.

“This it for breakfast?”

“There’s leftover lettuce and tomato for a salad if you’re still hungry.” Butters said trying his best to hold back his spiteful feelings. Hiding it through the indication of what other options Eris had for more food in his reply. Maybe it was his pride that was hurt the most. Being a colt had different things from a mare. He didn’t worry about beauty but more over he worried about his own happiness as a male would do. He wasn’t one for physique but he no longer had his own robust, well as much robust as he could get, body. He had to worry about other things. Like how he would have to somehow figure out how he would go about using the toilet. Now that he had the powerful urge to release.

Leaving the kitchen behind him.He took slow small steps as he stared at the porcelain throne. Swallowing hard he settled himself in the bathroom closing the door behind him. Who was now a her. Ready to face his fear and worries. Unable to hold it in any longer. The lock closed shut and Butters faced somewhat of a nightmare before he would go see his dear friend Dusk Shine for magical advice on this powerful change of magic.

Some time had passed by with Butters’s private session. Taking his time with trying to figure out how things “worked”. He shut the door behind him. Blushing a light pink along his blonde cheeks.Butters entered the living room to see Eris laid along the couch in a very happy mood. Twirling what looked like a white ball along her claws. Spinning and spinning as if she was somehow a pro at a ball game. Eris was smirking in her cocky attitude and snuck a peek at Butters through the corner of her eye. Finally turning her head over to the side to acknowledge her host.

“How was your bathroom break?” Eris gave him a toothy grin. Her single white fang flickering in the light while Butters felt the searing heat in his cheeks flood his face once again like this morning’s discovery.

“I. Rather not talk about it.” Butters said in his shame. It was like he was peeking on some mare when in reality it was still him doing the deed.

“Oh please! Do tell!” Eris opened her palm and the white ball came to a slow stop which revealed Lillitha coming to halt with her head spinning. Now curled along Eris’s claw in a dizzy state. Eris placed the rabbit down where Lillitha tried her best to walk or hop normally though she couldn’t seem to balanced correctly as she wobbled here and there. Falling onto her front side. Butters in his distraught state couldn’t take it anymore. Eris had just been bullying him this whole morning and now Lillitha?

“I’m leaving to see Dusk Shine.” Butters announced finally catching sight of his abused pet. His face scrunched up in determination to beat this thing if Eris wasn’t going to help change him back. She had this whole morning as a chance to make it up to him. But she didn’t even try.

“Whoa whoa whoa! Let’s not be hasty. What if they see you like this?” Eris began finally catching the ball on what was going on.Zipping into the air and curling herself around Butterscotch’s head. Butters turned to face his door and he trotted forward. With Eris poofing close in front of the front door in an attempt to keep him away from outside help. This wouldn’t look good on her personal record and she knew it. Just what would the others think if they realized Eris was probably up to her old tricks. BOOM! Back to the stone ages for her.

She had thought about helping him but she was just too heartbroken to not wallow in some type of glory to make up for the pain she felt last night. In her lack of friendship experience she wasn’t one for making up with another pony. More of her style to get even. And this was as close as she would get to doing so without having done the “getting even part” herself.

Butters was on his last string of patience with her. Giving her a chance to convince him to stay if she was willing to find a way to change him back into a stallion. To help with a solution instead of adding to the problem.

“No. You had all morning help me and you still ended up being nothing but a big meanie.” Butters said. While it was another cute pouting moment for “Fluttershy”. Eris couldn’t bring herself to make a good enough excuse. “Through my chores. Through breakfast. And even when I was scared to death this morning.” Butters told her. Clearly angry with her.

“Hey! Easy. It’s just that I wanted to! I really did! I just...um...just-” Eris began in her own defense.

“Just what?” Butters craned his head up to face the slithering deity. Who seemed to only smile nervously and press her claw tips together in her own amount of shame.

“I..can’t?” Eris said hoping it was good enough to tell him the truth. Eris was really worried now knowing she was giving him a dumb answer to his problem.

“Gasp! HMP!” Butters couldn’t believe it. He shifted his head up in irritable tilt of his head upwards to face away from her and took to flying out of the open doors. Bending low to a nice takeoff and off he went jumping into the air with his wings flared out. His humble cottage shrinking out of sight with Eris left behind.

Strangely enough Butters felt his own emotions were even more sensitive with his new body. Could he blame his hormones or the fact that it was all so chaotic for him to throw him out of his routine that he was stressed out?

He could feel the heat of his breath as he exhaled. Flying as fast as he could. Passing by a couple of Pegasi in the sky. He did his best to hide his face. Though he wish he could entirely hide from plain sight with invisability. He didn’t return their waves of hello or looked their way. Butters reached up along his long mane and scratched behind his ears. His new mane must have been inching him. Great another thing to add to his new self.

All he wanted to do was focus on his wings flapping in the air to bring him ever closer to the Golden Oak Library that acted as Dusk Shine’s home. Time and time again. He ignored the other ponies in flight in the air and flew through the edges of Ponyville and saw the houses that passed by right under him. Scratching his head once in awhile. Feeling the urge to cut the flowing locks that made him look positively female.

He was so sick of it. Being who he was now. As a mare. So done so tired of having to work his mind over and again because of magic within his household. Every since Eris shown up in his life. Everyday had been nothing but a show. A carnival of sorts. And he was part of it. To be played and laughed at. It was bad enough he was treated as such with the other ponies in the town due to his timid shy nature. With Eris, it was a constant reminder why he was so isolated away from his kind. The thought fleeing his mind as he scratched his ears distracted him away from his thoughts.

He had time to think about it clearly. Seething in what could only be guilt for his treatment to Eris and assuming Eris for his drastic change. Who else was there to blame? Who else could have done this that would earn anything from it besides Eris? No pony else.

The troubled colt could feel his heart weight heavy for the one being he was meant to teach. To tutor on how to be a friend. Just what example could he bring to her if he even blamed everything on her? If she didn’t have any control over all of her power then it might not even be her that did it. Much like the pink mane that might be a tangle that was annoying his ears. He could not help but have the long natural pink smooth locks irritate his ear. Butters was so conflicted with that thought that he seemed to think that it wasn’t too late to back away and work with Eris a bit on the situation. Like they should have from the beginning. The scars from their recent conflict of emotions with Eris confessing her love for him were beginning to show more and more. Affecting his choices and thoughts about her.

With the great Oak tree just ahead of him at an angle. He decided he might as well give it a try and just talk with Dusk before he would talk with Eris. His mind was blown with a rage that he couldn’t stand to be next to Eris at his current mood. He would have to spend some time to cool down before confronting her again.

His wings fanned out and he descended onto the front of the entrance to the library. Feeling his hooves land with a gentle caress of the grass and dirt. He inhaled and gave another scratch to his ear before knocking on the door.

“Just a minute.” Called out a voice inside. A colt that seemed to make Butterscotch beam. Thinking about how nice it would be to see his close friend in such a long time. After several seconds somepony opened the door and to Butters surprise. It was not the kind of purple pony he expected. But yet a purple dragon.

“Can I help y-” Barbara the tiny assistant began only to suddenly stop mid-sentence and looked Butters up and down with her glancing eyes. And without a warning Barb simply closed the door again. Which made Butterscotch frown. Was he being insulted? Before he could get the chance to knock again the door opened once more. With Barb doing the same motion. scanning Butters body slowly. This time she leaned up and stared at him with one eye.

Butterscotch smiled wide as if meeting Barb for the first time ever in his shy state. His hoof coming up to scratch his flinching ear. She was somehow placing the pieces together but seemed to not believe it until she really saw it.

“Buuuutterscoootch?” Barb said inspecting the mare with close intent. Making sure she wasn’t being wrong about what she was looking at. “Either that or this is a really good getup.” Barb stated.

Butters replied with a depressed tone of voice. Having to yet again calrify his predicament. “Yes. It’s me.” Butters said dropping his head low his friendly wide smile faded almost instantly.

“But how-? What?! Alright I take back all the girl jokes about you.” Barb added. Which made Butters’s lower lip quiver in such an unexpected way.

“Wha-?” Butters said but was cut off quickly by Barb’s louder voice.

“Nothing! DUSSSSK SHINE!” Shrilled out Barb quickly turning her head the opposite direction. Not replying back to the thoughtless rude comment she had made. Skipping right down to business.

A sound of a book closing quickly filled the following silence as Dusk Shine opened his door. Looking down at the pair. “Sigh. What is it Barb? Who’s...at the...?” Dusk asked. The purple stallion stood there atop of his staircase. Staring at a blonde beauty right at his doorstep. His eyes blinked quickly trying to focus. In the seconds of mere silence Dusk flashed away in a blinding magenta and peeked out of his doorway that led to his study. This made Barbara snicker as she had reacted in the same way just a minute ago. The dragon and the Unicorn on the same boat. As both were not able to believe in the fact that a pony could change genders.

“Dear Solaris that IS Butterscotch!” The two had been around enough magic to know that gender switching was impossible. All of Dusk’s experiments and assignments having to deal with great feats of magic which were usually conducted by other past ponies who literally held more potential and knowledge than any of the two. To see such a result of the most potent of magics was enough to make Dusk flash downstairs immediately to examine Butterscotch thoroughly. Taking hold of the mare’s face and tugging her head left and right. Which Butterscotch didn’t mind. Surprised at least, but knew eventually Dusk Shine would do this with him, or her.

Butterscotch endured the sudden gripping of his face and neck scratching his ear in waiting. Dusk Shine just couldn’t believe it. He checked every bit of her face to catch signs of a disguise or some type of magically induced tag or illusionary trick. Nothing. Not even marks of a curse or some scar from an ancient skirmish in a temple of some sorts. His mind raced with the possibilities of how this might come into play before he even asked her a single question.

“Just how did you?! Who?!” Dusk Shine caught himself being overexcited and realized he was being rude. Not to just his friend but to a lady. He moved back and held a hoof up to his lips and cleared his throat. Catching his composure.

“Ahem! Please. Tell me everything.” He began once more giving Butterscotch room to finally make his way inside. To feel the comfort of the door closing behind him hidden from sight indoors. The entrance being closed by the friendly purple assistant who tugged along Butters tail in joining of Dusk’s curiosity. While she wasn’t a student of magic, she was still very interested in how this came to be on a single pony.

“Smooth move, Dusk Shine.” Barb commented crossing her arms in a teasing smile.

And so Butterscotch continue his story and told all the details of his dream. How he was simple called Fluttershy and no longer being acknowledged as the colt he truly was. How the images he saw of his swapped out friends tried to devour him and how two relaxing moments turned into traumatizing experience.

Dusk shook his head up and down with his hoof ladi along his chin in pure thought. The two ponies sat along the ground in the middle of the Library as they spoke to one another. Butters awaited Dusk’s reply to the ending of his tale and was instead given a silent treatment as Dusk looked over “Fluttershy’s body”. It was hard to make a theory with missing pieces. Perhaps it had to do with something Butterscotch left out. Mainly everything that had to do with Eris’s confession and the fight last night. Even this morning’s little argument about her magical abuse of her powers.

“My best guess is that kind of creature took hold of your nightmare and made it into reality.” Dusk proceeded to one of the heavily adorned walls that were laced with shelvings of books and papers. He pointed towards a single book. Letting his horn glow and that hold of that one book he was thinking about. His magenta glow concealing the precious old textbook and pulling it out from it’s contents.

“Ahah! He we go! The Plaguing Creatures of Equestria’s Past.” Dusk laid the book gently down on the bookstand and began shuffling through the pages with his magic. Butterscotch was a bit confused with the advance wordings and merely stayed quiet as to not look dumb.

“It’s a book about ancient creatures that no long threaten Equestrian lands. The ponies before our time made it a priority to clear the land of certain beings that made living in Equestria difficult.” Dusk Shine continued as if teaching a lesson. Butterscotch sighed out happy that Dusk explained the complication title of such a book.

“This seems to be your culprit.” Dusk Shine said moving out of the way giving Butters room to move forward and stare at the page that read. “Miasma, Tantabus, and Incubus” as it’s first few aforementioned names given to it. Below the text Butters could see the mere mentioning of what this type of haze like creature did back in the days of old. Continuing with his read he saw that this was a night terror creature that fed on the raw negative emotions of a creature. Acting as a magical parasite that affects one’s mental being as to continuously feed and grow.

While dusk had a good explanation Butters knew he was far from being right. Butters could see how this could make a pony insane or even drive one to become completely hopeless and grim. This wasn’t his case though. Butters refused to let Dusk Shine know about what went on with Eris under his care. He wouldn’t betray her like that. He simply frowned and didn’t seem too happy with the idea of continuing his lie to keep up his shield for the deity that caused him so much grief.

“Oh uh….wow! Is that in me?” Butters acted out the part. Denying it now would only lead to a real explanation of what was going on within his life. Even though they were close. Butters would rather keep things private between the two that meant it to be private. Sometime he hated this kind part of himself. Just how would he deal with this little white lie now?

“Could be? Only one way to find out.” Dusk continued moving forward to read more of the paragraphs on the page. Right under the dark shimmering cloud like picture that depicted the creature in question. “They should have all been wiped out completely under Star Swirl’s rein of magical research. Seems like this one is probably the last of it’s kind.”

Butters could feel a sigh escaping his lips and his eyes urging to eyeroll in their sockets from how much he would have to endure to keep his and Eris’s personal feelings secret.

“Can we not try to um… expel this poor creature?” Butters smiled finally feeling a good enough excuse to somehow draw back from his problem. “I mean. It must be lonely being the only creature left?” Butters added. Playing his animal friend bit with the imaginary parasite living inside of him. Dusk turned to look at Butterscotch and raised a brow.

“You come to me troubled, asking for help and now you don’t want it? What’s going on Butterscotch?” Dusk asked noticing how Butterscotch sat onto the ground and smiled cutely. Giving a slight squee sound. The small gesture made Dusk blush. “She” looked too cute trying to hide something behind her back. And the way the tip of her hoof kept running up to her flickering ear to scratch was even more adorable.

“I uh….I just AHEM! I don’t think that’s wise Butterscotch. Have you thought about what kind of trouble you have in your current form?” The purple unicorn mentioned pushing the topic over to another subject.

“Trust me. I’ve experienced a couple.” Butters admitted. Which made Dusk’s face scrunch up in thought of what kind of troubles would make Butters blush so much. His blonde face turning so flustered he could make out the redness that was forming along her cheeks.

“You wha-?” Both Barb and Dusk asked together.

“Nothing! Nothing.” Butterscotch added. Knowing he just mentioned a lady’s unmentionables. He reached up and scratched his ear. This time his forelegs grabbing his long pink mane and brushing his hooves over the long strands. Pulling rather hard until. Something fell out of her hair.

The tiny little speck yelled out back at as it bounced several times. “YOW! OW….NOT COOL!” Squeaked out the flea like thing.

“Did you hear something?” Butters asked Dusk Shine as he watched the tiny thing fall from that long pink mane. Turning to the tiny voice that was yelling out in pain.

“Is that a bug?” Dusk Shine took a step closer to where the flea like object fell and leaned down to stare at it. It’s distinct color of red, green, yellow, and brown made it easier to identify.

“Ew. I had a bug in my hair?!” Butterscotch shook hugging his pink mane. Looking down along with Dusk Shine.

“Sort of. The worst kind of bug too.” Dusk added. “Isn’t that right Eris?” Dusk pointed it out as that tiny figure waved to the larger beings caught in her little snooping act.

“Alright! Alright. You got me.” She squeaked flashing out of place and a second later poofing her normal self into place before the two ponies. “Oh Dusk Shine! I’ve missed you!” Eris clammered on suddenly shifting her hovering self quickly to Dusk’s side and hugging his neck. To where their cheeks were touching.

Dusk shoved his way out. His head popping free from Eris’s tight grasp. “Wanna tell us why you spying on Butterscotch?” Dusk Shine began his own interrogation. Eris’s sudden appearance made things even worse for Butterscotch. She shouldn’t have shown herself like she did right now. Was this another attempt to make him miserable.

“Why! I’m concerned for his health! I mean look at him. The poor thing looks like he’s about to cry.” Eris said with a suddenly darkness swallowing the whole room with a spotlight flashing in Butters’s position. Butters did look like he was about to cry but not because of his female form. Right now he just wanted to keep the situation between him and Eris separate from his magic problem.

“Eris stop lying!” Butters said in a huff. He didn’t like how Eris was handling the situation. Clearly lying straight through her teeth with deceit and tricks like she always had done. His angry overcoming him. This was something he needed to take a break away from her. All the annoying and arrogant things had bottled up to this point where he just wanted to yell at her. He didn’t get enough time alone and the thought of her still spying on him when he wanted to be alone was so despicable in his mind that he just deemed her the nasty little villain she had always been.

“You’ve been doing nothing to even help me! And now you’re! You’re! Arrrrgggg! Doing it wrong!” Butters started which Dusk Shine even seemed to flinch along with Eris. The rare opportunity when Butters actually got angry with somepony was a thing to behold. “You don’t even need to be here! So why are you bothering me now?!” Butters said huffing out as much as he could.

Eris gave a sneering grin. Smiling wide and flashing to Dusk Shine’s side. Bringing one paw to his chin and the other claw to fondle his square like short mane. “Simple! I’m here to confess my love for Dusk Shine.”

The room went silent as Barb and new Butterscotch held open jaws that felt like they were hitting the floor. Dusk Shine blushed furiously and found that he was giggling from the sudden attention. He never had somepony confess something like this to him. Let alone someone with such raw magical potential. Butterscotch could feel his eye twitching in place. His teeth clenched.Wanting to grind them into dust from how frustrated he was feeling as of this moment.

“Oooo! This just got good. I need to write this down. It’s a good idea for a drama play!” Barb said in glee pulling out a quill and a parchment of a long scroll. Butters was less excited than Barbara. Asking himself in his mind what was Eris doing. And why was there a little monster inside of him gnawing on his thoughts that he suddenly felt this intense spite for Dusk Shine?

Author's Note:

And enter in dusk Shine and Barbara. The two will help Dear Butterscotch learn a life lesson. That of course meaning they will make things either more difficult or easier for him. Read on to find out. As always I'll publish my story first and then proofread a million times over afterwards. I know you guys wanna read it so here it is. The next story will answer more of your questions as to why the characters chose to do what they did.