• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,919 Views, 172 Comments

A Visitor From Manehattan - ILIKEBOOKS



Coco Pommel is visiting Ponyville to help Rarity with a project but will she spark feelings in Spike that were reserved for Rarity?

  • ...
15
 172
 4,919

Chapter 6 Her confession

"Alright I need you to do something for me Flitter,"

"Yes Rainbow Dash?," Flitter asked.

"You and your sister gather some more pegusus, and scout out The Everyfree Forest we must know if another storm is coming,"

"You got it Rainbow Dash!," Flitter flew off.

"Oh, I hope nopony got hurt," Fluttershy flew next to Rainbow Dash. "The storm was so strong," she noticed a pony and a dragon walking outside.

"What are they doing out?," Rainbow Dash turned towards the pair. She flew down to the ground. "Hey what are you doing outside?," Rainbow Dash asked the pair.

"Well me and Coco were walking to Rarity's house to work when the storm came out of nowhere!, so we spent the day in a cabin," Spike said.

"Really is this true Coco?," Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, every word, I was so scared, but Spike protected me from the storm, he was so brave," she nuzzled him. They blushed and sighed. Rainbow Dash grinned.

"Well I guess we should go," she elbowed Fluttershy.

"Oh um yes bye Spike bye Coco," Then they both flew off

"What was that about?," Coco asked. Spike just shrugged his shoulders.


"Did you see that?," Rainbow asked. "Fluttershy nodded.

"You don't think they're,"

"An item?," she chuckled. "Spike just met her and already has a relationship with her?,"

"It is very surprising," Fluttershy said.

"Not really, I mean she's a dress designer, she's awfully cute," she stood still for a second, "It just makes sense,"

"I suppose, do you think Coco is just a replacement for Rarity?," Fluttershy asked.

"No, he wouldn't do that," Rainbow Dash pondered on it for a second, "I'm sure he likes her for her.


"So long story short we defeated Tirek and the castle grew out of ground," Spike pointed at the giant castle. Coco stared at it.

"That sounds,"

"...Unrealistic, too convenient?," Spike said. Coco shook her head.

"I was going to say strange,"

"Oh, so um Coco?," Spike said.

"Yes Spike?," Coco fluttered her eye lashes.

'I..umm, never mind," his cheeks flushed. Why can't I just ask her?," They walked to the front steps of the Castle, Spike opened the double doors where he was tackled by a purple blur. He opened his eyes and all he saw was dark purple mane in his face.

"Spike I was so worried about you, when the storm hit I was so scared," she climbed off of him. "Oh also you Coco,"

"Thanks?,"

"What happened? Did you make it make it to Rarity's house?," Twilight asked.

"No, we didn't make it," Spike answered.

"Can you tell me what happened?,"

"Sure, so me and Coco were, ah ah CHOO," he wiped his nose. "Uh, oh no,"

"Spike are you okay?," Coco asked.

"Yeah better me than you right?," he coughed. "I'm fine I just need some medicine," he fell face first on the ground.

"Spike!?,"


He felt burning hot but freezing cold at the same time. He shifted in his bed but something held him still. "Easy Spike let me get this on your head you'll feel better," Spike felt something wet and cold be placed on his forehead.

"What's his fever?," a second voice asked. He heard hoofsteps approach his bed.

"Doesn't look to good, he has a fever of hundred and five degrees," Spike felt a hoof on his shoulder. "The best thing for him now is a good rest," he heard the click of a button being undone, " This medicine works on ponies so maybe it'll work on him,"

"Thank you Nurse Redheart," both if the mares exited Spike's room.

A Few Hours Later

She walked up the corridor and stopped in front of the door, "Okay you have to tell him the truth," she slowly opened the door and saw him laying fast asleep, "He needs to know," she walked up to his bed and sat on the stool next to him. She stared at him watching as he slowly breathed in and out. "I'm so sorry Spike," she caressed his face. "For everything I've done to you,"

Spike heard a new voice this one was all too familiar and he didn't want to believe his ears. He slowly opened his eyes and saw two dark sapphire eyes staring back. He dreaded the reality of the situation. "Rarity?," Spike choked out. She nodded and continued stroking his face.

"Coco told me everything," she bit her lip, "I did know about your feelings for a long time,"

"Rarity I-," he was silenced by a hoof to his lips.

"Spike I have to tell you this, I-I do love you," Rarity blushed. Spike eyes widened. "I always admired you, the way you work, your energy, your loyalty, your will to stay by my side no matter how many times I failed," she started tearing up, "I tried my best to deny my feelings, I tried going after stallions, which only made me feel worse when you would hold me and say that he didn't know what he was missing," Spike saw it in her eyes, she was telling the truth. "I had thoughts about you," her cheeks got even redder, "Thoughts of what you and I could do together," she wiped her eyes "No stallion has ever made me feel this way," she looked at her hooves "That what made me feel horrible, Spike I want to be with you, but you deserve better than me," she let more tears roll down her cheeks.

"Rarity?," Spike said. She shook her head.

"Spike you deserve a mare who can be with you every step of the way, you deserve a mare you can grow up with, I'm just too old for you" she unbuttoned her saddlebag and pulled out something Spike hasn't seen in years. She was holding the fire ruby he gave to her so long ago. She levitated it to a shelf. "I can't keep it, Spike I can't keep going on like this," she slowly leaned in. "I need to do this," she pushed her lips against his and Spike could feel her tears on her cheeks. They felt so many years of lies and anguish flow away. She pulled away from him and smiled. "You have no idea how long I waited to do that," Spike sat there in shock he couldn't believe that it actually happened. "Spike this never leaves this room, nopony can know but us," she hugged him. "That was the best kiss I ever had," she wiped her eyes, "Can we still be friends Spike?," she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Of course Rarity," She kissed him on his cheek and exited his room. Spike laid back down and closed his eyes.

Author's Note:

So you know Spike and Rarity are not going to date. Rarity just had to get her feelings off of her chest.