• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,890 Views, 172 Comments

A Visitor From Manehattan - ILIKEBOOKS



Coco Pommel is visiting Ponyville to help Rarity with a project but will she spark feelings in Spike that were reserved for Rarity?

  • ...
15
 172
 4,890

Chapter 13 For The One You Love

Twilight sat on her throne, she was surrounded by her friends but for some strange reason she couldn't shake this bad feeling pent up in her heart. She glanced at her laughing friends and halfheartedly chuckled with them. Why do I feel so bad? she thought. Is something going to happen? she put her hoof to her chest and felt her heart pumping faster than normal.

"Something wrong Twilight?" Rarity asked. Twilight shook her head and faked a smile.

"No I'm fine, just have some thoughts in my head."

"You can tell us Twilight, we're all here for you."

"I was thinking... It's stupid I don't want to waste your time."

"When it comes to you Twi I got all the time in the world!" Pinkie said as she pulled a modern wrist watch out. (Ehh, whatever. I quit) Twilight smiled.

"Thanks Pinkie," She giggled. "You always know how to make me smile."

"That's because I love you Twilight."

"Love you too Pinkie." Pinkie's ears went to the side of her head.

"I mean I love-" she was cut off by Rarity.

"So what was the issue darling?"

"Well it's just that... It doesn't matter." Twilight's cheeks turned pink. "Spike was the first colt er drake that I had a connection with besides my brother. We've always been together since I was a filly in some way...he's closer to me than my actual brother, some days I forget that." her friends nodded. "I guess I still care for him more than I would like to admit." She half grinned. "I just want him to be happy, I can't help myself from being a little overprotective when it comes to him and Coco,"

"So are you worried about him?"

"Worried? Maybe a little. I just hope that she takes his feelings seriously. To be honest, we really don't know a lot about Coco."

"If you want my opinion," a soft voice said quietly. Twilight perked up at the sound of her friend.

"You got something to add?" Fluttershy nodded.

"I think that Spike and Coco belong together, They fill each other's gaps. Where Coco is shy Spike is outgoing and friendly. Coco has to work hard and be mature but she'll have Spike to make her feel encouraged. At least that's what I think." Twilight tapped her chin and furrowed her brow.

"You're right." She smiled. "I wonder what that means for me."

"It means we'll be here for you, even more than now." Rainbow Dash grinned. "Besides the little guy needs somepony to be with him when we can't, after all we're only ponies."

"You're all right. I have to support Spike on any choice he chooses."

"Thank you all." A voice said. The mares turned their heads to the hallway. They saw Spike and Coco standing next to each other. Coco wiped her eyes. "Thank you for having faith in me."

"How much of that did you hear?," Twilight asked.

"Enough." Spike and Coco walked to the group of thrones. "Spike and I have something to say."

"We sure do." Spike grabbed Coco's hoof. "I want to move in with her in Manehattan." The mares jaws hung agape.

"Ar-are you sure? T-that's a pretty big step." Twilight said shocked. Spike stared into his new lover's eyes.

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life."

"But Spike who's going to help me around the castle?" Twilight asked. She knew such insignificant tasks could easily be done by herself.

"Twilight you're more than capable of doing it yourself. Look at it on the long run, one day you're going to have your own family and your own problems. I don't think I'll be useful by then." Twilight opened her mouth as if she was going to counter his argument instead she stood up and wrapped her forelegs around his neck.

"Who am I to deny your love?" She released him and turned to Coco. "Promise me you'll take good care of him."

"I promise." Twilight hugged her. Coco smiled and returned the hug.

"Thank you Coco." Twilight parted with her, she wiped her eyes. "I'm glad you two are together.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me." Coco nuzzled Spike. "I'm happy we're together too.


Spike laid down on his bed and pulled the blankets over his body. "Who would of thought, that I finally found love? I can hardly believe it myself." He smiled. "With such a beautiful mare too, I must be the luckiest drake in the world!" He yawned, rolled over to his side and closed his eyes.

The Next Day

Spike yawned and opened his eyes. He sat up and glanced at his room. "I'm gonna miss this place, but I know I'm making the right choice." He pulled the covers off of his legs and hopped off of his bed. He opened his drawers and pulled out the clothes he had. Spike kneeled down and pulled a suitcase from under his bed. "Heh I haven't seen you in a while." He sniffed it. "Still smell fresh." He opened the suitcase and placed his clothes inside of it. "Should I pack a tooth brush?" He shook his head. "I can just buy a new one." He stood up and picked up his Discord shaped piggy bank. "I have no idea why I kept this." He shook it. "Still got some bits in there." He unscrewed the plastic cap and emptied the bits unto his hand. "Let's see." He placed the bits on the ground. "One, two, thre-," Spike turned his head to the door. "Hey Twilight." The mare walked into the room and sat next to him.

"What are you doing Spike?" She asked.

"Getting some bits in case I need it." He glanced over to her. "What's that?" Spike pointed at the large pouch.

"Oh this is for you." Twilight levitated the bag into his open hands. Spike shook it and he could hear the familiar sound of gems.

"I packed you some snacks if you want them." Twilight said.

"Thanks Twilight." He smiled. "So."

"Yep." She glanced at the ground. "Spike I have something I want to say."

"What is it?"

"Well we've known each other since well forever." Her cheeks turned slightly pink. "Do you promise to write to me?"

"Of course Twilight."

"Would it be too awkward to ask for a hug right now?" Twilight said.

"Of course not." Spike put his arms around her barrel while Twilight put her forelegs over his shoulders.

"I'm going to miss you Spike." She sniffled. "I don't say it enough but I love you Spike." Spike felt his eyes water.

"I love you too Twilight." They embraced for a few more seconds before letting go. Twilight wiped her eyes.

"Take good care of her Spike."

"I will." Twilight stood up and walked away from him. She stopped in front of his door, she glanced over her shoulder. "Me and the girls are going to the train station to see you off." She said before she walked out of the room.

Spike smiled and closed his suitcase. He stood up and looked around the room. "Well a new chapter in my life." He exited his room and closed the door behind him. He glanced to the door that was beside him, Spike took a breath and knocked on the door. He opened the door and saw Coco sitting on the bed next to her suitcase.

"Good morning Coco." He said.

"Good morning Spike." Coco closed her suitcase and walked up to him. "So you're really coming with me aren't you?"

"I am." Spike smiled. "So ready to go?" Coco nodded.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"I'll get your suitcase." Spike walked over to her bed and grabbed her suitcase. "Let's not keep the girls waiting." The both exited the room.

"Spike you don't have to come with me." Coco said.

"I know that," he kissed her cheek. "But I want to come with you." They walked down the staircase.

"I had a fun time with you Spike." Coco said.

"You did?" Spike asked with a grin. Coco nodded.

"You make me feel special. I've never felt so loved before." Coco blushed.

"Thank you Coco." Spike grinned "I'd hug ya but these suitcases aren't helping." He chuckled. Coco giggled and nuzzled him.

"You jokes always make me smile." They both stopped in front of the dual doors. Coco opened one door and allowed Spike to exit before her. Spike inhaled through his nose and stared at the sky.

"Wow this is one beautiful day," he glanced over to Coco. "But not as beautiful as you."

"Oh, thank you Spike. Sometimes your admiration take me off guard."

"Why's that? Aren't you used to being called beautiful?"

"That's not it, sometimes a stallion will call you attractive but do it because they have bad motives. I'm not used to being called beautiful by somepony who is being genuine." Spike shook his head.

"Than those stallions don't deserve to even see you, I can imagine that some of them only care about themselves. A bunch of jerks if you ask me." He grinned. "As long as you're with me nopony will look at you the wrong way or they'll have to mess with a fire breathing dragon."

"I feel safe already." She giggled. "So what did you do at the Castle?"

"Most of the chores, sweeping, dusting, the dishes and I cooked all the meals." Coco raised an eyebrow.

"All the meals?" She asked.

"Seriously I did! Twilight is a horrible cook,"

"That's not very nice."

"It's true, and she knows it is too. I bet she'll have to hire a chef, either that or she eats takeout for dinner every night." Spike visibly shuddered. "I remember when I got the stomach flu from Neighton food, it was a horrible experience."

"Sounds lovely." Coco slightly gagged. "Ugh, you made me think about it!"

"Sorry babe didn't mean it."

"Babe?"

"You don't like that? I'll stop if you want." Spike said

"No it's fine, I kinda like it, er hotstuff?" Coco said unsurely. Spike chuckled.

"That was pretty bad."

"At least I tried." She rolled her eyes. "Pet names are childish anyway." She said as blush formed on her cheeks.

"Okay," he smiled. "You're cute when you get flustered."

"You are too much." She looked forward. "So, what are you going to do once we arrive in Manehattan?" Coco asked.

"Well I do have some experience with assisting with dress makers, so I could work with you."

"Sounds great" Coco glanced forward and her cheeks turned pink. "Spike?"

"Yes Coco?"

"When did you start liking me?" She asked staring at him.

"Probably right when the storm happened, being next to you just felt... natural. You know what I mean?"

"I sure do."

As the pair walked the train station came into view. Right in the center was the six mares that Spike had come accustom to. Twilight and Rarity smiled the brightest out of the six. Pinkie Pie jumped up and down as if she was on a trampoline. Spike chuckled, those mares he knew for four years of his life were there just to see him off, this simple fact made Spike feel happy.

"Hiya Spikey!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed as the pair approached.

"Hi Pinkie." He turned to the other mares.
"So this is really happening isn't it?" Spike asked.

"Sure is! Make sure you give my family in Manehattan a holler!" Applejack said.

"I will Aj."

Fluttershy timidly approached him. "Spike?" She asked softly.

"Yes, Fluttershy?"

"I was wondering if maybe you could give me a hug?" She said as she hid behind her mane.

"Oh, uh sure." Spike let Fluttershy hug him. They parted and Fluttershy smiled.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

The group watched as the train slowly made it's way to the station. The train door's opened and ponies began to come out. Spike and Coco glanced to eachother.

"Huh, déjà vu." Spike said

"Hard to believe isn't it?"

"Yeah. I'm kinda having trouble believing this is happening."

"Don't be" Coco pulled him close and pushed her lips against his. The group of ponies began blush as they watched the two kiss.

"Wow look at them go at it." Rainbow Dash said.

"How long do you think till they go up for air?" Rarity asked.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Come on girls, we should give them some space."

"Aww, but they look so cute!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Is that tongue?"

"Whoa, too much!" Rainbow Dash covered Fluttershy's eyes.

"Take notes Pinkie, you might need them." Rarity said casting a knowing look at Pinkie.

"Oh I will!"

"What do you mean notes?" Twilight asked.

"You'll find out Twi," Rarity said with a giggle.

"What does that mean?"

The group mares began to laugh.

"I'm serious!" Twilight felt her cheeks begin to blush.

"You'll find out soon Twilight." Pinkie said with a smile.

"I'm so confused"

The End

Author's Note:

So now what?