• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,906 Views, 172 Comments

A Visitor From Manehattan - ILIKEBOOKS



Coco Pommel is visiting Ponyville to help Rarity with a project but will she spark feelings in Spike that were reserved for Rarity?

  • ...
15
 172
 4,906

Chapter 2 Welcome to Ponyville

Spike and Coco made their way through town. Coco wasn't sure how to start a conversation so silence was the only thing that could be heard. Spike felt that things were getting a little awkward so he spoke the first thing that came to his head.

"Sure is a beautiful...the weather I mean, hehe," Spike rubbed the back of his head. "That was a horrible way to start a conversation," Spike thought. Coco didn't seem to notice his reaction.

"It is rather nice out isn't it?" Coco said staring at the clear blue sky. Spike smiled when he realized he didn't make himself look foolish.

"Yeah, the pegasus ponies cleared the sky today, anyway so I should show you what the town has to offer," Spike said. Coco looked at him and simply nodded. Spike pointed at the large crystal castle in the distance. "That's where I live, pretty sweet huh?" Spike said. Coco smiled and pointed at another building.

"That building looks like a giant gingerbread house," Coco said. Spike glanced at what she was pointing at.

"That's Sugar Cube Corner it sells the best sweets and pastries, it also run by Mr. and Mrs. Cake, so they basically were born for making sweet cake and pie and cookies....," Spike started to trail off as he stared at the building. Coco giggled into her hoof.

"I take it you like sweet things, huh Mr. Spike," Coco said playfully. Her words snapped Spike out of his sugar induced trance. He wiped the saliva off of his lips. He blushed and turned towards her.

"Sorry I just love doughnuts and cake, they make them so good over there, would you like to come and get some?" Spike asked. Coco thought about it for a second.

"I didn't really bring that much bits with me so I'm not sure," Coco seemed disappointed, but Spike wasn't upset.

"Don't worry working for a princess does give me some money, so I'll cover your meal," Spike said. Coco almost literally brightened up.

"Really you mean it?" Coco asked. Spike grinned.

"Sure, and besides that's what friends are for," Spike said.

"Really we're friends?"

"Of course,"

Coco smiled and she walked with a little more bounce in her step. Spike opened the door and let Coco in before himself. Mrs. Cake welcomed them with a happy smile.

"Hello Spike, hello umm sorry I don't think I know you" Mrs. Cake said pointing at Coco. Spike walked up to Mrs. Cake.

"This is Coco, and Coco this is Mrs. Cake she and her husband own Sugar Cube Corner,"

"I see it is very nice Mrs. Cake I love the outside design it's very original," Coco said. Mrs. Cake smiled.

"I'm beginning to like you already, so what can I get ya?" Mrs. Cake said. Spike and Coco scanned the menu above Mrs. Cakes head.

"A doughnut sounds good and a glass of milk, what do you want Coco?" Coco studied the assortment of treats that were laid in front of her. She pointed to a small pastry.

"What's that?" Coco asked Mrs. Cake.

"Oh that's something Pinkie Pie just whipped up, I think it's a cherrychanga wait no it's a chimicherry.. I don't really know, Pinkie never really specified the name," Mrs. Cake said as she contemplated the meaning if the small pastry.

"I guess I'll just have a doughnut like Spike," Coco said. Mrs. Cake nodded and pulled out the sweet treats from out if their glass display.

"That'll be four bits please," Mrs. Cake said with an outstretched hoof. Spike nodded and pulled out the bits from somewhere. ("Don't ask me it's cartoon logic")
Mrs. Cake counted the bits.

"Spike this is six bits I only need four," Mrs. Cake said.

"Keep it as tip," Spike said as he grabbed the doughy goodness from off the counter. Mrs. Cake smiled and put the bits in the register. She poked Spike with her elbow.

"She's really cute Spike," She whispered to him. He blushed and walked with Coco to a small table and sat down.

"Why did you tip?, there was no tip jar," Coco Pomell asked. Spike raised his eyebrow.

"Because I wanted to," Spike said before getting a drink of milk.

"That's odd.

"What do you mean?" Spike asked.

"Well in Manehattan nopony tipped without a tip jar and sometimes they don't tip at all. I guess Manehattan really is different from here,"

"You got that right," Spike took another swig and bit into his doughnut.

"So I guess I should get to know you better," Coco suggested. Spike sat up.

"Well my names Spike I was hatched by my friend Twilight, she and princess Celestia raised me so I never met my paren.." He stopped himself and looked down at the table.

"Are you okay?" Coco put her hoof on his hand. Spike pulled back his hand.

"Of course sorry let me restart, I never been outside of Equestria, I'm fifteen years old and my favorite color is Violet,"

"Why's that?" Coco asked.

"It reminds me if Twilight,"

"You care for Twilight don't you?"

"Yeah, she's the closest thing I have to a family," Spike cleared his throat. "I'm afraid of spiders, and my favorite food is jewels,"

"Any particular jewel?"

"No, just jewels period, I like them all," Spike took another bite.

"I never ate a jewel before," Coco said.

"Well of course not," Spike pointed towards his teeth, "You need Dragon teeth, these babies are stronger than diamond," Spike scratched his head, "I wonder if there's a spell for ponies to eat gems, sounds cool doesn't it?"

"It would be very interesting,"

"Yeah, knowing Twi, she probably has an entire book about it," Spike laughed and Coco raised her eyebrow. "Oh yeah you don't know her,"

"Well maybe while I'm here I could get to know her and your friends better, so how about Rarity,"

"What about her?"

"What do you think about her?"

"Oh, umm well she's very generous, she's nice, not to mention she's pretty, beautiful really," Spike smiled, "She's amazing"

Coco felt her cheeks get hot not from embarrassment, but from something else, then she realized it, jealousy.
She wondered why though.

"Coco?"

She shook her head and realized she wasn't paying attention. "Sorry Spike I was just thinking,"

"Okay, wanna go to the Boutique now?"

"Oh, yes of course," They both got up from their table and Spike waved goodbye to Mrs. Cake before exiting the building.

"Well time to get to work," Spike said happily as they walked away.

Author's Note:

Hi the second chapter took a little while and I apologize but regardless I hope you enjoyed it, P.S. Spike was aged up but not a whole lot just to make the romance a little more natural then a 18 year old and a 13 year old dating, you know that's just sounds wrong.