• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 376 Views, 7 Comments

In the Beginning...... - Arn



A stallion opens his eyes in Equestria. Is this a dream? Why has Celestia brought him here?Only the words from a book keep desperation at bay!

  • ...
 7
 376

Games

Typical day: Get up, read the book, clean up, breakfast, go to work, have lunch, read the book, finished work, shop for groceries, or go to the library or the mall, stop on a bench read, watched his fellow beings go home, make dinner(for one), entertain one’s self, ready for bed, read the book, fall asleep.Busy, busy day, whoop...

Then, one day, everything changed.

As he got up and he cleaned up, he kept forgetting to take his book.Several trips back in and out of his house, later, he finally clutched it firmly, beginning his day. He put the book in his locker, starting his work.

He was late.

As the day progressed work became harder and harder, his feet, hands and eye lids, heavier and heavier. Feeling stuck on the hands of a clock like a worker in "Metropolis".

Time for lunch at long last arrived; he just sat in his seat and held his book. Every time he put it down a sense of panic would wash over him. Well, the book was just small enough to conceal it his body as he worked.

Another feeling washed over him. A feeling of looking, being confused, as if it had misplaced something important, something valuable…him! His strength began cascade back.He felt like a kid winning at hide and seek

He put it out of his mind.

Through the rest of his work day, he continued with renewed strength and vigor.

After work he went to the mall; people watching, by his favorite seat near the fountain.The mall's Merry-go-round turning round and round behind him with its cacophonous tune,"She Loves You", by the Beatles.

It came back! That feeling! He sat there in impending dread.Like it had been hiding behind an object waiting for him, having used an instrument to bring him into focus.He dared not turn around in fear.

A figures on the Merry-Go-Round slowly detached itself from the carriage frame. It casually stepped off onto the mall floor. It bounded, coming toward him. A predator on a pogo stick! Leaping over the guard ropes, up and down, over the mall floor, in a great steeple chase. Children in their parents hands gasped and laughed with delight as they saw it pawing at stars with every high jump falling next to the waxed floor for another bounce, kicking reality away behind it in sideways bubbles!

It got closer and closer! It reared up on it hind legs behind him, wings spread full!

Turn around! Block it with your shield! His mind screamed.

“Gotcha!”Tagged, game over! He felt his every aspect examined, by the eye of this unseen voyeur, being turned over and over in its sight.

Too late, too late. His mind said.

Then, a feeling of satisfaction upon whatever it did or did not find, a tsunami of concentration, will and power washed over him, enveloped him, like being slipped in a draw string bag. He felt heavy, then went limp, as his eyes like massive gates swung closed revolving him out into somewhere else.

His seat was empty, no one had noticed him disappear.

As the Merry-Go-Round turned round and round playing its cacophonous tune, "Eleanor Rigby" by the Beatles!

Author's Note:

So the stallion came from our would and was a human being. Stranger things have happened.

If you feel bad. Stay away from Merry-go-rounds.