• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 376 Views, 7 Comments

In the Beginning...... - Arn



A stallion opens his eyes in Equestria. Is this a dream? Why has Celestia brought him here?Only the words from a book keep desperation at bay!

  • ...
 7
 376

As Saved from the Fire

“Smokie huh? That name, it does match your cutie mark, but tell me, seriously. Do you really want to be known as Smokey the Pony, for the rest of your life?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The stallion began to collapse due to the heat. He was yanked away from the fire by the unicorn.
In doing so the book fell out of his hooves.

“No!!!!”

All Wishes ran and was at the edge to catch the book with his magic. Sweet matted his fur from the heat as he struggled to grab the barely visible book through the smoke and flames.Difficult to breath without coughing fits.

The book slid through his aura like a shuttle through weaver's threads! His magic wouldn't apply properly. Almost as if, as if, the book were, laughing? at him.It flitted around like a sparrow or a dove in his attempts. Then sun burst forth from behind the moon all its radiance blinding the unicorn! Opening his eyes, he thought he lost it as it disappeared. Others drug the All Wishes from the edge of the pit.He pulled free, but it was too late! In despair he fell on his rump and put out his front legs.Why?

HE HAD PROMISED! WHY? WHAT WOULD HE TELL THE PONY ABOUT HIS BOOK!

He was about to wail, then, like a good practical joke, the book suddenly fell right into his hooves with a plop.

It could have fallen on your helmet with a clang, my captain!

All Wishes regained his composure.

“How is he?” he asked the doctor as he starred down at the book apprehensively.

The pony was murmuring something about the image over and over again. “He has the sweats; he’s feverish like I said.Don't know what the smoke's done to his lungs....hope the miasma in this brain will clear... It’s a lot to take. We’ll take him to the infirmary."A he gave his hurredly Assesed diagnosis. "Hope he recovers tonight, we have a scheduled to keep. For Celestia’s sake, All Wishes! You should have let that raggedy thing go!”the doctor chided.

"Still think he's a good random sampling?"asked All Wishes of the doctor.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“How about Imago Dei?” asked the pony.

“Amigo! Friends! You and I!Yes....”All Wishes was pleased then looked concerned, not realizing he had misheard the stallion. “Wait.Are you sure? Amigo Pie sounds a little funny."the unicorn scratched his chin in thought."Do we really don’t want the general public to know you were formally meat eaters?”

“Ah yes, that would be awkward explaining it all the time. Latin and all....Wait!"The pony realized something. "Can I still eat fish?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“And What? Break my promise?To our new friend? Why,to break a promise is the quickest way to lose a friend, you see!”
“Forever..” the fire seemed to hiss.
All wishes gave the flaming pit a stare.Then rubbed his ear with a hoof.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Ok then. How about Smuggie, Smuggie Pie!” Smuggie said triumphant.

“Hmm...Yes. A perfectly good pony name!"All Wishes clicked his hooves together. "The perfect name for you to give to give a filly friend to pass on!”

“Wait? What?Excuse me?”Smuggie said looking up from the book cover again.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
“Yeah, I’ll just take this book and have it inspected for latent magic."All Wishes said as he tucked into a saddle bag pocket. If there is nothing there I’ll give it back to him. Besides, I might as well get a new cover for it, restitch the binding, repair and clean the pages....”

All Wishes already knew the best book binder to take it too. Just to get a look at this book, how it was made, would reduce the price considerably.Twas the trade, curacy for curacy, barter for barter, information exchanged for currency and barter at a fair price.

He could already see the look on his face, pawing through its gossamer pages. Memorizing the letters form from each page to make an exact copy.
Who knew? The pony might lose his and need another to replace it.

“Well, little book,"he patted the saddle pocket where it was remembering its sooted pages. "it appears you went through the flames so he wouldn't have too!”

With book in his bag,he began to trot of. He stopped. He felt something on his head. It covered around his horn. Like when his mother would nuzzle the top of his head before his horn became so pronounced. How he longed to have that feeling again! Even his wife couldn't do it.he craned his neck up to get at it.

Then there was more! It scratched him behind the ears for what seamed an eternity of bliss then it was gone as if he had imagined it.

Everyone had stopped the work to gawk at the commotion of the pony on the edge of the pit and accompanying action scenes.

“Ok guys back to work! Show’s over."All Wishes knuckled his hoof up and pointed behind him. "Celestia said she wanted every bit of those ape rags gone, like before yesterday, move.cough!”