• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 375 Views, 7 Comments

In the Beginning...... - Arn



A stallion opens his eyes in Equestria. Is this a dream? Why has Celestia brought him here?Only the words from a book keep desperation at bay!

  • ...
 7
 375

Covered

In the Beginning

Covered

The Unicorn found the earth pony sitting up.

“Feeling better?”the unicorn asked trotting into the room. The pony there, sitting on a cot, looked at him cross eyed, as if not quite sure how they worked.“Um, would you mind turning to face me.”he said to the back of the pony’s head.”You’re freaking me out doing that.”
As soon as the earth pony swung his head around to regard the unicorn with one eye, he spoke. “I have something for you…”He then magicked something out of his saddle bag and it landed in the earth ponies hooves. ”There you go, sunny boy.”

The pony's eyes opened wide as he pawed the cover and then opened the book.He then smiled thoughtfully, and closed it again."Hello old friend."he said eyes watery, voice dry.

If he had really understood what that book said, he had carried around with him everywhere, what it really said, then maybe none of this would have ever happened.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Confused sounds, darkness crowded place, stifling.Then pushing, pulling shoved to a more open area good to have room to stretch.

“Stop struggling!"said a voice in the dark. "You want to cut off circulation you foal!”

“Well what is he?”asked another.

“Uni…kick me again, and I’ll grab you where it hurts, hollow horn! Unicorn!” said a third.

“Great! Another for remedial training: Easy as 1,2,3…"shoop boom"yahh..watch it you nearly started a fire!Give me that inhibitor ring!It goes on like this.”

There was a ringing sound, like metal scraping something, then a dull thud.

“Uh!Glubble nunkly blloof!”spat said unicorn.

“Power surges and baby talk! Awww...Don’t worry! You’ll figure how to talk. Ha! soon you'll be floating things everywhere! Well Doc, how is he?....hoomp!”the third voice said again.

“Screeee!!”

“I'm serious...look me in the eye !Did I not tell thee?! I said, ‘Stop struggling!’ You nearly hit somepony’s head with your ugly untrimmed hooves and my leg!” third grumpily said.

“Sorry! My bad! I shouldn't have touched there! My fault.” said the doctor.”Nice healthy specimen!”the doctor said.

More struggling.

"Move again and I might accidentally go into the quick ans that will hurt!" the third voice said.

There was a scrapping sound.

“There! Your pedicure is finished! Trim done,sir!" He said in mock tones." Guys, send him on. You’re going with the Unicorns! Lucky fellow, I wish I were so young, eligible and single……Oh! And buck you!!.”

“Ha! Now.Now. Better him than us! I tire so of explaining, having run and run, out of breath, for my life, to my misses, why I’m always late home this time of year!” the voice said.

"Ha!Take the ground."said another laughing."She's control and she knows!"

“One is enough for me!
Can’t you see?
Stop chasing me!
From hearth and home!
Leave me be!
Maybe now everymare can have her own!
Then they can leave us,
Ruggedly handsome,
gaurdponies,
alone!”
Unicorn. Pegasus.
Pegasus, earth pony.
Unicorn.
Earth pony. Unicorn.
Earth Pony. Pegisus,
no earth pony…They sang as they sorted the new arrivals.

And the sorting continued, divided and segregated into pen like areas. Huge: big enough to almost be mistaken for the arena in Rome…with amenities.

“Wow. This guys a is built like a big one. Be ready! What? No fight? You’re not going to fight?No struggle? Hmm..OK then….um…I will be your valet, today.”He then introduced himself as the others snickered.

“Guys stop that and help me get these rags of him!Parts of his body are turning purple! There we go! Isn’t that better? Well built…What you shy?”

The pony closed his eyes tightly.

“Guys quit starring! You’re making him nervous…come on! Don't do that! Don’t turn red!,tch! Boy, your embarrassing us.”

“Hey! He has a cutie mark! Funny one.” as one pointed a hoof at the strange dusk like cloud on his flank with light behind it looking as if something were hidden, bright golden rays shining beyond.

The untrained eye looked him over.”Is the sun rising or setting? Wow.Doc he’s perfectly healthy, muscular but not SheSun if you know what I mean!”

“I’ll take him up to the office for a less evasive examination and an intelligence test, you know. Test for comeliness! My assistants can examine the others. Celestia’s spell was perfect! I’ll consider him a random sampling. If he’s ok then they’re all good, everything we need! Come on big boy! Follow me! Good, nice to see one of them with some manners to follow commands!”The Doctor said. He then went on ahead. The unicorn,mumbling to himself, walking a little too far ahead.

A unicorn! The pony following him became separated having stopped with a gruffle, his mind rebelling, realizing he was staring the tail end of a unicorn in front of him. Keeping pace as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

Staring at its butt!!!! He turned red again.

Horses, he though as he slowly swept his head back and forth, horses everywhere! Talking....horses...doing things with their hooves! Floating things; wings?I'm...a....horse!...ok...now what? Think differently or act differently? He chewed quickly on his lip.He then put on a big horsey smile,crossing his eyes his mind going non sequetor, tilt. He had decided. Until he had something to prove this was real....He rejoiced in his common sense, as his head nodded up and down like bobble bird.

He just wouldn't think!Yes.

Oh and don't be rude.

......and stop thinking about the unicorn's butt picture!!!!

The pony wandered aimlessly about. Looking around at everything making sure he was gawking off to the side as to not bring attention to himself, a habit he had developed over time. Really,he had never gotten used to where he was or what he was and now he was somewhere else as something else! The realization hadn't quite clicked yet. “Funny bird” he was,he believed himself, a different situation always led to new and a different reaction!Right now,he had put himself on automatic, he was running on age old habits and observation.

All these picture of a Mare in the Sun!

Then the necessities of life began to tap on his somewhat questionably lucid mind. He watched the ponies tested a gate and then randomized it with the different walks he saw.

Author's Note:

Where has our Stallion found himself, what was he before?