• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 2,745 Views, 24 Comments

A Starry Nightmare - Princess Star Gazer



It has been four years since Twilight's rise to princess-hood, but now she is having nightmares that keep coming true. When one nightmare show someone close to Twilight getting hurt, can she find somepony in the night to help her?

  • ...
5
 24
 2,745

Perlude- Disappearing Act

In the still of one of the calmest night Ponyville has ever seen, a single cloaked figure walked out of the Golden Oak's Public Library. Nothing else in this part of town moved.

With a single sattle bag on her back, the figure expertly used her magic and to levatete a journal in front of her face. She flipped threw the pages, looking at the book marked pages. The familiar journal felt normal in her magic.

She walked toward the center of town where she would meet her partner. Before she could get there, the hooded pony stopped walking when she heard many voices yelling at somepony. She looked around the building she was standing next to and saw what was going on. Five ponies surrounded another hooded figure.

"If you won't tell us where you've taken her, I... I'll... make you!" Rainbow Dash yelled at another darken figure. Her wings were flapping to an extreme.

"I know ya will, and that's the truth right there if there were any!" Applejack stood on the ground next to where Dash was flying. She had dust on all but one of her hooves, from running all the way from Sweet Apple Acres.

"I agree with agree with Applejack." When her purple mane had fallen in lto her eyes, Rarity flipped it back as if she had been do so he whole life. Which she had.

"Yea, so you had better start talking Mr. Meany McMeany Pants! And no funny business, that's my thing!" Pinkie Pie said as she placed a fake mustache on her muzzle.

"Please Discord, we won't be as hard on you if you just tell us where you have taken Twilight right now." Fluttershy said, suddenly a blush hid more of her buttercream color face than her bangs did. The five ponies had surrounded Discord, who had been waiting for his hooded friend to return. Now nopony knew what to do, Discord just stood there with his lion paw and bird claw folded across his chest.

"Sorry Flutters, but we can't wait anymore! I'm going get him to tell me where Twi is if it's the last thing I'll ever do!" Just as as Rainbow Dash finished her announcement, the hooded figure dropped the book and yelled at the girls:

"No!" After realizing she had spoken out when she was supposed to be saying away from these ponies, the hooded figure ran as fast as her hooves would take her. But Rainbow was just a bit faster. Just before she got past the building the hooded pony grabbed the journal in her magic and placed it in her sattle bag.

"Stop! Who are you and what are you doing here?" After saying this Dash pushed herself at the runaway pony who fell to the ground with Dash. "Now lets find out who you are." The pony under her struggled to get free but when Dash pulled off the hood, the pony stopped. Dash could only look down at the pony in horror.

"Twilight?" Rainbow asked, unsure if this was a dream or not.

"I'm sorry." Twilight looked back at her friend in sadness, knowing this may be the last time they will ever see each other again. But she had to do this for them.

"Now Discord!" Twilight screamed and Discord snapped his fingers. Now in front of each pony, other than Rainbow Dash and Twilight, was a miniature him. Each held a small seed in his hand.

All at the same time each little Discord threw the seed on the ground, there was a large puff of smoke that came each one. By the time the dust had cleared Discord had vanished.

Before he vanished, Twilight, who still stuck under Rainbow, whispered to Dash. "Bye." With that she light up her horn and vanished with Discord into the night.

Each of the other five elements were stund to silence. Rainbow would not move, she would not even move her head from where her friend had just been. She couldn't believe that after weeks of not hearing a word, there Twilight was. And what had Rainbow done to try to get her to stay... nothing.

"Some loyal friend I am." She muttered to herself before joining the rest of the group. Everypony had the same blank, confused look in their eyes. Everypony, that is except for Pinkie.

"I told him no funny business... but that was hilarious!" She was rolling the dirt holding her hooves to her stomach.

The last thing that was said that night was by Applejack, "What in the hay just happened?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the Castle of the Two Pony Sisters.

Princess Luna flew through the air, slowing glancing over the covers on the book shelfs. "No it was midnight blue on one half and pink on the other." There was only one more shelf to go, it was farther into the room than anything else. Not many ponies came in here when the castle was being lived in the by the Princesses.

Then Luna spotted it, on the bottom shelf the very last book in the row. After placing her hooves on solid ground, she reached up and pulled on the book. It only came out a little way, but that was the point, a leaver was pulled when Luna pulled the book. A door on the wall next to Luna opened.

Walking into it she saw exactly what she had expected, not a thing in this room had changed.

There was still a painted on white circle in the center or the room, six midnight blue candles spaced evenly around the circle and a single book sat in the center. Luna flew to the book, careful not to touch the circle with her hooves.

As she lifted the book, Luna saw another picture drawn in to the hard stone. It was a drawing of her cutie mark, just the moon's outline. She reached with her right hoof while holding the book in her magic, but just before her hoof touched the picture she remembered where she was.

"This is where it all began..." Luna said her thoughts out loud. "This is where she began." She held the book the her chest, like a small child would hold a favorite toy. Then bolted out of the room, out of the castle, and out of the forest.

Luna thought about the drawing of her cutie mark, she had drawn it with the spell that brought Nightmare Moon into this world. it was meant to pull her back to reality if the spell had gone too far.

It obviously didn't work.

"Do not worry young Twilight. I will make sure that the spell will work this time." Luna whispered to her beautiful night. "I will reverse what will happen." She looked down at the book still in her hooves, then back straight ahead. "I promise."

Author's Note:

Hey sorry about how short this is but it is a prelude and I promise the real chapters will be longer. I will try posting on Mondays so you have something to look forward to.
If there is something you'd like me to add/change/write let me know in comments. Please everypony I want sometbing clear between us. I want feed back! Talk to me! Even you hate it and I should never wtire anything ever again, tell me.
I wont hate you, just tell what you think and why. Anything you give me will help me in writing.

Until next week
Keep Gazing My Friends.