• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 2,746 Views, 24 Comments

A Starry Nightmare - Princess Star Gazer



It has been four years since Twilight's rise to princess-hood, but now she is having nightmares that keep coming true. When one nightmare show someone close to Twilight getting hurt, can she find somepony in the night to help her?

  • ...
5
 24
 2,746

Chapter 1 How it All Began

Two Months before the team of Twilight, Luna, and Discord got the two books.

Twilight had just settled down for a good night sleep in the castle that resided in Ponyville. Even though there were plenty of rooms, Spoke still insisted that he should sleep in his basket at the foot of the bed. "You might need my help, so I want be close at hoof if you do." Twilight didn't mind. It's not that she was ungrateful for everything, but she liked a more simple life.

How can you have a simple life in a six story, two hundred and fifty roomed castle? But soon after the battle with Terek, the pair thought they would never get used to life here. Now; however, there was a simple way they used their new home. Each morning when they were both awake they would both help out cleaning. They had hired a few people to come in and clean a few time a month, but some places like the kitchen needed some more work.

After breakfast Twilight would go next door to the new Golden Oaks library. After Terek destroyed the library the ponies thought it would be best if they rebuilt it. Twilight couldn't be the librarian now with her royal duties. She could go over nearly everyday to see how everything was going.

Then Twilight would take care of her duties. She would see if anyone had come in to ask about something, then she over saw any state matters. There wasn't as much she needed to do like Celestia did so Twilight found herself in a similar time frame as before.

Now after rapping herself in a blanket, Twilight was sound asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight looked around at her new surroundings, she was in the Castle of the Two Pony Sisters. She stood infront of a book shelf she had never seen before. Without even thinking about it she put her hoof up to a pink and midnight blue book. A door opened and she walked into it without a thought.

In the room there was a white circle, six candles, and princess Luna laying in the center of it. Twilight tried to run to her, but when she stepped on the white paint, the candles flared like torches. As Twilight looked around she saw the pony in the circle with her rise to her hooves and take a step toward her.

It wasn't Luna, it was Nightmare Moon. Rage and anger radiated off of the other mare. "Look at me Twilight Sparkle. Look at what you have reduces me to, a speak in your mind." Nightmare raised a hoof to Twilight's chin. "Do not worry, soon it will only be you and..." Everything in the room started to disappear, Twilight screamed as she fell into the void. But through her screams she heard a single word ringing in her ears.

"Me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike jumped at the sound of somepony screaming, he ran to Twilight's side when he realized that it was her that was screaming. He tried as hard as he could to get her to walk up, he even tried to throw water on her. When she finally woke up, she was drenched in sweat and her throat was horse (No pun intended).

"You okay?" Spike asked. As he walked with Twilight to get a drink of water.

"No, I don't think so." She looked down at Spikes worried eyes and added, "But I will be." After returning to their room and Spike's breathing told twilight that he had fallen asleep, Twilight silently walked out on to the balcony. She spread her wings and flew to the only pony she knew would be able to help her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Canterlot castle, Princess Luna was in her spirit realm, making her rounds making sure everyone could explore and understand their our dreams. But upon hearing somepony enter her room, she woke herself up but didn't look as if she had done anything at all. Luna opened her eyes just enough to see the mare in front of her.

"Dearest Twilight, what are you doing here at such an hour of the night?" Luna saw the worried expression her friend held on her face. "You had a nightmare, did you not? I can help you if that is what you are here for." Luna waited for an explanation but was given silence. When looking down at the mare Luna had raised into princess hood, Twilight was the closes thing to a daughter Luna thought she would ever have. It have been a long time since Luna had seen her cry but now all she wanted to do was rap her under her wing and say that everything was going to be alright.

"Luna, no matter what I say please don't hate me for it. Please?" Twilight sounded like a filly when they had done something wrong and was confessing.

"When in my life have I ever hated you my little pony?" Luna regreated saying almost instently. The only time could have ever hated her was when...

"Nightmare Moon is coming back." Twilight would not meet Luna's eyes as she searched for the joke she wanted to be there so badly.

"Are you very certain? This is a very serious situation if it is true."

"I had a dream where she claimed that we would be the only ones left, only her and me." Luna made Twilight explain everything she could remember. After this was done, Luna and Twilight went to a very special part of the castle. In the day cotton candy rain clouds flew everywhere, but at night stars shot across the room at light speed. Discord was asleep on a floating bed. Luna flew up and shook his awake.

"Lulu I told you I DO NOT want to see the moon raise! Please after saving that dragon herd you'd think a guy could get some sleep." He threw a could pillow over his head, until he noticed Twilight. "Well what does the Princess of Magic at this," He pointed to a clock that floated by his hand. "Wonderful hour of Lulu's perfect night!" He bent down to look over a pair of glasses he poofed on to his nose.

Luna cleared her throat, Discord looked at her. She whispered something into his ear, and when she did he hung his head. He snapped his fingers and the group was no longer in Discord room, now they were in the first hallway of the castle of the Two Pony Sisters. Twilight, now being used to Discord flashing her around every time she was with him, recovered quickly.

"Discord, tell me everything you know about that spell." Luna looked as angry as she did on Nightmare night.

"What spell?" Twilight was confused why Discord was there.

"The spell I gave Luna that accidentally created Nightmare Moon." Discord looked at Luna to explain the rest.

"Before Discord's accident he gave me a spell that he wanted me to do some research on. Before I could tell him that the spell enhanced they users anger to a dangerously high rate, well this happened." Luna just generally gestured to Discord's whole self. Twilight gave her a confused look.

"Oh for ponies sake!" Discord floated down until he was eye level with Twilight. "I was once Star Swirl the Bearded. I used the unfinished spell you found in my journal. But because I had been pushing my friends away it didn't work the way it had for you, it turned me into THIS!" He gestured to himself. "This me, the reformed me is the Star Swirl having more control over my soul than the chaos." He looked sheepishly at the ground, "I was hoping someday you could help me go back to my old ways, as well a pony." Discord look back at Twilight but wouldn't catch her eye. he floated back to Luna who was standing a few feet away. "Let's get going." Discord reached his lion paw over and picked up Twilight.

The trio walked into the once grand ballroom, Discord proofed a large purple pillow in the center of the room. He flew over and gently sat Twilight on it. Looking confused as ever she looked to Luna for some help. "We need to see the nightmare for our selves to see how real the threat is. I know Nightmares cannot be killed, so if we can banish it before it takes over your anger we can save many lives." Luna just looked down at the younger mare. "All we need you to do for right now, is sleep."

"I can help with that, I was reading a book on household spells. I found one that can help you sleep." Discord placed his lion paw on one side of Twilight's face and his claw on the other. His hands started to feel warm and not soon after, Twilight was sound asleep.

"This could take many days to find the right dream, that is if we find the right dream." Luna looked dimly at her old mentor.

"I could send a note to her friends telling them what happened." His poofed a feather pen and a scroll into his hands.

"No, no pony can now about this. Not even Celestia. I don't want her to rush to conclusions." Luna looked away from the pillow.

But Discord had to be the Lord of Chaos and send one little note, nothing much. He wrote it down saying:

Dear Spike,

I need help I don't know where I am. All I remember is Discord talking to me after I had my nightmare. Please help me. -Twilight.

He used a spell that mimics Twilight's magic and sent it off without Luna noticing.

Luna was looking down at Twilight, running a hoof over Twilights mane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike got the letter the following morning, after reading it he grabbed all the rest of the main six at Sugar Cube Corner, where they met to have breakfast on Saturdays. Each read the note and desided that they would go to Celestia at once.

After they bought their tickets for the train they had to wait for it to came in, but no one wanted to say anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna had entered her spirit realm five hours before and now was extremely tired and hungry. So after letting Discord go home because she would send for his when she found the nightmare. Now she wanted nothing more than to fall asleep on her own pillow and not wake up until night fall. And so that is what she did.

Author's Note:

There it is guys, I know I said they'd be longer but this one just leads into the others. Sorry it's so late at night but I couldn't help it. So some questions have been answered and some have been added. All will be revealed soon.

Until next week
Keep gazing my friends!