• Published 28th Jan 2015
  • 3,478 Views, 124 Comments

The Great and Powerful Failure - Sarizon



With the mane 6 wanting to throw a party for the new castle, an unexpected guest returns to Ponyville, only she isn't as Great and Powerful as she used to be. She claims she has changed, but will the rest of the mane 6 forgive her like Twilight did?

  • ...
2
 124
 3,478

Chapter 1 - That Old Familiar Light Blue Fur...

It was a bright and sunny morning in Ponyville. The birds were chirping in the distance, and ponies were trotting to their respective work places. In the newly erect Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle, the mane 6 were having a discussion in the Chamber on the plans for the day.

"Okay girls, what should be the first order of business for the Kingdom?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie, with excitement, yelled,"WE SHOULD THROW A PARTY! After all, we should celebrate after defeating Tirek, and so should everypony in Ponyville!"

A Chuckling, Twilight said, "A party sounds fine, but shouldn't we get some kind of work done before we throw one?"

Rainbow Dash moaned at the thought of work, and said,"Aww man, work is so boring. Can't we just sit back and relax in our new 'thrones'?"

Twilight just rolled her eyes at what Ranbow Dash proposed. However, Rarity had something to say.

"You know, Twilight, it would be nice to have a celebration and relax after the hard fought battle we had with that dreadful Tirek. We all deserve a day off."

A Skeptical Twilight replied,"I-I don't know..."

"Aw shucks Twilight, you deserve the break. One day won't do any harm," said Applejack.

Twilight thought about it for a minute. She then said,"Well, it would be nice to relax and have a good time....Alright, as first order of the Kingdom, we shall have a party and anypony in Ponyville is welcomed."

Pinkie couldn't keep her excitement in."YAY!"Pinkie shouted. "I'll go grab some party sup-"

Before Pinkie could finish her sentence, A knock on the Kingdom's door was heard. All of the ponies were curious. Who would be knocking at this time of day? The mane 6 began walking toward the door to see who or what was on the other side.

When Twilight opened the kingdom door, what followed was a look of shock from all of the mane 6. On the other side of the door was a familiar light blue pony staring down at the ground, but her mane was messy and her fur was dirty. It was as if she hadn't taken a bath in weeks. As the pony looked up to the mane 6, Twilight knew it was her.

"Tr-Trixie?" she asked.

Trixie nodded her head and said, "H-Hi Twilight."

Twilight was obviously concerned."W-What happe-"

Before Twilight could finish her sentence,however, Rainbow Dash said," What's she doing here?"

Rarity agrred and said,"Yes, Why is 'The great and powerful Trixie' back in Ponyville? Come to showoff even more, or enslave us like last time?"

Twilight did not approve of the ponies' reaction. "G-girls now calm do-,"

Twilight was, once again, interrupted.

"Yeah! She didn't even give me my mouth back last time she left. It was miserable," said Pinkie.

Twilight was getting frustrated, then Applejack said," Not only that, but you embarrassed everypony here. You have some nerve showin' up here again!"

Twilight had enough of their backlash at the obviously worn down pony.

"Girls!" Shouted Twilight as all the mares turned and stared at her.

Trixie was first to say something after Twilight shut the other ponies up. "I-I'm sorry for barging in like this," she said, "but I heard that a new Kingdom was created in Ponyville and that you were all rulers of it. I just wanted to see it myself. It is very beautiful."

Shrugging off what Trixie just said, Rainbow Dash replied, "Yeah so what? You come to gloat how you're somehow better than us?"

Trixie shook her head, and replied,"N-no... I came back to Ponyville to apologize... to all of you this time.

The 5 ponies looked doubtful of Trixie's statement, but regardless, Trixie continued.

"I only got a chance to apologize to Twilight after the whole amulet incident before I ran away, to never return here and hurt another pony again. You see, I went back around all of Equestria in hopes that with the new name, 'The Great and Apologetic Trixie,' that I could win back some of my audience. Unfortunately, like the first time, news got around how I became an evil equine and enslaved all of Ponyville, so nopony wanted anything to do with me. As you can imagine, I wasn't getting any bits from my shows, so I had to sell my carriage for anything I could get out of it. At first, I was fine. I was able to stay in a few inn's here and there, but eventually the bits ran out, and I was left to sit in the cold air and rain, hoping to find a place I could call home. I managed to find myself back here in Ponyville not too long ago, and thought I would at least come and find you all and apologize for what I did. And Rarity, I don't go by that name anymore... I'm just Trixie now."

Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy all looked surprised at Trixie's story, however, Trixie's story wasn't finished.

"Now that I'm here, Rainbow Dash, I'm sorry that I made you and Fluttershy hoist my banners all over Ponyville. You're the coolest pony out there, and Fluttershy, you are so caring to others . Rarity, I'm sorry for making your hair green and wearing awful dresses. You are easily the most fashionable pony in all of Equestria. Pinkie, I'm sorry I took your mouth away. You are always so cheerful and bright, something I certainly was not. Applejack, I'm sorry about forcing you to stomp apples for me. They were the most delicious apples I had ever tasted... Twilight, I know I already apologized to you, but I'm sorry again for being jealous and trying to prove I was better than you, when I know I'm not. I just wish I could have the things that make you all so great, then maybe I wouldn't feel like I had to make myself better than any of you. I can only hope that you all can forgive me for what I did, and if you don't, I understand."

Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie and Fluttershy, felt saddened and concerned for the poor pony, but Rainbow Dash and Applejack weren't so keen on feeling bad for.

Applejack put her hoof down, and said,"Why should we believe you Trixie? You've been nothing but bad to us."

Rainbow Dash was quick to agree. "Yeah! why does this time make it any different than the last two times you were here?"

Trixie didn't respond to them. Instead, she used her magic to lift her dirty cape and wizard hat off of her body and plopped them on the ground in front of the mane 6, which made them confused.

"I don't expect you to believe me," said Trixie,"Which is why after today, I'm never showing my face here in Ponyville again, or anywhere for that matter...I'm just the great and powerful failure now."

Obviously concerned for Trixie now, Twilight asked,"Will you be okay?"

Trixie gave a slight nod. "I'll be fine," she said,"But as it seems, magic is not what I'm meant to do. I guess I'll have to find something else I'm good at...."

"But, where will you go? Where will you stay?" asked Twilight.

Trixie replied,"I'm not sure,but somewhere far from here, where nopony will have to see me again. I'm sorry if I interrupted anything you were all doing...Have a good day..."

And with that last sentence, Trixie turned around and began to walk down the Castle stairs with her head down, leaving her ragged wizard hat and cape still laying in front of the mane 6.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. Just to let everyone know, this story has been completed, however, I'm formatting it to FimFiction standards for all of you to enjoy. I will try to release a chapter or two a day, so stick around, and I hope you enjoy the story! (\