• Published 28th Jan 2015
  • 3,478 Views, 124 Comments

The Great and Powerful Failure - Sarizon



With the mane 6 wanting to throw a party for the new castle, an unexpected guest returns to Ponyville, only she isn't as Great and Powerful as she used to be. She claims she has changed, but will the rest of the mane 6 forgive her like Twilight did?

  • ...
2
 124
 3,478

Chapter 5 - The Generous Seamstress

Trixie ran as fast as she could. Taking a glimpse at the town clock, it was almost noon, and Trixie just hoped she wouldn't miss Rarity because of lunch time. Luckily, Trixie made it to Rarity's. She read the sign on the door, "The Carousel Boutique." "A bit of an odd name for a fashion store," thought Trixie. Regardless, she opened the door, and entered.

Trixie looked around the store. It was filled with very vibrant colors everywhere with an obvious carnival theme, hence the name of the store. Trixie noticed the rack of dresses to her left. She was fascinated with how the dresses looked. Their different designs, along with the accessories and color choices, Trixie could only imagine ever owning a dress like these, much less designing one.

Rarity heard the door bell ring, and was soon out from behind a curtain where she worked.

Rarity asked, "Hello? Who is it?...Ah yes, Trixie! Welcome to my home and workplace."

Trixie nodded and said, "Hello, Rarity. Your home is quite fascinating, and my, what an exquisite amount of dresses you have created."

"Why thank you, darling. They are magnificent aren't they?" said a proud Rarity.

"They are indeed. So, I guess I'm here to try and make one myself?" asked Trixie.

Rarity replied, "Well of course you are. Here, follow me to the back.

Trixie nodded, and followed Rarity to the back of the store. When she entered behind the curtain, Trixie noticed all the different fabrics, and accessories Rarity had laying around, just ready to be used to create a wonderful dress for any special event. Like the Grand Galloping Gala. Trixie did always want to go to it... Maybe she can if she can successfully make a dress. Then again, she couldn't afford the dress afterwards even if she wanted to.

Rarity slid a stool next to the one in front of her Sewing Machine. Rarity brought over a box full of different thread colors, and told Trixie to have a seat next to her.

"Okay Trixie, making a dress for the first time can be quite stressful. It does take a lot of time and patience to make a dress, well, that is if you want it to be the finest quality. I of course have mastered the technique, but even I will still get frustrated when it comes to making these dresses the best they can be."

"I can only imagine," replied Trixie.

"Well imagine nor more, darling, because you're about to make one! Now, I wasn't sure what to choose for your dress, so I decided to pick colors that matched the colors of your wizard hat and cape. I hope you are fine with that."

Trixie remembered that she left her hat and cape on the castle steps, and didn't see any sign of them when she walked into the castle. Curious, she asked Rarity about it.

"Speaking of my hat and cape... Did you happen to see if anyone too-"

Before she finished her sentence, Rarity presented a present to Trixie. Trixie was shocked at the sight of the present.

"F-For me?" She asked.

Rarity nodded and said, "Of course, Trixie. Take this as a token of my appreciation for you coming and apologizing to me. I am a generous pony after all."

Trixie thanked Rarity and wanted to open it, but the gift wrap and ribbon were so beautiful, she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Rarity, it's so lovely, but do you think I could open it later? The wrapping paper and ribbon are so beautiful. I wouldn't want to tear it up right away," said Trixie.

Rarity chuckled and replied,"Of course you can, Trixie. It's almost noon, so you can open it when we leave for lunch."

"Lunch?" asked Trixie, "Oh, but I don't have any bits for a meal."

"Atata, say no more. I have a lunch already made for you," said Rarity as she presented Trixie with a lunch basket.

Trixie felt so flattered, and cared for. It's something she hadn't felt in a long time.

"Thank you, Rarity," Trixie said with a big smile, "It means a lot that you would do this for me, even though I just returned today."

"Absolutely deary, now let's get you started on your dress."

Trixie nodded as they both began working with the supplies.

Curious, Rarity asked, "Have you ever made a dress before, Trixie?"

Trixie replied, "Well, I've always wanted to. Unfortunately, my family wasn't the richest, so I had to make due with what I had. My mother..."

Trixie took a deep breath before continuing.

"...My mother made my hat and cape that I used to wear. So I always wore that and sort of pretended that it was a dress. Obviously it wasn't, and the other Fillies would make fun of me, but I never let it get to me, because I knew my mother made it because she cared for me..."

Rarity noticed that Trixie looked kind of down after saying that and put her hoof on Trixie's right shoulder.

"It's alright Trixie. You needn't say more. I'm sure that she did make it with love and care in every stitch."

Trixie nodded and Rarity began showing her the basics of making a dress. To Trixie's surprise, making a dress didn't seem as difficult as she thought it would be. In fact, she rather seemed to be enjoying herself with Rarity. Rarity was by Trixie's side the whole time, and with every step, Trixie grew more interested in finishing the dress. An hour passed by, and Rarity looked at the clock on her wall.

"Oh dear, it seems that it's already noon. Let's take a break shall we?" Suggested Rarity.

Trixie, like a little Filly, responded, "Aww, but it was just getting fun, and I'm only halfway finished with the dress."

Rarity laughed, and said, "Don't worry darling, we'll still have plenty of time after lunch. I'm sure you're starving after being out in the cold and rain for so long. I know you will enjoy what I have for you."

Trixie responded, "Well, I am hungry.. Okay Rarity."

"Splendid," said a gleeful Rarity.

Rarity grabbed the Lunch basket, and began walking towards the front door, followed by Trixie.

"Oh. don't forget your present, Trixie," Rarity said.

Trixie couldn't believe she had forgotten the present, and quickly ran back to grab it. She could only imagine what was in the box as both ponies walked out the front door.

Author's Note:

There ya go Everyone. Three chapters in one night! I'm tired so I'll have to make this my last Chapter for today, but I promise I will try to finish Chapter 6 tomorrow and release it. Thanks to everyone for reading my story and enjoying it! Feel free to follow me and favorite my story and you will instantly know when the next chapter will be out! I'm always welcoming of your suggest/critique's and questions, so feel free to post them! See you in chapter 6! (\