• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 798 Views, 30 Comments

The Third Sister - Honeypelt945



Celestia and Luna`s sister is coming back for revenge!

  • ...
9
 30
 798

The Final Showdown

Starlight was starting to doubt her plan, when she saw the castle. It was a giant thing positioned on top of a hill with a natural waterfall running down the side of it. Several towers branched off from the main building, causing it to resemble a white oversized tree.

The entrance was guarded by 20-40 changelings with more look-outs on towers, so Starlight had to quickly drop behind a building before they spotted her.

Now, what do I do? She thought as she skidded to a stop on the ground. Starlight tucked her wings behind her, and peeped around the corner.

She obviously couldn`t go through the main entrance, or risk being killed, and jeopardizing the whole mission. Starlight withdrew behind the building, and silently racked her brain. There had to be some other way into the castle! There had to be!

She peeped around the corner, and studied the tall windows. “Hmmm……” she murmured. Aha! Suddenly, an idea popped up in her head. Starlight could almost see the light bulb hovering above her horn.

She used her magic to cast a camouflage spell on herself she had learned from her aunt. The camouflage spell would help her blend into any surface she came across.

Starlight quietly rose up into the air, in case the changelings noticed the sound of flapping coming from nowhere. She flew over the entrance (and the changelings) and circled the perimeter of the castle looking for a way in. She did this for several minutes.

Her eyes spotted a window directly in front of her, and because she was wasting time, her wings were tired, and the spell was about to wear off, she chose that one. Starlight crashed through the window, wincing at the clatter it made, and the sharp blades of grass scratching across her coat.

She snickered as she brushed the glass of her coat; it must have looked pretty wild watching the window just break like that!

Starlight looked up, and noticed she was in the throne room. It was big and spacious, and had a long black carpet running up the middle of it. The carpet led to a throne, and pools spilled from either side of it. Banners hung on the walls, columns stood to the side, and glass carvings shone on the wall. Everything (except for the glass carvings; they were quite beautiful) was either a dreary type of black, red, or gray. Even though Starlight hadn`t been here before, she was pretty sure it wasn`t supposed to look like this.

She was ashamed of this, but for one second, Starlight thought of turning and flying back through the window. Shaking herself, she looked around the room; the only thing missing was Nadine. Starlight whipped around as she heard a quiet chuckle.

As if the thought had called her, Nadine appeared from the shadows; she was a white medium-sized alicorn, with dark golden spots spread out on her left back leg, in a star shape on her forehead, and on her right wing. Her mane was dark indigo and mauve, and Starlight noticed it seemed to float and ripple through the air like suspended waves.

Piercing blue eyes glared at her, but the most disturbing thing about Nadine was her cutiemark: it was a six-pointed star set on fire the same color blue her eyes were. Beauty and ferocity seemed to battle for control in this pony`s appearance.

She looked in surprise at Starlight. “Hello, my little….alicorn,” Nadine hissed softly. “Who might you be?”

“My name`s S-starlight,” Starlight managed to choke out.

“Hmmm, I`ve never heard of a fifth princess….”

Starlight awkwardly unfolded her wings. “I`m umm, not a princess….”

Nadine advanced a few steps. “Interesting. And for what reason have you foolishly come here?”

Anger welled up in Starlight. “To defeat you!”

The opposing alicorn`s laugh echoed throughout the throne room. It was a beautiful little laugh that reminded Starlight of church bells ringing. The only thing wrong with it was the poorly disguised sneer embedded in it.

“You really are a stupid little thing!” Nadine sneered, starting to slowly circle Starlight. “Just because you`re an alicorn does not make you invincible.”

How dare her! Starlight growled, “Well, underestimating your opponent is a sure sign of stupidity!”

Nadine seemed truly taken aback with this. “Such large words, for such a small pony.” She said, and stopped pacing to stand in front of Starlight. “What makes you think you can defeat me?”

Starlight had not thought about that. “Umm…..”

Nadine yawned. “I`m bored; it`s time to die!” She sent a red beam from her horn, right at Starlight.

Starlight barely had time to think before the beam shot at her. She narrowly missed it as she jumped out of the way. “Wow, wow, wow!” Starlight said, turning towards Nadine. “You`re trying to kill me already?!”

“Yes, I can`t waste my precious time on the likes of you.” She half-heartedly sent another beam at Starlight that went right over her head, as she made her way to her throne.

Starlight watched Nadine carefully, desperately trying to think of a plan in her mind. She quickly moved to the side before another beam could get her, and suddenly felt searing pain on her leg. Starlight turned her head to see a long red gash there. She cried out in alarm.

Nadine quietly chuckled. “Don`t be such a foal,” she said her horn glowing with a red aura. “There are far worse things I can do to you….”

Starlight closed her eyes, blocking out the condescending voice of Nadine. Okay, okay, I`ve got to think rationally about this. She thought. What drove Nadine to be so cruel? Had something happened to her? If possible, what?

Starlight bit her lip so hard it broke the skin. Hmmm, I wonder if the changelings were nice to Nadine……What if something happened to her at the changelings' hive? If she was scarred, couldn`t she had done her actions out of hate? If that was true, didn`t that mean-

“Ahhh!” Starlight collapsed to the ground, screaming in agony. She hadn`t seen the beam coming at her until it was too late.

It felt like tiny flames were seeping through her coat, and into her very bones. She had never experienced any pain like this before, and she hoped she never would have to go through it once more.

“Why don`t you just give up?” Nadine`s voice seemed very far away. “There`s no way you can win.”

Starlight fluttered her eyes, struggling to stay conscious. She painfully heaved herself up on her legs. “Because…..” Starlight gritted her teeth against the pain, a mint-colored aura surrounding her horn. Her eyes flew open. “Because I know your weakness!”

For a moment, Starlight thought she saw fear flash in Nadine`s eyes, but it was quickly replaced with scorn. “You ignorant little fool! I do not have a weakness-“

“IT`S LOVE!” Starlight screamed, a burst of mint magic shooting from her horn. It lifted Nadine into the air, and surrounded her in a large pink bubble. Nadine screamed, and shouted curses, as the spell worked it`s magic on her.

Starlight concentrated on the spell, pouring every ounce of love she could into her magic.

Nadine let out a blood-curdling shriek as the bubble completely hid her from view, and a mixture of mint and pink light bathed the room.

“Oof!” Starlight suddenly felt herself flying backward. She crashed into the far wall, and fell limp to the floor. The last thing she remembered before drifting off into unconsciousness, was hearing a familiar voice ask, “Where am I?”

Author's Note:

How did you like the ending? Tell me what you think! :pinkiehappy:

Bye!

~Jewel