• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 798 Views, 30 Comments

The Third Sister - Honeypelt945



Celestia and Luna`s sister is coming back for revenge!

  • ...
9
 30
 798

Two Arrivals

Celestia sat back on her throne with a contented sigh. She had just finished day-court, and all was well. Maybe I can take a quick nap before the delegates from Saddle Arabia get here……. She thought, getting more comfortable on her throne.

Suddenly, a guard came barreling through the door. “Princess! Princess!” He was heavily limping, and had a scratch on his forehead. So much for my nap….

Celestia sat bolt right up, her gazed fixed intently on the distraught guard. “Yes?” she asked.

“Changelings! They`ve invaded half of Canterlot already and are heading for the castle!”

“How are the guards fending them off?” she asked, trying to keep the alarm out of her voice.

“As best as they can, but there are too many!”

Celestia motioned for the other guards that lined the room to go, and they galloped away, eager for another chance to protect Canterlot. “I`ll deal with Queen Chrysalis myself!” she growled, standing up.

“Princess, that`s the thing…..err….. the attack wasn`t led by Queen Chrysalis.”

Celestia raised her eyebrows curiously. “Who is it?”

“Oh, sister you couldn`t have forgotten me so quickly?” a strange voice drifted from the hallway.

Celestia stopped dead in her tracks. Surely it couldn`t…….?

A white alicorn stepped through the doors. She had dark golden spots on one of her wings, her back left leg, and a star-shaped one on her forehead. Her mane was a dark mauve and indigo, and her eyes were icy blue. Half of her left ear was missing, and her cutie mark was a six-pointed star set on fire the same color her eyes were. If you could look past the waves of hostility she was giving off, she was quite beautiful.

“N-Nadine,” Celestia breathed, not sure if she was hallucinating or not.

The guard scrambled awkwardly out of the way, cowering by the far wall. Nadine glanced at him with disgust, but focused her attention on Celestia once more. “Miss me?” she hissed.

Celestia ignored the question. “How did you escape? We surrounded The Badlands with an inescapable wall!”

“Please! As soon as I got back to full strength, the walls were no match for me!” Nadine scoffed.

“What do you want?” Celestia demanded, still on her guard.

Nadine passed by her sister and sat on her throne. “Equestria,” she answered.

“You`ll never get a throne!” Celestia yelled.

“I have your castle surrounded, and Canterlot is under attack. Are you sure you don`t want to just give me my throne?” Nadine reasoned.

“Over my dead body!” Celestia`s voice was serious.

Nadine shrugged. “Suit yourself!”

She shot a sparking red blast at Celestia. Her sister didn`t have enough time to dodge it, and fell to the ground, stunned.

“Bye, bye, sister!”

Celestia fell unconsciousness to the sound of Nadine laughing triumphantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starlight Jewel and Sorea stepped off the train carrying their luggage. Well, at least Sorea was. “Tell me again why I`m the only one carrying the luggage!” the maroon unicorn huffed, setting down the bags with her magic. She had pretty light purple eyes, and her cutiemark was a pair of pink ballet slippers.

The younger sister was either ignoring Sorea, or she had just not heard her. Starlight breathed in the country air, relishing the feel of the wind in her mane. She was a dark pink alicorn, (that`s right, alicorn) with mint patches both on her wings, chest, horn, snout, and front right hoof. Starlight`s mane was curly dark and light pink, and her eyes were golden-brown. Her cutiemark was a swirl of pink, gold, and purple stars, with one big pink star in the middle, centered inside a royal-looking heart-shaped jewel.

It was a fairly humid spring day. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, pegasi were flying lazily in the air, trees waved in the afternoon breeze, and foals ran around laughing and playing.

“Ponyville…..” she whispered in awe.

The station was crowded with ponies trying to get on and off the train, and others hugging their loved ones. Many stopped to stare at Starlight, or even bow at her feet, but many stood in whispering clusters, shooting wary glances at her now and then. Starlight ignored them, as she had always done; after all, she had grown up being the center of attention. Now, she just went with the flow, and didn`t care what anypony thought about her.

“Come on Sorea, let us explore!” Starlight exclaimed dramatically, and jumped off the platform, racing into Town Square. Sorea sighed, but couldn`t help but smile as she followed her hyper sister, (luggage in tow) into the heart of Ponyville.

Starlight looked around in wonder at the vendors, and shops like she had never seen any before. She stopped in front of a particularly interesting-looking cart that sold jewelry. Her eyes lit up when she spotted a pearl necklace.

She was just about to ask how much it was, when Sorea came up behind her, and started pushing her in the opposite direction. “Nope! You already have WAAAAYYYYY too much jewelry!”

Her sister pouted, and was about to protest when she glimpsed a rainbow blur in the corner of her eye. Starlight swung her head around just in time to see Rainbow Dash herself skid to a stop in front of a flower cart. “No way!” she said, and ran towards the famous pegasus with Sorea close behind.

“Are you Rainbow dash?!” Starlight squealed, not even trying to hide her excitement.

“The one and only!” Rainbow answered, puffing out her chest proudly. Sorea rolled her eyes.

“I`m Starlight, and your awesome, and I`ve always wanted to meet you, and this is my sister-she swung her foreleg over Sorea`s neck-and you’re the element of loyalty-“

Rainbow did a double take. “Wait, you`re an alicorn?!”

“I am indeed!” Starlight took her foreleg from around her sister`s neck, and tried to keep a stoic expression. Sorea put down the luggage and laughed at Starlight`s pitiful attempt. Starlight punched her in the arm.

Rainbow Dash was still just standing there with her chin, (literally) to the ground. “I-I`ve gotta tell Twilight! TWILIGHT!!!” she began to fly rapidly in the other direction, stooped mid-flight, and came back. “Come with me!” she ordered, and began to fly away again. Starlight picked up half of the luggage with her magic, and began to happily trot after Rainbow. “Hey, what about the hotel?” Sorea called after her. “We still have to check in!”

“We can do it later; I want to meet the bearers of The Elements of Harmony. Don`t you?” Starlight answered, without looking back.

Sorea shrugged, picked up the rest of the luggage, and followed her. Meeting the bearers of The Elements of Harmony beat checking into a hotel any day.