• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 799 Views, 30 Comments

The Third Sister - Honeypelt945



Celestia and Luna`s sister is coming back for revenge!

  • ...
9
 30
 799

Heading To Canterlot

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”

Starlight Jewel zipped up her saddlebag, after she had checked for the hundredth time that all the required necessities were there. She and her sister were packing their bags in one of castle`s spare rooms, getting ready to head out with The Mane Six.

Starlight turned around to face her sister. “What are you so worried about?” She asked, frowning.

They had all decided that they were going to travel to Canterlot by train, and then figure out what to do next when they got there.

“”Not a very reliable plan!’’” Sorea had grumbled, when they had come to their conclusion. Twilight hadn`t liked it either, but none of them knew how to deal with Nadine.

“Hmmm…let me see….” Sorea began sarcastically. “We could die, rot in the Royal Dungeon, become Nadine`s personal slaves, and did I mention die?”

Starlight rolled her eyes. “You don`t have to come ya know!”

Sorea looked shocked. “The last thing I`d do is leave my only sister when she`s about to try to go save Equestria!”

Starlight walked over and gave her a warm hug with her arms and wings. “I love you,” she whispered.

“I love you too,” Sorea said, wiggling uncomfortably in her sister`s embrace. She had never been the touchy-feely type.

“Well, it`s time we were going,” Starlight sighed, breaking the hug. “Have you got everything?”

Sorea lifted her saddlebag onto her back with her magic. “Of course I do!”

Starlight laughed, put on her saddlebag, and headed out into the hallway. The spare room was in the same hallway as the double doors that led outside, so they didn`t have far to walk to get outside.

She burst out of the castle, rearing up on her hind legs with excitement. Starlight was just about to gallop down the short flight of steps, when she someone that made her heart leap.

A pegasus stallion was walking by the castle. He had a dark gray coat, amber eyes, and a blue-silver mane. He looked up and caught her staring at him.

Starlight blushed, and looked away. What was that?

Not thinking, she unfurled her wings, ran down the stairs to gain momentum, and shot off into the sky. She felt the gray stallion`s eyes on her the whole time.

Starlight forgot about everything (including her sister) as she flew through the sky. She relished the feeling of the wind in her mane, and closed her eyes for a second.

I should probably get to the train station…. She thought lazily. But then again, I could just stay up here….

Sighing, she opened her eyes, and folded her wings. As she plummeted to the ground she saw the train station up ahead. Oh, how convenient.

The train station got bigger and bigger as Starlight free-fell carelessly. At the last moment, she opened her wings, and skidded to a stop beside Fluttershy. The yellow Pegasus leaped in fright, and hid behind Rarity.

“What took you so long?” Twilight asked irritably. She wanted to be on time.

Starlight shrugged. “I got distracted,” she answered honestly.

Sorea gave her a suspicious look, but didn`t say anything.

The train rolled up, and ponies started to get on and off. Starlight bounced unto the train alongside Pinkie Pie, giggling.

She found an open seat in the back next to a window and sat there. Starlight looked out the window, smiling blissfully.

She just couldn`t get her mind off that darn stallion! There was just something about him that made her want to get to know him better.

“Starlight, darling, could you please explain how you are an alicorn and not a princess,” Rarity interrupted her thoughts.

Starlight sighed dramatically. “That it is a very long and complicated story…..”

“It is not!” Sorea protested.

“Ah`m sure we`d all like ta here it,” Applejack said, and everyone except Sorea nodded their heads.

“Well, if you insist,” Starlight began, getting more comfortable in her seat. “As some of you know, all alicorns aren`t born royalty. Many ponies think only royal ponies can be alicorns, but that is not the case. There are probably lots of alicorns out there right now, laying low and not drawing attention to themselves.

“Anyway, I was born and raised in Fillydelphia. I have three other siblings including Sorea, and two dogs. None of my other relatives ever saw me as that different. They……..they just told that I had lots and lots of potential. My friends never treated me any different, and some ponies were even afraid of me!” She laughed. “Also-”

“Ah! What`s that?!” Fluttershy cried, pointing at her saddlebag.

A tiny black nose was poking out of her bag, sniffing busily.

Starlight laughed again, and lifted something carefully out of her bag. Her friends gasped.

A delicate fox hung in Starlight`s hooves. She was a pretty reddish-gold with four snow-white paws, snout, chest spot, and ear tips. The fox looked around curiously, gazing at each of them with light amber eyes.

“This is Suki!” Starlight said, happily. “Isn`t she adorable?”

“Wow! A real live fox!” Fluttershy exclaimed, racing forward to stand beside Suki. “Why I`ve only seen them at the edge of the woods, and even then, I only see a little bit of them. She`s so pretty!”

Suki gave a small little bark, and licked her on the nose. Fluttershy smiled goofily, stroked her gently behind the ears, and went back to her seat.

Starlight set Suki down on her lap, and she rolled into a small fluffy ball. They both yawned simultaneously, making Pinkie laugh.

Suki made that cat-like purr only she could do, and the pink alicorn`s eyes drooped. Soon, she was fast asleep.