• Published 23rd Jan 2015
  • 1,215 Views, 3 Comments

Discord Wars Episode I: A Hidden Threat - Violet Runner



A prequel to Order 66 and sonicdash123's Equestria Wars. Two Crystal Knights are sent to resolve a blockade of airships blocking trade to a small kingdom.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,215

Chapter 19

The Neighboo airship headed toward the lush green island. Only one Federation battleship was currently passing by their path.

"Ony one battleship?" The captain said a little confused

"It's a droid control ship. the rest must be patrolling somewhere else." Clover stated.

"They've probably spotted us." Strong Sword said as they flew over it.

"We haven't much time." Star Swirl said as the airship started to move faster.


The Neighboo airship landed in the forest a short distance from Hart City and everyone stepped out of the ship for some fresh air. Wa-waush-ka'-ehe ran off as Clover approached Star Swirl.

"Wa-waush-ka'-ehe is on his way to the Hart city, Master." Clover said standing beside her master.

"Good." Star Swirl said, his thoughts elsewhere.

"Do you think the King's idea will work?" The young Unicorn mare asked.

"The Harts will not easily be swayed." The elder Unicorn said looking in the direction of the city. "And we cannot use our power to help him." He said cutting clover when she opened her mouth.

"I'm... I'm sorry for my behavior earlier, Master." Clover said after a moment "It is not my place to disagree with you about the Sombra... and I am grateful you think I am ready to take the trials."

"You've been a good apprentice, Clover." Star Swirl said sighing. "And at times you're much wiser than I am. I foresee you will become a great Crystal Knight."


Wa-waush-ka'-ehe walked up the stars that lead to Hart City and over to Strong Sword, Star Swirl, and Clover.

"Their nobody there. The entire city is deserted." Wa-waush-ka'-ehe said worriedly. "Looks like some kind of fight, I think."

"Do you think they have been taken to camps?" Clover asked.

"I don't think so." The deer said shaking his head.

"Do you know where they are?" Star Swirl asked.

"Well, when in trouble, Harts go to sacred place." Wa-waush-ka'-ehe explained. "C'mon, I'll show you."


King Emissarius, his advisers, Sombra, Strong Sword, Star Swirl, Clover and the rest of the Crystal Knights followed Wa-waush-ka'-ehe as he made his way through the forest.

"Halt!" A stag said coming out from behind a tree casing the group to stop. "Wa-waush-ka'-ehe, why have you brought these ponies here?" the stag asked.

"I am King Emissarius of Neighboo." Emissarius said stepping forward. "I seek an audience with your leader."

"Hmm." The Stag pondered for a moment. "Alight." He said before leading them to a clearing full of Harts.

At the far end of the clearing were the ruins of a grand temple with large pillars. The deer elder and his council walked out of the temple.

"You Honor, King Emissarius of the Neighboo." The Stag guard said anunsing the groups arrival.

"A-Aanii, Ogimaa, You Honor." Wa-waush-ka'-ehe greeted nervusly.

"Wa-waush-ka'-ehe, why are you with these ponies?" The elder deer asked as the King stepped forwared.

"I am King Emissarius of the Neighboo.... I come before you in peace." The king said introducing himself.

"Ah, Neighboo Chiahyaog." Ogimaa said a little angrily. "You're the reason the mechanical beings attacked our home. You are nothing but bad news."

Captain Strong Sword and the half dozen guards as well as Sombra and the Crystal Knights look around nervously, as the stag guards lowered their long spears.

"We have searched you out because we wish to form an alliance-" Emissarius began before being interrupted when Puledro walked in front of him.

"Your Honor." Puledro stated getting Ogimaa attention.

"Who are you?" The deer elder said annoyed.

"I am King Emissarius." The young adviser stated, stunning everyone but Stong Sword and the Crystal Knights bar Clover.

"This is my decoy... my protection... my loyal bodyguard. I am sorry for my deception, but it was necessary to protect myself." Puledro explained gesturing to the false king. "Although we do not always agree, Your Honor, our two great societies have always lived in peace. The Griffin Trade Federation has destroyed all that we have worked so hard to build. If we do not act quickly, all will be lost forever... I ask you to help us... No!" He said dropping down to his front knees. "I beg you to help us. We are your humble servants..." the King said to everyponys suprise. "Our fate is in your hooves."

Slowly, Captain Strong Sword and his troops bow down before the Hart council. Then the kings Advisers, Sombra, and finally the Crystal Knights also dropped to their front knees.

"HA!" Ogimaa laughed. "Hahahahahahahaha. You don't think you're greater than us Harts?!" Ogimaa asked happily. "I like is! Maybe we can be friends." The elder deer said causing Puledro and the others start to smile and laugh at the situation.


The griffin Viceroy walked down one of the long hallways of the Neighboo palace beside the cloaked Siren, Aria Blaze and a light blue earthpony with a two toned blue main put into a ponytail and a cutie mark of a music note in front of a heart.

"We have sent out patrols. We've already located their airship in the forest... It won't be long." The Viceroy said reporting on the situation.

"This is an unexpected move for him." The cloaked Siren said thinking. "It's too aggressive. Aria, Sonata we should be mindful abd let them make the first move."

"I agree." Sonata Dusk agreed.


A stag sat on top of a hill, searching the landscape with a crystal telescope.

"They're coming!" The stag yelled to Sombra who was at the foot of the hill after seeing something coming to wards them.

"All right." Sombra cheered as he ran over to where Puledro and the Crystal Knights, were discussing a battle plan with five of the Hart Warriors. "They're here!" Sombra said when they were in ear shot.

"Good, they made it." Puledro said as the patrols they sent out to free some of the prison camps returned, their crystal transports pulling up to the group.

"You did great Wa-waush-ka'-ehe. Bringing us and the Neighboo together." Ogimaa said putting his foreleg around him.

"Oh, no, no, no." Wa-waush-ka'-ehe said humbly.

"So." Elder deer continued. "I've decided to make you our Combat General."

"General??!" The younger deer asked as he just stood there stunned as Ogimaa laughed and walked over to where Strong Sword was talking with the others.

"So what is the situation?" The king asked.

"Almost everypony's in camps, but a few hundred of the police and guards have formed an underground resistance movement. I brought back as many of the leaders as I could." The royal guard captain reported pointing to the locations of the camps a map of the kingdom that was set up on a table. "The Federations army' also much larger than we thought, and much stronger. Your Highness, this is a battle I do not think we can win unless the help the senate is sending arrives soon."

"The battle is a diversion." Puledro Emissarius explained. "The Harts must draw the Crystal Droid Army away from the cities." he said before putting a map of the capital city on the table. "We can then enter the capital using secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, Captain Strong Sword will create a diversion. Then we can enter the palace and capture the Viceroy. Without the Viceroy, they will be lost and confused." The red earthpony finished. "What do you think, Master Knight?" He asked looking at Star Swirl.

"It's a good plan but the Viceroy will be well guarded." The elder Unicorn said thinking.

"The difficult part will be getting into the throne room. But once we're inside, we shouldn't have a problem." Strong Sword assured.

"There is a possibility, with this diversion many, Harts will be killed." Clover said looking over at the Deer.

"We are ready to do our part." Ogimaa said proudly.

"We do have a plan which should immobilize the Droid Army." Puledro said going back to the map of the kingdom. "We will send what fighters can to knock out the Droid control ship patrolling the island."

"A well-conceived plan. However, there's great risk." Starswirl said finished with his thought. "If the ship's shielded, the weapons on your fighters may not be able to penetrate it."

"And there's an even bigger danger." Clover picked up. "If the Viceroy escapes, Your Highness, he will return with another droid army."

"Well that is why we must not fail to get to the Viceroy. Everything depends on it." The king said putting the maps away as everyone prepared for the assault.

Author's Note:

Ogimaa means Leader in Ojibwe
Chiahyaog means Elder in Ojibwe