• Published 23rd Jan 2015
  • 1,215 Views, 3 Comments

Discord Wars Episode I: A Hidden Threat - Violet Runner



A prequel to Order 66 and sonicdash123's Equestria Wars. Two Crystal Knights are sent to resolve a blockade of airships blocking trade to a small kingdom.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,215

Chapter 8

A ramp extended down from the airship as Star Swirl and Wa-waush-ka'-ehe exited it and started their trek across the desert toward the trading post.

"This sun is doing murder to my fur." The dear said already complaining about the heat.

"Wait!" Strong Sword yelled running to them, Puledro running beside him as Star Swirl stopped so they could catch up. "Wait. His Highness commands you to take his adviser with you." The dark brown earth pony said when he finally caught up with them.

"No more commands from His Highness today, Captain. This trading outpost is not going to be pleasant..." Star Swirl said looking at the young adviser.

"The King wishes it. He's curious about the country." Strong Sword said with a sigh, rewording what he just said.

"This is not a good idea but ok. Stay close to me." He said agreeing to take Puledro with them.


The little group walked down the main street of the outpost, passing dangerous looking citizens of all types.

"Moisture farmers for the most part. Some indigenous tribes and scavengers." Star Swirl said looking around at the different types of beings. "The few trade outposts like this one are havens for those who do not wish to be found."

"like us." Puledro said sighing as they continued on their way until they came to a little plaza surrounded by several junk dealers.

"We'll try one of the smaller dealers." The Unicorn said as they head for a little junk shop that has a huge pile of broken airships stacked up behind it.

"Good day to you." A black griffin with and Italian ascent said happily, flying over to them as they entered the dingy junk shop. " My name's Gerardo. What do you need?"

"I need parts for a E-type 467 Neighbian." Star Swirl said as Puledro and Wa-waush-ka'-ehe wondered around the shop.

"Ah yes, ah yes. Neighbian. We've got lots of that." Gerardo said before his demeanour changed. "Boy, get in here! Now!" He angrily yelled outback.

"Here's a list of what I need." The unicorn said levitating a roll of paper out from his saddle bag.

Suddenly a dishevelled unicorn colt with a dark gray coat and black mane, ran in from the junk yard.

"What took you so long?" The griffin asked the colt angrily.

"I was cleaning the bin like you-" The colt began.

"Watch the store. I've got some selling to do here." He interrupted before turning his attention back to Star Swirl and changing his demeanour back to happy. "Soooo, let me take you outback. We'll you'll find what you need." He said leading the unicorn out to the junk yard, leaving Wa-waush-ka'-ehe with Puledro and the young colt.

Wa-waush-ka'-ehe picked up a gizmo, trying to figure out its purpose, not used to being around technology but Star Swirl took it out of his hooves and put it back.

"Please, don't touch anything." Crystal Knight said, knowing they might not be able to afford it if it broke.

Wa-waush-ka'-ehe just shrugged him off before continuing to look around the shop. The young colt sat behind the counter on a stool, pretending to clean a part, staring at Puledro.

"Are you a Ponylorian?" The Colt asked.

"What?" Puledro asked looking at him.

"A Ponylorian. I've heard the airship pilots talk about them. They are one of the most disciplined warriors in Equestria. They live in the badlands west of the griffin kingdom I think."

"You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?" The earth pony asked.

"I listen to all the traders and pilots that come by here. I'm a pilot, you know, and some day I'm gonna get away from this place." The unicorn colt explained.

"You're a pilot?" Puledro said a bit sarcastically.

"Uh-huh. All my life."

"How long have you been here?" He asked.

"Since I was very little. My Mom and I were sold to Sultana Madyan, but she lost us, betting on the chariot races." The colt explained.

"You're a slave?!" Puledro asked, astonished that their was still slavery in parts of Equestria.

"I am a pony! And my name is Sombra." He said defensively.

"I'm sorry. I don't fully understand. This is a strange place to me." The red earth pony explained.

"It's ok." Sombra said knowing he didn't mean anything by it.


Meanwhile, Gerardo flew along as he and Star Swirl walked through the junk yard.

"A large crystal power generator!!" Gerardo exclaimed when Star Swirl told him the next thing on the list. "You're in luck, I'm the only one around here who has one... but you might as well buy a new ship. It would be cheaper, I think... speaking of which, how are you going to pay for all this?"

"I have 20,000 Imperial Credits." Star Swirl said looking over the list.

"Credits?!?" The griffin exclaimed, his happy demeanour wavering. Imperial Credits are no good out here. I need something more real."

"I don't have anything else." The Unicorn said igniting his horn. "But credits will do fine."

"No they won't." Gerardo said unfazed.

"Credits WILL do fine." Star Swirl said putting more power into his spell.

"No, they won't. What you think you're some kinda Crystal Knight, using your horn like that? I'm a Griffin. Mind spells don't work on me, only Bits." the griffin explained. "No Bits, no parts! No deal! And nopony else around here has a large crystal power generator, I can promise you that."


Back in the shop Sombra and Puledro were still talking.

"Wouldn't have lasted this long if I weren't so good at crystal magic." Sombra said referring to his cutie mark of a red crystal with three points as Star Swirl walked back in.

"We're leaving." Star Swirl said flatly as he passed them. "Wa-waush-ka'-ehe?" He said grabbing the deer's attention as he was occupied with looking at a strange bipedal crystal droid.

"It was nice meeting you Sombra." Puledro said before turning leaving with the others.

"It was nice meeting you too." he said as the group left.

"Outlanders!" Gerardo exclaimed watching them leave. "They think they know everything."

"They seemed nice to me." Sombra said shrugging.

"Clean the racks... then you can go home." The griffin said deciding to close early.

"Yippee!" The black colt exclaimed, running out the back.