• Published 23rd Jan 2015
  • 1,212 Views, 3 Comments

Discord Wars Episode I: A Hidden Threat - Violet Runner



A prequel to Order 66 and sonicdash123's Equestria Wars. Two Crystal Knights are sent to resolve a blockade of airships blocking trade to a small kingdom.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,212

Chapter 17

Sombra stood before the Council with a form crystal in front of him. Iron Steal held a note pad. On each page there was a different image.

"Ok Sombra for this test we want you to shape the crystal into that of what is drawn on the page." Strong Shield said.

"Sure." Sombra said as he was shown the first image, a cup. He fired up his horn and the crystal began to take on the form of a ship before shifting into that of a cup exactly as it was drawn. Iron Steal then flipped the page to revile that the next image was the ship that Sombra had stated to make be for the cup. The Minotaur put the note pad down and noded toward Star Swirl who smiled.

"Hmm... how feel you?" Rex asked.

"Cold, sir." The young colt said turning to face the Diamond Dog.

"Afraid are you?" The dog asked.

"No, sir." Sombra lied.

"See through you, we can."

"Be mindful of your feelings." Draco warned.

"Your thoughts dwell on your mother." Zoda stated.

"I miss her." Sombra admited.

"Afraid to lose her... I think, hmm?" Rex asked

"What's that got to do with anything?" The young unicorn asked a bit angrily.

"Everything!" Zoda exclaimed. "Fear is the path to Chaos. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." She explained. "I sense much fear in you."


King Emissarius stood, staring out the window of his quorters, with Wa-waush-ka'-ehe. The lights of the city shimmer before them.

"You thinking your people are going to die?" Wa-waush-ka'-ehe asked seeing the sad look on his face.

"I don't know." The king said saddly.

"Harts get hurt too, eh." The Deer said sadly.

"I hope not." The red earth pony said as he continued to stare out the window.

"Harts not dieing without a fight. We're warriors. We've got a grand army. That's why you guys don't like us so much, I think." Wa-waush-ka'-ehe explained.

Emissarius was about to say something when Princess Amidala and Captain Strong Sword rush into the room.

"Your Highness! Your Highness, Ambassador Adagio has disappeared." Captain Strong Sword exclaimed.

"What?!" King Emissarius asked.

"We've searched high and low but there's no sign of him." Amidala explained.

"That's not all. Though the senet agreed that help must be sent, few are willing to send troups to help deal with the federations army." Strong Sword said saddly.

"I was confident your "situation" would create a strong sympathy for your people. Lucky the Crystal Knights have agreed to send some of their best knights. My guards have the Trade Federation representatives in custody while the situation is sorted out." The Alicorn explained. "I think it safe if you stay here and allow the the troops that have volunteered to help to drive out the Federation do their job."

"Amidala, this is your kingdom, I feel I must return to mine." King Emissarius said sighing. "I've decided to go back to Neighboo."

"Go back!! But, Emissarius, be realistic! They'll force you to sign the treaty." Amidala said astonished.

"I will sign no treaty. My fate will be no different from that of my people." The red earth pony explained before turning to his royal guard. "Captain!"

"Your Highness?" Strong Sword said standing at attention.

"Ready my ship!" With that the king left the room followed by his guard and Wa-waush-ka'-ehe.


Sombra, Clover, and Star Swirl stood before the other members of The Council.

"His magic is strong as is the harmony with in him." Strong Shield said.

"He's to be trained, then?" Star Swirl asked as the Council members looked to one another.

"No." Draco said after a moment. "He will not be trained."

"No?" Star Swirl asked puzzled as Sombra looked at Draco, crestfallen.

"He is too old." Firefly explained.

"He is the chosen one... you must see it." Star Swirl said looking around the room.

"Clouded, this boy's future is." Zoda stated.

"I will train him, then. I take Sombra as my apprentice." Star Swirl said putting his hoof around Sombra as he looked up at him and Clover was surprised by the action.

"An apprentice, you have, Star Swirl." Rex stated. "Impossible, to take on a second."

"The code forbids it." Jibril reminded him.

"Clover is ready-" The elder Unicorn started.

"I am ready to face the trials." Clover said speak for herself, knowing what her master was going to say.

"The council as a whole will decide who is ready." Iron Steal stated.

"Clover is headstrong and has much to learn of the flow of Harmony, but she is capable." Star Swirl vouched for her. "There is little more she can learn from me."

"Young Sombra's fate will be decided later." Hilda said dismissing the issue.

"The Senate has voted to send aid to Neighboo and the Princesses have asked us to assist in the arrest of the Griffin Viceroy." Draco explained. "King Emissarius is returning home, which will put pressure on the Federation, and could widen the confrontation."

"And draw out the King's attacker." Firefly added.

"We have decided that you, Clover, Rex, Hilda, Iron Steal and Slithodyas will go with the King to Neighboo to discover the identity of the dark warrior. That is the clue we need to unravel this mystery of chaos." Strong Shield explained. "May Harmony guide you."