• Published 23rd Jan 2015
  • 1,214 Views, 3 Comments

Discord Wars Episode I: A Hidden Threat - Violet Runner



A prequel to Order 66 and sonicdash123's Equestria Wars. Two Crystal Knights are sent to resolve a blockade of airships blocking trade to a small kingdom.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,214

Chapter 6

The group hurried down the back allies lead by the two Knights. They were about to exit the ally and cross the street to the main hanger when they spotted four griffin droids pointing their crystal weapons at a Deer who was huddled in the middle of the street.

"Master." Clover said worriedly.

"I know, Clover." Star Swirl said looking out at the street. "Captain, take the king across to the hanger. We'll deal with the droids." He said turning to Strong Sword.

"Right." The dark brown earth pony said as they exited the ally way.

"Please don't kill me!" The Deer said as the droids prepared to shoot him.

"Excuse." The elder unicorn said tapping the shoulder of one of the droids.

"Huh?" The griffin shaped droid said tuning around before being cut in half by Star Swirls Crystal Sabre.

"Uh oh." On of the other droids said as they began firing at the two unicorns before quickly being cut down.

"Are you alright? Clover asked well Star Swirl looked around to make sure there weren't any more droids.

"Ya thanks. I'm Wa waush ka' ehe by the way." The Deer said standing up.

"Nice to meet you I'm Clover." She said introducing herself.

"I guess he'll have to come with us." Star Swirl said sighing. "Now come on we have to get the King to safety."

The two Knights and the deer quickly made their way over to the main hanger where the others where waiting.

"There are too many of them." Captain Strong Sword said cracking open a side door to the hanger and seeing several aircraft guarded by about fifty battle droids.

"That won't be a problem." The older Unicorn said look into the hanger before turning to Emissarius. "Your Highness, under the circumstances, I suggest you come to the Crystal Empire with us."

"Thank you, Ambassador, but my place is here with my people." King Emissarius said turning down the offer.

"They'll kill you if you stay." Star Swirl warred.

"They wouldn't dare!" the Kings Eldest Adviser exclaimed in shock.

"They need him to sign a treaty to make this invasion of theirs legal. They can't afford to kill him." Strong Sword explained.

"There's something else behind all this, your Highness. There is no logic in the Federation's move here. My feelings tell me they will destroy you." Star Swirl elaborated.

"Our only hope is for the Senate to side with us... Ambassador Adagio will need your help. I'll say here in your stead." The elder adviser stated, seeing Star Swirls point.

"Either choice presents great danger... to us all." Emissarius said looking at his young adviser, an equally red earth pony, and his royal guard.

"We are brave, Your Highness." The young adviser said.

"If you are to leave, Your Highness, it must be now." Clover said, while Star Swirl made sure they hadn't been heard.

"Then, I will plead our case to the Senate." The king said turning to his adviser. "Be careful."

"And you." He said as he left and the others walked into the hanger.

"We need to free those pilots." Strong Sword said, pointing to a group of earth ponies who were surrounded by griffin droids, as the group walked towards an airship.

"I'll deal with that." Clover stated as she began walking over to them.

"Halt." A battle droid standing guard over the airship commanded.

"I'm an Ambassador for the Princesses of Equestria, and I'm taking these people to the Crystal Empire." Star Swirl stated.

"Where are you taking them?" The droid said, asking for clarification.

"To the Crystal Empire." He stated again.

"Crystal Empire!? Ahh, that doesn't compute. ...Ahh, wait!" The driod said remembering one of his orders. "Ahh, you're under arrest!"

The droid guards drew there weapons, but before any of them could fire, they were cut down by Star Swirls Crystal Sabre.

"Go!" Clover yelled at the pilots as she took out the droids guarding them as more droids ran over to stop her and Star Swirl.

The freed pilots as well as the other passengers quickly ran aboard the airship as Clover and Star Swirl covered them. Once everyone was on-board, the two unicorns ran in as it began to take off.


The airship took off and began making its way towards the sea and the Federation blockade.

“There's the blockade.” The Pilot said as the two Crystal Knights and Captain Strong Sword entered the cockpit.

“The shield Crystal's been hit!” The ships engineer said over a communication tube as the ship shook.

The large Federation airships continued to fire at the smaller airship as it got closer to them and freedom.

“The shields are gone!” The engineer reported as the airship shook again.

Just when all hope of escape was lost the Neighbooian airship broke away from blockade and raced away to freedom.

“There's not enough power to get us to the Empire... the fuel line is leaking.” The engineer reported.

“We'll have to land somewhere to refuel and repair the ship.” Star Swirl said as Clover brought out a few charts and maps.

“Here, Master. Saddle Arabia... It's small and out of the way.” Clover said pointing to a small desert country on a map that had a bunch of trading posts marked on it. “The Griffin Trade Federation has no presence there.” She said noting that unlike other nearby trading posts it didn’t have their symbol next to it.

“How can you be sure?” Strong Sword asked.

“It's controlled by the Sultans.” The elder unicorn said recognizing the symbol next to it.

“You can't take His Royal Highness there!” The dark brown earth pony exclaimed. “The Sultans are gangsters. If they discovered him...”

“...It would be no different than if we landed in a kingdom within the Federation...” Star Swirl said interrupting him. “Except the Sultans aren't looking for him, which gives us an advantage.”

Author's Note:

In honor of Star Wars Day I am giving you guys a new chapter.

Ok I've brought back Jar Jar BUT only because he does play a moderate role. In the movie he tells Amidala about the army his people have and gets the senate to give Palpatine emergency power which lead to him becoming emperor.

Wa waush ka' ehe means Deer in Ojibwe.

May the 4th be with you.