• Published 23rd Jan 2015
  • 1,214 Views, 3 Comments

Discord Wars Episode I: A Hidden Threat - Violet Runner



A prequel to Order 66 and sonicdash123's Equestria Wars. Two Crystal Knights are sent to resolve a blockade of airships blocking trade to a small kingdom.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,214

Chapter 16

Sombra walked through the halls of the crystal palace looking for something to do.

"Oof!" Sombra said, bumping into something as he rounded a corner.

"Oh Excuse me." Amidala said before looking down at the young colt. "You’re the colt that came in with King Emissarius aren’t you?"

"Um...Y-yes your highness." He said nervously, making her giggle.

"What are you doing wondering the halls?" The young alicorn asked crouching down to his level.

"I got bored waiting for Star Swirl to return and was looking for something to do." Sombra explained.


"I see..." Amidala said thinking for a second. "Follow me." She said getting up.

He didn't know what it was but something about her made him feel warm and safe as he followed her down the hall. They continued down the hall stopping in front of a wooden door. Smiling she opened the door to reveal a bunch of spare parts for different crystal devices.

"My cousin mentioned that you like to tinker with crystal powered devices." The cyan alicorn explained. "I thought you might like to have some of the newest parts."

"I would love some." The colt said happily.

"Glade I could be of some help. I'll have them brought to your room." Amidala said giggling at the colt’s excitement. “Should you need more just ask one of the guards. Now if you excuse me I have to get ready." She said never losing her smile as the colt picked up one of the devices and began walking to his room.


The Senate chambers were huge. Hundreds of ambassadors, representatives and their aides sat in a circular assembly area. Princess Celestia, Luna and Amidala sat in an elevated area in the center. Ambassador Adagio, King Emissarius, his advisers, Star Swirl and Clover sat in the Neighboo congressional box, which doubled as a floating platform.

"The Crown now recognizes the Ambassador from the Kingdom of Neighboo." Celestia said using her royal cantorlot voice to project her voice as the Neighboo congressional box floated into the center of the room.

"Princesses of Equestria, delegates of the Senate. A tragedy has occurred which started with the taxation of trade routes, and has now engulfed our entire Kingdom in the oppression of the Griffin Trade Federation." Adagio opened as a second box rushed into the center of the Senate filled with Federation trade representatives.

"This is outrageous!" The Trade representative said angrily. "I object to the Ambassador's statements!"

"The Crown has yet to recognize the representatives from the Trade Federation at this time." Princess Luna stated.

"To state our allegations, I present to you King Emissarius, recently crowed ruler of Neighboo, who speaks on our behalf." Adagio said sitting down as King Emissarius stood up to addresses the assembly.

"Honorable representatives of the Kingdoms of Equestria, I come to you under the gravest of circumstances. My Kingdom of Neighboo has been invaded by the crystal droid armies of the Griffin Trade Fed-." King Emissarius began before being interupted.

"I object! There is no proof!" The representative of the Trade representative stated.

"Actually there is." The red earth pony stated trying to remain level headed. "A lot actually. This is a security recording from the outside of our airship of the Federation attempting to kill us as we attempted to escape the invasion." He said as the recording projected a hologram that filled half the room. "And here is a private massage from one of my advisers being held in a prison camp!" Emissarius said as the security footage was replaced with the message they received while in Saddle Arabia.

"Chaos is running ramped and the death toll is catastrophic...we must bow to their wishes... you must contact me..."

"Also there are tons of witnesses." The Neighboo king continued. "Two of which are Crystal Knights."

"We can assure you what the king says is true." Star Swirl said as he and Clover stood next to the king and the gathered senate all called for something to be done.

"Order! Order!" Luna shouted to the crowd to quite them.

"The Point is conceded." Amidala said when the crowd had quieted down. "Reinforcements shall be sent immediately. In the meantime the Griffin Trade Federation shall be put under investigation."

The Senate cheered as they all agreed. The representatives from the Griffin Trade Federation were taken into custody and the king smiled at the Senates decision. Meanwhile a dark look came over Ambassador Adagio as she frowned.


Star Swirl and Clover walked through the halls of the Crystal Palace on their way to Sombra's room.

"The boy will not pass the Council's tests, Master. He's too old." Clover said sighing.

"Sombra will become a knight... I promise you." Star Swirl stated

"Do not go against the rest of the Council, Master... not again." The unicorn mare pleaded.

"I shall do what I must, Clover." He said as they turned a corner.

"If you would just follow the code that YOU helped to write the others would be less hesitant around you." She explained. "They will not go along with you this time."

"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice." Star Swirl said as they reached Sombra's room.

"Hello?" Sombra called from the other side as Star Swirl knocked.

"Sombra, it's Star Swirl." The Elder Unicorn said. "It's time to head to temple to see the council."

"Alright!" The colt said opening the door to follow the two Crystal Knights out of the palace.

Author's Note:

I would like to dedicate this chapter and some of the ones after it to the good people over at How It Should Have Ended.