• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 3,412 Views, 58 Comments

Finding a Friend That Forgives - GrizzlytheMedic



Trixie isn't exactly the best pony in the world. Having been exposed as a liar and a cheat on more than one occasion, she has decided to live the rest of her life in lonely agony. Nopony would ever want to get to know her.

  • ...
13
 58
 3,412

Ying

Trixie remembers the day she met Alan vividly. The way he treated her so kindly even when nopony or no person would do the same for her. After that first night, Trixie spent the rainy day getting to know Alan. He had come from a place called Vermont where the climate was very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. When the portal opened up, he had decided to fill out the tedious amounts of paperwork to be able to live in Equestria. He had bought a house and now worked as a musician with a mare named Octavia Philharmonic. He offered to show her his musical skill on an instrument he called the saxophone, but she told him to save it for later that night.

“So I assume you’ve been stuck in that trailer for about a year or so?” Alan asked her.

Trixie had dreaded the question. She didn’t want Alan to think she was some sort of beggar.

“I don’t know.” Trixie blurted out.

“Of course you know, you just aren’t telling me.” Alan read the mare like a book.

“Around a year and a half,” She finally mumbled.

“Well I have a proposition. Why don’t you and I fix up that trailer of yours, along with your reputation.” Alan said, almost as if he knew it was going to be an easy task.

“My-my reputation?!” Trixie stammered, “Everypony hates me!”

“Have you even tried to make a difference with that yet?” Alan asked, his tone not shifting in the slightest.

“No. Not at all” Trixie now saw where Alan was going with this.

“So, would you like to give it a whirl?” He asked.

“Will you be right beside me?” Trixie asked out loud.

She immediately brought her hooves to her mouth and gasped.

“Why not? I mean I’ll teach you all I’ve learned about repairing relations with people and ponies, but you’ll have to the dirty work by yourself. I’ll be with you if you want me to.” Alan said, pausing to read the situation and coming to a realization that Trixie had meant it in a much more intimate way.

“So, you met me less that twenty four hours ago and you already want to get to know me a little bit more huh?” He grilled her.

“I mean, I, um, erm...” Trixie was tongue tied.

“I’ll take that as a yes. I’m fine with it. Why don’t you and I go out for dinner tonight after we pick up some stuff to repair that trailer of yours.” He stated.

Trixie was astounded by the way Alan could read her.

“How did you pick up that much from me in so short a time?” Trixie asked, getting up.

“You ponies have very obvious body language, even more so than humans.” Alan chuckled.

“Oh, I see.” Trixie blushed. She couldn’t even remember the last time somepony made her blush.

“I’ll be back in an hour with the supplies. Be ready to work!” He said, walking out the door.

Alan was gone for around an hour, yet to Trixie, it felt like an eternity. When he walked in the door, he had nothing in his hands and he was soaked to the skin.

“Where are the supplies?” Trixie asked.

“In the shed out back. Too nasty out right now to get any work done.” He said, putting his coat on the nearby radiator.

“Do you mind if I take my shirt off?” Alan asked the mare.

Trixie wanted to scream yes and pounce on him, but she decided to take what she could. After all, she had never seen a human shirtless.

“Sure”

He peeled the wet fabric off his body, revealing a beefy torso. He was no muscular hunk, but he had a faint trace of a six pack. Trixie was staring for a good 5 seconds as Alan walked into the kitchen, put a kettle on the stove, and turned around again.

Trixie quickly snapped herself back to reality before he made eye contact.

“Take a picture, it will last longer.” He chuckled.

“Busted huh?” She jested.

“You really need to learn to not make it so obvious when you stare.” Alan laughed in a deep voice.

“Tea?” He asked her

“Please.” Trixie insisted.

“I’ll put the water on, I’m going to shower, make sure you take it off the burner when it starts to whistle.” Alan said, walking towards the bathroom, leaving the door slightly ajar as he turned on the shower.

Trixie was about to explode inside. She could not stay here and wait while he...

It was then Trixie had her first of many revilations. She was in his house, eating his food, sitting by his fire. She had to remember that she was indeed at the mercy of the human in that bathroom. Speaking of which, she decided to sneak a peek into the bathroom. She had always had a secret desire for humans since they first came to Equestria. Trixie leaned her head slightly into the bathroom, to her dismay, it was a curtained shower, so she saw nothing.

The door suddenly squeaked and Trixie froze.

Alan’s head popped out from behind the curtain, his face covered in shaving cream.

He looked at the blue mare and glared at her.

“Trying to sneak a peek?” He looked at her with his eyes burning into the back of her head..

“Uh, I, maybe.” Trixie stammered.

“Leave for the moment. We can talk later about this when I’m done.” Alan pointed out the door.

Trixie obliged and sat by the fire, tears coming to her eyes once more.

She had blown the first chance she had at a friend in less than 2 days.

She heard the water stop and within a few minutes, Alan was dressed in the same flannel pants and shirt that he was in the night before. His damp brown hair combed up in the front but down in the back. He was barefoot as he fed the fire a few logs before taking the large sofa and pulling it close to the fire. He sat down and patted the cushion next to him for Trixie to sit on.

“Are you kicking me out?” Trixie asked, hopping up on the cushion and sitting on her flanks.

Alan chuckled.

“Of course not. I just need to tell you to respect my privacy. I’ll do the same for you as long as you are here.” Alan gave a smile that radiated with warmth.

Trixie teared up again as she scooted closer to the human until she was pressed right up against him.

She was just getting comfortable when the kettle started to whistle.

Alan got up and walked into the kitchen to Trixie’s dismay. When he returned, it was with two mugs of steaming tea.

“I hope peppermint is ok. I ran out of chammomile.” Alan smiled.

“I like peppermint too. It’s ok.” She told the human.

She grasped the mug in her magic, thanking him and taking a sip. It tasted amazing and filled her with a pleasant warmth, yet her body was shivering again for no reason.

Alan sat down in the same spot as before and the two sat and drank their tea in silence. Trixie did the same thing she had done less than ten minutes earlier, scooting over until she was pressed right up against Alan’s side. His body heat immediatley stopped her shivers and made her feel warm and cozy both inside and out.

Alan finished his tea and set the mug down on the floor by his feet.

Then, he did something Trixie never expected, he took his arm and wrapped it around Trixie’s shoulders, bringing his hand to rest on her torso right below her left shoulder.

She took this as a cue to get even more cozy, nestling her head on his chest.

“Trixie,” Alan spoke, finally breaking the silence.

“Is it uncomfortable?” She blurted out.

Alan smiled down at her.

“No it’s just fine. I just need to tell you something.” Alan said.

“Yes?”

“If you wanted to cuddle, you should’ve just asked.” He said in his deep husky voice.

Tears fell onto the flannel shirt as Trixie once again nuzzled her head into Alan’s chest as he pulled her in close and she closed her eyes.
She was going to be alright as long as this human was here with her.

Author's Note:

Wow I cannot believe the support this has gotten! I love you guys so much and tank you for each and every thumbs up! :rainbowdetermined2: