• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 3,412 Views, 58 Comments

Finding a Friend That Forgives - GrizzlytheMedic



Trixie isn't exactly the best pony in the world. Having been exposed as a liar and a cheat on more than one occasion, she has decided to live the rest of her life in lonely agony. Nopony would ever want to get to know her.

  • ...
13
 58
 3,412

Stormy Beginnings

Trixie sighed as she sat in her wooden shack outside Manehatten. She had underestimated the speed that news travels. Her terrible deeds had been told to people across Equestria and she was now left with no work and only her mobile shack to reside in. It wasn’t meant to be on the road for very long periods of time, however, because of her recent escapades, she had no money to pay for a new trailer or even repairs. The wood was rotting and creaked with every step she took inside. To her dismay, a rumble of thunder made her groan aloud in frustration. She was in for a cold and wet night out here.
Lighting lit up the windows of the trailer, illuminating the rivulets of water streaming down from the ceiling. Trixie shivered in the corner on her bed, the cold drafts nipping at her fur every second.

Trixie couldn’t help it as tears streamed down her face.

“Why does nopony know how to forgive Trixie? Oh, buck it, I shouldn’t keep up the third-person shit if nopony will listen to me!” She sobbed quietly.

There was a knock at her door. Trixie stood bolt upright and walked over to the door.

“Hello? Is anypony there? State your intentions!” She shouted loudly so that whoever was out the door could hear her.

“Uh, my name is Alan and I couldn’t help but notice your trailer sitting out here. It’s leaking pretty badly from what I can hear in there and I was wondering if you wanted to get out of there and crash someplace warm” A husky male voice said from outside the door.

Trixie opened the door to an astounding sight. It was a human male. She had seen and heard of them before, but not this close up. He was a good foot taller than her petite 5’ 3” figure and was damp from the rain. An umbrella was held above his head as he looked at the pony below.

“Trixie, ahem, I do not need any help from you. I am very independent.” She scoffed, trying to turn him away.

“Excuse me but you are shivering and wet. You’ll get hypothermia within the hour. Come with me. It’s only for the night.” The human named Alan insisted.

“Why should I trust you?” Trixie asked.

“Simple, you’ll suffer in this death trap. Come on, I have an extra bed and everything.” Alan assisted.

Trixie gave in.

“Very well. Where are we going?” She asked the human.

“My place. It’s just up the road.” He pointed down the paved street to a small blue house.

She started walking under the umbrella of the human, her body now shivering at a horrifying rate. Alan noticed this and sped up his pace. When the two finally arrived at the house, Alan opened the door and Trixie felt an amazing warmth spread across her body.

“Sit down, by the fire. I’ll be right back.” He ordered her.

She complied as she was not one to refuse such a thing in her current state. Alan returned several minutes later with a towel, blanket and a steaming mug of tea.

Trixie was amazed at the human’s hospitality and kindness. Why was he doing this all for her?

Alan began drying her off as she sipped at the tea. It was chamomile, her favorite.

“Excuse me, Mr.-um- Alan?” Trixie spoke up.

“Yes?” Alan said stopping his process.

“Why do want to help me like this?” Trixie asked the human.

He chuckled.

“Because you’re Trixie Lulamoon! The magician, I remember my friend Pinkie Pie attended one of your shows. I hear that you were a lie and a cheat, but that doesn’t mean you should be suffering from hypothermia or living in that rotten shack.” He said with all honesty.

“You-you mean?” Trixie started to ask.

“Yes, I don’t give a flying buck about opinions. I am not one to judge someone just by their past actions. For example, you seem to be totally nice and kind to me, at the moment.” Alan smiled.

“Thank you.” She said.

“You can use my bed tonight. I can crash on the couch.” Alan said when he had finished drying the blue mare.

“Actually, would you mind sharing?” Trixie asked.

Alan cocked an eyebrow.

“It’s just, I’m hated across the land. I don’t feel safe anymore. That’s why my trailer is magically protected. Also, I’m afraid...” Trixie trailed off.

“I’m sorry. What did you say last there?” Alan asked.

“I’m afraid I might get cold again.” She muttered.

Alan looked at the pony with a mixture of smugness and pity.

“Fine, I suppose. Just don’t get any ideas.” He jested.

Alan sat down by the fireplace with Trixie and wrapped her in the blanket. She didn’t know why, maybe it was the cold, maybe it was his kindness, but she curled up next to the human, using his right leg as a pillow.

Alan was also overcome by the moment as he gently began scratching behind Trixie’s ears. The soft fur feeling like heavenly velvet underneath his fingertips. She sighed happily and watched the fire crackle and spark in the brick indent.

Trixie must have dozed off because when she opened her eyes next, she found herself in a queen sized bed, alone. She looked around and found the human, Alan, walking into the room, this time donning a long-sleeved flannel shirt and pants.

“Oh, you passed out about a half hour ago so I just took you up here.” He said, matter of factly.

“It’s ok.” Trixie shivered again, cold once again rushing up her spine.

“Cold again?” Alan asked.

“Y-yes. Now will you get under this bucking blanket!” She said through clenched teeth.

Alan held his hands up in an “I surrender” manner as he eased himself under the covers.

Trixie immediately felt her body warm up with the new heat source beside her.

“Alan?” She whispered in the darkness.

“Yes Ms. Lulamoon?” He replied.

“Just call me Trixie first of all.” She giggled.

“Alright, what is it Trixie?” He rephrased.

“Thank you for being so kind and generous with me. Nopony or human has ever shown such things towards me.” She said to the human, letting her feelings run rampant as the tears came once again.

“I live by a motto; Every ying had its yang.” Alan said.

“What does that mean?” Trixie asked him.

“It means every bad side has a good side to it as well. I’ve seen you can be kind and thoughtful, now you should show everypony else what the real Trixie Lulamoon looks like.” He said, lifting her chin up and giving her ear a scratch.

“Thank you Alan.” Trixie whispered as she drifted off to a peaceful slumber, knowing full well that she was safe here.

Author's Note:

This sat unfinished for 2 weeks and I finally had some time to kill so I finished it. :derpytongue2:
Should I make another chapter?
Leave feedback in the comments below.