• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 2,945 Views, 107 Comments

Follow the Wind - FrostTheWolf



It's all fun and games until you begin to turn into your own character and it happens to be a wolf. Would someone care to fill me on on how this is happening? Part of the OTverse by MidnightChaos

  • ...
9
 107
 2,945

6- Welcome to the City

Follow the Wind- Welcome to the City


The Moment we took off from Denny’s after saying our goodbyes, I felt really tired. Like crashed from drinking a few cups of coffee tired. I was thankful for Tao to be taking the wheel this time because with the way I was, I was in no real shape to drive. Shay cuddled with my newfound ears as I tried to lean backwards. After laying back for a while, I soon was able to drift into my dreams.

Waking up, I found myself in my dreams once again. This time, a wide open field was the location of this dream. Like the ones that was not far from Ponyville. Soon, I laid eyes on Rufus. But this time, he looked beaten and bruised.

“Holy Sh*t!! Are you okay, Rufus?”

“W-what the hell did I tell you? I told you to run.”

“Run from wha-?”

My question was soon answered when a oversized monster just showed up out of nowhere. It looked like a ghost, but also demonic due to the dark purple aura that glowed around itself. It tried to strike us, until Rufus pushed us out of the way and got ourselves a considerable distance away from it before telling me what the hell I was seeing.

“That. It’s a Wraith.”

“And you can’t kill it?”

“Not without a weapon……” I saw the wolf simply grin as he looked at me menacingly. Oh, don’t tell me he’s thinking about what I think he’s going to do.

“Time for me to train you. Use your powers and Latros to kill it.”

“You expect me to fight!?! I don’t even know how the hell to use my powers or this weapon!!!!” I hollered at him, dodging another close call as the Wraith’s attacks were more persistent.

“What did I tell you before?” The Wolf instructed me like he was Tenzin on Avatar: Legend of Korra. “Aura is like a blank canvas and you're the brush.” Things now began to click. I now remembered the instructions Rufus had said before. Him telling me that Aura focused on what I thought of inside my mind and that the same concept worked with Latros. My markings began to lit up as I let my power flow through me and gripped the tool tightly as it took the form of a Katana in my right hand. In my left, I aimed my hand at the Wraith and felt myself fire a beam of light as it struck the Wraith in the Eyes. It’s scream coughed up a backlash that almost had me lose my footing as it nearly tore me apart with it’s claws. I knew that right now, I was far from safe at this rate… And that all I did was just piss him off.

Clenching Latros with my teeth now, I clapped my hands together like I was Edward Elric and channeled my energy to below my feet as I caused the ground from beneath the Wraith to explode. This though, wasn’t an effort to annihilate the Wraith. But more of an effort for me to catch him where they least expected it.

Especially since the moment that I got as close as possible, I put all my power into Latros to slice it’s head off.

When I landed on the ground again. I fell to my knees due to how exhausted I was. But, as if life had given me enough curveballs already, Rufus began shouting at me.

“What the hell are you waiting for!?! A wraith isn’t truly dead until you destroy it’s core, you idiot!!!!”

I looked back and saw the core on the ground, simmering with shadow energy as it tried to return to life. Oh yeah, that’s right. Having Latros take form into a compound bow, I used my Aura to shoot an arrow at the ball of darkness as it blew up.

“Now, you truly killed it.”

“Seriously?! You really had to have me face off against that for the first lesson? What the hell was that for?” I asked him.

“The game has changed.” The Wolf tells me as he sat down across from me. “Tell me, have you heard of the Avatars?”

I shook my head as I took in another deep breath. “Are they suppose to be gods or something like that?”

“Almost, but they’re different. Ever heard of Discord?”

“Who hasn’t?” I shrugged.

“Well, there’s more than one of him. Avatars are different beings that have supreme control over a certain power or trait. These include the Traits of the Seven deadly sins and elements that you would find in nature. However, not all of them can be reformed like he was and a lot of them have gotten on the bad side of the Princesses. By Luna, it was the reason why Tartarus was created in the first place. To keep them sealed and to encase all other criminals that would cause harm to Equestria. Most of them were encased in stone, but shipped there after Discord was originally released. But then, there was one other problem. One that came from within the walls of Tartarus itself. He’s known as the Crystal Tyrant, King Sombra.”

Oh I remember him alright. How did he relate to these Avatars that Rufus mentioned?

“Due to his defeat, the magic in the prison that holds these Avatars in their states is beginning to weaken. This accident that occurred in Chicago did more then just change you. It also weakened the seal even more. They want a way out and are using the panic caused on your world as a chance to be free. They want to be free after two thousands years of being in stone. In fact, that Wraith just now was from the Avatar of Darkness; Midnight.”

“Yeah, but why did it attack you?” I asked him, hoping that he would have an answer for me.

“My tribe preaches one of a few Avatars that weren’t sealed away because of the good that they brought to Equestria. In fact, that avatar is the reason why we can communicate through your dreams. Nox, Avatar of the Night.” The Wolf now stood partially up as he looked at me. “She has made a lot of enemies against the Avatars that want Equestria for itself, including the Prime Avatar sealed away in Tartarus.”

“Hold up? Prime Avatar?”

“There’s a rumor in which that there's an entity that the Avatars served inside Tartarus. It may be just a rumor, but right now, anything is possible at this rate.” The Wolf looked around, seeing that right now, the sun was beginning to rise. He placed his paw on my forehead and looked at me again. “I’m sending you back. Right now, until I find out more about the situation, let’s keep this between us.”


Back to Reality…

My head felt like I hit a brick wall as I was beginning to wake up again. I wasn’t fully awake until I heard Alex in the front seat shout like he was at a Padres game. So loud that he startled me seconds after I first opened my eyes

“WE MADE IT!!!”

“What the buck, Alex!? You gave me a heart attack!!”

“Oh hey, looks who’s awake!! It’s Mr. Wolfy.” My brother replied. As I looked back at everyone, I noticed that both Alex and Chloe were looking at me like something happened while I was asleep. “Enjoy your nap?”

“Y-yeah I guess… What’s wrong? Do I look funny?”

Chloe shook her head. “Raven, your eyes…… are white.”

Well Sh*t. I now have Rufus’s Iris colors that make me look like Hopsin. Lovely… “Well, that’s new. Anything else that I’m not aware of?”

“Your hairs also now black.”

Okay, that was a little sudden. I have markings, Ears, a tail, and now my eyes and hair are different. Damn you, Charles Darwin!! Why does Evolution always throw me off guard.

“Anything else happen to you guys?”

“Alex grew a dragon tail that has a spearhead… But there’s something else.”

I raise my eyebrow in confusion. “Else?”

Alex tilted his head to the right as a signal for me to move my head. Turning, I was now looking at Tao… Or what I should say as Pudding Cup. She had completely turned into her OC and was curled up in the carseat like if Rainbow Dash was sleeping on a cloud. Not to mention that Shay was sleeping on top of her mane.

‘Oh god, the feels!!! The Cuteness!!! I CAN’T TAKE IT!!!’

Can it, brain!! I already am having a headache, I don’t need it to get worse

I now looked out the window as we began to enter the city of Chicago. I was surprised about just how many people were stuck in the same situation that we were. People had Wings, Horns, hooves, fur, claws, scales, and other numerous parts. Some people had even completely changed like Tao.

“How long was I asleep for?” I asked, now realizing that I didn’t know what time it was.

“Since we left the Diner, it’s after 1pm right now.”

‘Well, that made sense.’ I thought to myself. We took a few minutes to drop off the rental car and walk on over to where the convention hall was. After acquiring some information from the ladies at the front desk, we found out that the convention was still in progress for setting everything up. Alex offered to pitch in, seeing that he had time to kill and Chloe went with him. Why did it feel like I was left behind to babysit an earth pony and breezie like Cadence babysat a filly Twilight.

‘Actually, the proper term is Foalsat.’

Brain, just shut up. I don’t have time to deal with this Bullsh*t.

“Hey, Raven…” I heard Tao-. I mean, Pudding talk to me. I ignored her. I couldn’t deal with her and what I was thinking of right now-. “Raven… Raven… Hello, are you in there? Raven!!!”

“What is it?”

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but does that guy over there look like your dad?”

I look up. My jaw drops… It is him. What the hell is he doing here? Is he on Business travel or something? Did his flight just get cancelled. Just play it cool, it’s not like he’ll notice-.

“Hey, Mr. Soresu! Over here!”

“What the-!? Dammit Pudding!!!” I cursed under my breath as I had to restrain the earth pony that was my friend from waving her hoof and catching his attention. “What exactly trying to do?”

“I just wanted to say Hi.” The Earth pony told me, giving me one of those Pinkie Pie pouts as she looked back at me.“Why do you have to be such a party pooper?”

“One, I didn’t know that my dad was on travel until just now. Two, if he wasn’t told about what’s going on by my mother, he’ll flip once he see’s me and Alex.” I told her. Soon though, I realized something. My head felt… lighter.

“Pudding… Where’s Shay?”

She looked behind me. I turned around and looked up. There stood my father, with Shay on his shoulder.

“Hello Raven. Never thought I would find you here.”

Dear Luna, I am screwed all the way to Tartarus am I?

‘You probably are.’

…… Brain, that was suppose to be a rhetorical question.

‘And I gave you a rhetorical answer.’

…… How do you function?


End Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I tried to come up with this sooner, but I wasn't sure if what I had met up with MidnightChaos' fic. So I tried to have it relate as much as possible. But here you go. Enjoy todays update. Also, comment, fave and check out my other fics and do the same thing. If you don't, I feel lonely. :fluttershysad:

-Shayne