• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 2,944 Views, 107 Comments

Follow the Wind - FrostTheWolf



It's all fun and games until you begin to turn into your own character and it happens to be a wolf. Would someone care to fill me on on how this is happening? Part of the OTverse by MidnightChaos

  • ...
9
 107
 2,944

7- Release the Panic

Follow the Wind- Release the Panic


Perspective- Alex


Honestly, besides the fact that this whole place was crowded with people that were caught in the crosshairs of whatever the hell was going on, I was taking everything well. Raven was currently babysitting the likes of both Shay and whatever Tao called herself now. Was it… Pudding? I can’t remember the name for crap, so I wouldn’t know.

As for me, I was with Chloe and helping pitch in on setting up everything. Turns out, turning into a dragon does have it’s benefits. Especially when you got abnormal strength and metabolism along with the possibility of Lightning powers as well. Chloe herself was taking things well too. Especially since her newly grown Fox tails had been attracting unwanted attention from all the children that mistook it for a blanket.

By the time we got things done though, we heard a massive amount of people panicking at the nearby conference room. Len Teles, one of the guys setting this up, was planning on explaining it to everyone in small groups since the room had a maximum occupancy of only three hundred people. Now, we were hearing screams of bloody murder and people freaking out over some being named “Discord” taking Len. I had only met the guy thirty minutes ago and now he’s gone like that…? I smell some sort of plot device.

“Chloe, I need a breather. I’ll be right back.”

She nodded her head as I made my way towards the restroom, closing the restroom door and locking it behind me. I used the water running from the sink to splash my face, clearing my vision for a moment. But as I washed my hands, I heard another voice.

“You holding up there, Kiddo?”

I look up in the mirror and I stared. I was seeing the character my brother drew for me in the Mirror's reflection. When I looked behind me though, no one was behind me.

“Hey, eyes over here my friend.”

I looked back at the mirror and low and behold, I now only saw him. Dear god, I must be hallucinating. But, as it turns out, I wasn’t. Even after blinking a few times, the character my brother did off of me was still there.

“What… the hell?”

“Well Geez. And I personally thought you would be relieved to get an explanation on why I’m here.” The Dragon Pony said back to me as it stretched it’s wings. “Talk about appreciation no less.” Now I’m starting to realize that I’m basically talking to myself here as I try to think about what I have to say next. There were a lot of questions I wanted to ask, but I was unsure about how to start speaking.

“Well, a lot of crap has been happening today and I’m not in the mood for any surprises. An explanation though would be nice.”

“Ah, theres the appreciation I was looking for.” He tells me. “I came to check on you. For the past few days, I let you do your own thing with your brother and companions… But now, I thought it would be best if I finally get the chance to talk to you.”

“And you choose now of all times?”

“No time like the present? Why, did something happen?”

I face… clawed myself as I looked back at him. “Yeah. Over the past two days, two people have gone missing and one of them has believed to been taken by… ‘Discord’ or whatever his name is. Ever since then, someone’s opened the floodgates and released the panic of what happened all over the damn place.”

Shockwave looked quite surprised. “Oh dear… That is quite serious… In more than one way actually.”

“More than one?”

“Yes. It means that the selection process is beginning.”

“Wait… Selection Process? What the hell is that!?”

“It means that the amount of incidents involving disappearances are going to increase. This will include you as well as your companions.”

That… caught me off guard. “Wait… me? Where the hell would we be going?”

“Where my home is. My world. But it only happens to those whose transformations are complete. Additionally, there’s one other thing you should know.”

“What’s that?”

“Your brother and your little breezie friend will be the first two to arrive. Despite your Earth Pony friend already being completely transformed, her time to come over will be when you and your fox friend are fully changed.”

I flinched. Now I needed answers. “The hell are you talking about? Why is Raven going first?”

“Because out of all five of you, those two are completing their transformations soon and any transformations that is complete within this week is immediately brought over by the selection process. I’m sorry, Alex. But it’s something that’s out of my control. For now, tell your brother of what is coming and make sure he is ready. His time to go will happen sooner than you think.” Seconds after saying that, the image of the Dragon Pony had faded away, leaving me alone again. If what he said was true, then all of us are going to get pulled into this, one way or another. I had to get back to Raven as quickly as I can. He needs to be informed of what I was just told.


Perspective: Raven


My internal panic button had just went off. My father was now looking at me, saying hello casually. Something about this… did NOT feel right.

“Are you okay, son?”

“Y-yeah. I just… didn’t expect to see you.”

“Well, I originally was here for business. But when your mother told me this morning that you and your brother were all caught up in this mess, I cancelled my flight back home so I could be with you and help you two.” He now turned his head to Shay. “Your little friend found me while he was looking for his sister.”

“Shay, you know you could’ve asked me to help you if you wanted to find Chloe.”

“Well, you were busy with Tao so I thought I shouldn’t bother you.”

‘He is kind of right on that one after all.’

Good lord, I traded my humanity for this.

“Anyways… Wait… what’s going on?”

My father’s question had now gotten my attention as I looked behind myself. It was pure chaos across the hall. “Holy Sh*t. What the hell is going on?”

It didn’t take long for us to hear the news. The news about one of the head composers getting taken out of nowhere by Discord. Everyone was freaking out and all the noise was stressing me out. I couldn’t deal with this sh*t right now and the next thing that occurred was my face hitting the floor as I passed out.


Some time later

My head felt like it was spinning all over the damn place as I was beginning to wake up. Judging from the fact that I was feeling fabric now instead of the tiled floor of the lobby, I assumed that I was moved somewhere. Possibly either my dad or my brother. In fact, I can hear some people talking amongst themselves right now. One of the voices happened to be my father so that should be a good sign right?

Unless he’s talking to Paramedics. Then you’re screwed.

I was trying to boost my morale here!!

Try telling that to your new body, jackass.

Wait… New body? My eyes sprang open as I looked at myself. Oh dear god, I feel like I have no mouth and I need to scream. The transformations were now complete. I was now Rufus. I’m a freaking wolf and the only thing that remained of my human self was my Jacket and Latros, which was in my Jacket pocket.

“Good Morning Raven, Did you sleep well?”

I lifted my new head upward and saw something land on my nose. To my surprise, It was Shay. But now, he was turned into a full on Breezie. Wings, body and everything. Seems like Tao and me weren’t the only ones with their completed Transformations.

“H-how long was I out?”

“Hmm… well, I would say a day? You gave your brother and father a panic attack when you collapsed on the floor. If it weren’t for a few of the other attendees that were nearby at the time, we don’t know how much longer you would’ve been asleep for.”

This was… quite surprising. Even with most of the people here being freaked out, I honestly did not know that someone would go out of their way to help me. “Well, I’m truly grateful for that. If I can only tell them so.”

“Actually, one of them was waiting for you to wake up. Here, let me get her.” Before I could say anything, Shay used his breezie like stamina to zip around the corner of the nearby door. I was quite surprised that for something that small, he could be so energetic.

Me too.

Well, that’s something we can both agree on then.

Shay soon returns with someone. In comes a young lady with red blood red, messy, spiky hair. A black and white horn and sunglasses covering her eyes. She was also wearing jeans and a longsleeved shirt that was completely gray in color.

“Ah, so the little wolf finally woke up? Good. Glimmer Thorn wished to speak to you a little.” She said as she raised a mirror I hadn’t noticed earlier.

The mirror itself was in the shape of a hexagon. The frame was of some kind of metal and was so simple that it looked like a very early school project. But the mirror itself was the most stunning reflective surface in this universe.

It took me a while to realize it was expected of me to respond as I had been addressed, even if it was as “little wolf”.

“So…… Thanks, I guess? What’s the mirror for exactly?”

“Ah, now that is the question, isn’t it? Why don’t I show you?”

“Hey, Glimmer. You still there? Our friend is back in the right realm. Come out and say hi.”

Suddenly the surface of the mirror shifts and shows the face of a white colored unicorn with the same mane style and horn as the woman. “Oh, really? Thank Celestia. Who knows what could have happened when the magics fly around the place like this and start fusing into random spells, hitting people. It’s a miracle that it was a sleep spell and not a stun spell. Those are not meant to be aimed at the neck, ever.” The mare in the mirror said with the exact same voice as the woman.

I guess that explains my prolonged sleep.

“What the fluff-?”

“Raven, may I introduce to you. Glimmer Thorn. She’s my OC. If you haven’t noticed yet, I’m a complete human version of her. Plus the horn.”

“Well, that’s something.” I mutter. I look back at the mirror to see Glimmer again. “And I thought turning into a Wolfpony was the start of this mess.”

“No, this whole mess was started by some big evil. The creation of artificial magic jump started a connection and we were all caught in the crossfire. Or at least that’s how I understood it. You know, with magic flying around everywhere now, it’s a wonder there haven’t been more accidents like yours. Getting hit by a sleep spell was lucky. I dread to think what would happen if it was a fireball.”

Well, that would put a literal definition to “Liar, Liar, pants on fire.”

“Well, does this somehow involve the Avatars. Because when I saw my OC Rufus in my dreams, we were attacked by servants of the Avatar of Darkness; Midnight.”

“Huh, Glimmer you heard anything about that?” The woman asked Glimmer.

“Can’t say I have. I’ll have to take another look in the library to be sure. However I think there is a big possibility that there are beings responsible in every single connected world. In yours it was the ones who made that machine. In mine it was Discord-.”

I was ignoring Glimmer’s sentence as it went on. Hearing the Avatar of Chaos’s name made me remember what happened before I hit the deck. “Discord… He was here.”

“What?”

“Earlier today when they were gathering everyone, many people saw that Len guy or whatever his name was get pulled out of there-.”

“Len Teles.”

The new voice caught me by surprise as my younger brother walked into the room. “Well, this is a surprise. How do you know that?”

“I just had an unexpected chat a little while ago in the bathroom with Shockwave. He was in the mirror on the-. What the F-?!”

Alex’s reaction was to seeing Glimmer Thorn. Oh boy, this was not going to end well.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” Glimmer asked and went cross eyed as she tried to spy something on her snout and felt around with her hooves.

“Raven… Explain what’s going on because with everything going on right now, this is beginning to turn into an episode of Grimm.”

“Well, I guess I’ll explain. But first of all, Introductions. Hello, my name is George, yes I am now female, I noticed. And this-” he/she gestured towards the mirror. “is Glimmer Thorn. My OC. We managed to make a pair of mirrors that allow us to communicate outside of dreams and hopes of random spatial distortions.”

The only thing that caught my attention at that part was the mirrors. Alex had just said that he saw Shockwave in the bathroom mirror and with Glimmer now… could this be a coincidence?”

“Alex Soresu. Raven’s younger brother by two years and apparently, I’m turning into a Dragon Pony because of him. The little guy on my brothers muzzle is Shay. He’s a friend of ours.”

“Ah yes, I spoke with Shay earlier on. Now to business. As you might imagine, being able to talk to your own OC at any time is quite an advantage. So far, it has allowed me and Glimmer to set up a few facts. We’ve also made it our goal to find certain individuals who are transforming at a slightly faster rate. Why? Because they're the ones most likely to complete the transfer. And we wish to warn them. Our search brought us to you.” George explained while Glimmer nodded along. Turning towards Alex though, I saw a look in his eye that told me that this might not possibly end well.

“It’s more than that.” He says, catching everyone’s attention. “Shockwave told me about something else besides the transformations and also warned me on something.”

“The fact that we’re all being transferred to Equestria, right?”

“Not exactly. Not everyone might get transferred, but I know that my brother and Shay are going first. He told me that it was a Selection Process and the ones that go to Equestria are the ones who completed their transformations this week or possibly a specific case. Case in point, Len Teles.”

“That complicates things. I think I’ll have to get the mass production for the antidote running then…”

Wait… Antidote?

“Whoa back up, what Antidote?”

Sighing, George takes a seat on a stool and looks at everypony present. “I have, together with Glimmer Thorn, developed an antidote. Unfortunately it’s untested and needs to be used after the transformation is complete, otherwise it will most likely result in death.”

Oh boy. That’s some bad medicine…

'Are you trying to reference Bon Jovi?'

Brain, no. Don’t focus on that, I rather not get poisoned!

I slowly began to get up, but in a defensive manner. I knew that George was wanting to help, but I rather not be a lab rat and try something that was untested. Turning around, I grabbed Latros with my mouth.

“What the hoof are you doing?” George almost screams in panic as he jumps up and now stands plastered against the wall on top of his/her stool.

“Brother, please. I wanted them to help you-.”

“F*** that. I make my own decisions, Asshole!” Now, I unsheathed Latros as Shay was in the fur on my head. Alex was surprised by my Blade and so was both George and Glimmer Thorn.

“Now, there’s no need for aggression here.” Glimmer said.

“Look, I don’t want to fight here either. But I rather not be the first one to die if that cure fails. Plus, I prefer to be in this form until I could find a way to fix myself. Let me solve my own problems.”

Alex was quite surprised by what I had to say. He turned towards George and Glimmer. “I understand. I’m sorry for getting ahead of myself. You think it’ll be alright if we be with you guys for a bit while the transformations are still happening. I mean, my father is talking up a storm with your parents.”

“Yeah sure.” George says with a huge grin, seemingly on the verge of laughing. “I just can’t believe how fast you became so aggressive. All I did was mention my plans for an antidote and you’re already holding me under a weapon threat. Relax. I’m not going to feed anypony anything. The antidote is only theoretical. I’m working on getting a patent on it so I can let the public take care of it.”

“I understand you. But Alex has a tendency to jump the gun on things if he thinks it’s going to somehow help him. And since you said that it might kill us because it was untested, I rather not have him try to slip it in my food without looking.”

“Wow, I’m not envious of your relationship… Anyways. About this selection, have any clues how to know if you’re selected Alex?”

“My guess is that if your transformation completes within the next week, you become a candidate. Raven and Shay are already one and so is Tao-.”

At the mention of her name, Pudding cup bursts through the door and tackles me in a death hug, bragging about how cute I was as a wolf and yadi yadi yada.

Mare Wars: The Cuteness Strikes Back!!

Damn it, Brain!!!

Something told me that our first night with some new friends was going to be a long one. I barely think I’m getting any sleep tonight.


End Chapter 7

Author's Note:

Now from two perspectives. Thank you Fiction Fanatic for helping me with this chapter.