• Published 22nd Apr 2015
  • 883 Views, 7 Comments

From Rinshi To Mystic Master - SoonToBeWriterBrony



What happens when you die? All religion says you go to heaven or hell or some sort of afterlife, but when I died? I got sent to a land of magic and wonder but unfortunaertly I got sent there as a Rinshi, or if you prefer a Chinese vampire....

  • ...
8
 7
 883

Chapter 6: The Goddess Faust and the Titan Of Ether (First Person)

Two days. I've been sitting here for two days thinking on how to teach Fleur and Chrysalis and so far I have come up with nothing. Where exactly? Well for the pass two days I found myself a nice secluded spot underneath Twilight's old home. Apparently after T-wreak or whatever his name was destroyed the iconic library, most of the basement that lay underground was still salvageable. But due to the emotional strain on Twilight, and that most would have needed to dig pretty deep to find the entrance of the basement all over again, most ponies didn't bother and left it to rot.

Well It would be to much of a waste to let this place rot, plus due to the fact that not everyone knew about it, I decided this would be my new home/hiding spot. Some of the anthropomorphic ponies (and one dragon) did know though. I needed permission from Twilight in the first place and as well as dig a tunnel leading from her new home all the way to the old basement that I've been calling the Mystic Fury Base MK I. Once I expand a bit more, and as well as reinforce it, MK II will be operational. The other ponies were my two students who are currently trying to read the Fierce Cheetah-Fist Manuscript (Fleur) and the Confrontational Scorpion-Fist Manuscript (Chrysalis) but unfortunately the manuscripts were in Chinese..... something that didn't bother me when I was using them since I knew Chinese (Mandarin and Hokiken specifically) but I would also assume that the Rinshi could automatically read them as well. Lastly, a REF Lieutenant by the name of Gale Force was assigned to me since my Captaincy who is currently writing a report.

That said I didn't get this place for free. The first thing that had to be done was to salvage anything from the place that belonged to Twilight. At that moment, I decided to repeat some of the information provided by the Titan of Ether and sent a letter asking for some confirmation. However, I refrained from telling them that Shen Long was up and about as well. The reason being that Shen Long, a powerful dragon in his own right, is one of the few villains from what my old friend Arnold had told me back on Earth that could never be destroyed, only sealed. I got the confirmation form Celestia immediately, saying that the Three Fist Demons originally did want to help Equestria but almost stuck her in the back. A current Captain Blue Crimson is currently in the hospital in Canterlot for using himself as a meat shield and taking a number of hits for Celestia and Luna. However, when mentioning that my being here was of Faust and the reason why the Three Fist Demons went cay cay, I was met with denies that the Goddess Faust could do such a thing. The Titan was right in this sense as the ponies couldn't see Faust as nothing but perfect. Even the stary eyed Gale Force who was begging me to teach her didn't think that Faust could have cause this world a lot of problems with one act or any act in fact.

With that said, the current plan is to use the Three master's strategy since the skill that can seal Shen Long needed three Beast-Fist practitioners. I decided that the three practitioners would be myself, Fleur and Chrysalis or the back up team. That's right while I am busying myself as to make my new home, I have tasked Gale to look for three other within Ponyvile to teach. This is to ensure that if Team A which involves me is indisposed or occupied or down a member, Team B can still finish the seal.

Also a part of my base now as a pure black pillar as a part of it's structure, a gift apparently from the Titan of Ether. From what he said when he pillar shot out of the ground, this pillar will be the antenna to fish the souls of the hosts once any of the Three Fist Demons are defeated. While convenient, I've asked the Titan to do something for me, in relation to the crisis at hand. The biggest mystery here is Who is Shen Long?

From what I know from Gekiranger, Shen Long was an immortal dragon who found enjoyment in watching people suffer. However, the Titan did say someone resembling Shen Long with his power came to this world. There could be a chance that the character of Shen Long has taken over the host or the host is deliberating doing this. Either way, finding out who would help in tracking Shen Long or at least predict his thinking. While the Titan agreed, he did tell me it will take a while since the first thing he will have to find is which Earth he came from.

So in the meantime I'm preparing the Base and basically cleaning up. So far Tabu, the Pig-Fist RinRinshi, has not made with his promise to attack again but I instructed the other two REF Captains to keep alert. Although asking a lot from Twilight, I still needed a few things, so I turned to my two students.

"Hey girls. Any luck with the manuscripts?"

"Sorry Wu," replied Fleur," This language is nothing I have come across before. At least as far as my own knowledge goes."

"Eh a bit," replied Chrysalis," I can feed my magic into the manuscript but it takes a lot of power just to read a page. And I don't want to tax Fleur anymore than I already have."

"Right." I said while scratching my chin," Well if that's the case I wonder..."

"Wonder what Wu?" asked Fleur.

"Chrysalis, can you feed your magic into Fleur?"

"Yes although it will drain me.... what are you thinking Zhuge?"

"Well following the theory that Ringi makes you stronger Chrysalis, I would assume you could feed on Geki as well. This will as far as I know supercharge you. Correct?"

"At least for Ringi, yeah it does supercharge any changeling although the.... drones then to pop from overload."

"And you confirm that you can channel magic back into Fleur. So if needed You could supercharge Fleur. But that need testing."

"So long as it doesn't endanger Fleur."

Lieutenant Gale looked at Chrysalis with an odd expression before getting on with her work but it didn't go unnoticed, cause I saw it. I went on over beside here and asked," So what's on your mind Lieutenant?"

"Sir... I... well... I have read Prince Shining Armor's reports on Queen Chrysalis's behavior and it doesn't add up sir. I mean, Chrysalis has been known as a heartless bitch who is driven by hunger and yet, she seems to genuinely care for miss De Lis."

"While I cannot say for sure on what you mean by that, its mostly because they both suffered together."

"Huh?"

"There is a saying back where I come from, Adversary can spawn the strangest of friends. Both Fleur and Chrysalis had sent a long time under the Rinshi as prisoners and when your left alone with mostly no one else who can speak save for your cellmate..."

"I... see. Well then sir if you would excuse me." And Gale went back to work, looking though a few files on the residents of Ponyville and some of the enlisted REF solders.

With that I processed to make my way to Twilight, to see if she could decipher the text for my student's use.

*****

"I'm sorry Wu, but I have to much on my plate to help you transcribe your Manuscripts into Equestrian. I don't even recognize the language it is originally written in," said Twilight as she removed her glasses. She is currently sitting at her desk doing what I considered as a metric ton of paperwork. "I've been trying to request more assistance from Canterlot but with Celestia and Luna preparing for a World Summit to get help from the other nations, most of the work is delegated to the Canterlot Noble Council which is controlled by Prince Blueblood. I've been trying to get pass their red tape for the pass day with no success."

"Maybe I can help with that. While it wouldn't be much it can help tip the balance a bit onto our side."

"At this moment, anything would be better than filling out all these forums."

"Well among the many RinRinshi, one of then are artificially created. Almost all of them are an undead creature who have excelled in their craft. Except for two."

"I'm not sure I like what you are suggesting. So you want to make more RinRinshi but on our side?"

"Not exactly. Like I said, most are undead. There are those of the living who could access that power as well but only once they become a master, and it only reported that the Geki master were the ones who could do it. But on the Rinshi side of things, there are the Butokas and the Wagatakus."

"The Buda what now?"

"These two RinRinshi were not even considered as true Rinshi. But rather as golem like solders as it were. If I can get my hands on their schematics, I could build them as defenses."

"While that could work," said Twilight scratching her chin in though," How strong are these... golems."

"Stronger than the average Rinshi warrior and good enough to stall a RinRinshi. I won't be building many of them, just eight. four of each type and set them as honor guards. They can think, so long as it is about the task they are given. I'll set them up to obey you and Spike but no one else, not even me, just as a safety precaution. You can order then to listen to others though."

"OK you have me sold. I'll probably have them set up around important structures in Ponyville. My only question is where is their schematics?"

"Oh that's an easy one. It's in the Rinshi main base, their library so to speak."

"....are you crazy? No wait. Don't answer that. Of course you are. Well if your going see if you can grab more that just the golem schematics."

"I was going to do so anyway, I leave tomorrow evening."

Author's Note:

Sorry guys, short chapter this time around because of reason I am not willing to share at the moment. That being said I will try to update more regularly on all of the current stories. Hopefully, I can turn out another three chapters (one for each story) before the end of the month.

Hopefully the next chapter will let us see how Wu is going to steal from the Rinshi HQ, assuming that the Rinshi are not waiting for him.

Until Next time,
For the one who walks the path of light, born from darkness.
Riders fight for hope. For that I will HENSHIN!

EDIT: WHOOPS, made a slight error and pressed the published button a wee bit to early. Wasn't finished with the chapter yet. My bad and I apologize if it made your notifications go all screwy.