• Published 18th Mar 2015
  • 4,677 Views, 80 Comments

A Siren's Song - Darknight293



The presence of three new girls at CHS changes your life and threatens your freedom.

  • ...
8
 80
 4,677

Prologue

Author's Note:

So it begins, a story involving the timeline of Rainbow Rocks. I want to say I'll have fun screwing up the timeline, changing how the movie went for the sake of the story, and just outright fucking over the plot line.

But in all seriousness, I'm back to writing and I'll get what I can done for you guys. Your support, even if it's just a follow and a like, means much to me. So without further ado, let's see if I can write a good sequel or not. :derpytongue2:

Disclaimer: The movie Equestria Girls:Rainbow Rocks belongs to Hasbro Studios. I have no ownership to the movie, it's plot and characters are being used to create a (short?) story solely for entertainment purposes.

It was a dark night. Clouds above the city of Canterlot as only a few of it inhabitants were still awake on this cold November night. Winter cold had begun to descend on the town and with each passing day it became obvious it would be a chilly Winter.

However, the change in temperature was the last thing on the minds of three hooded strangers. Their identities covered up save for a small light shining off their faces from their apartment's room light. They sat together at a small table, hand written notes and pictures of Canterlot High were spread out and organized on the table as well.

One of the strangers reached over to a picture and picked it up, lifting it to her face. The picture showing the blast of rainbow light they had seen coming from the school a week or two ago. She knew exactly what that rainbow light meant.

Equestrian Magic.

She placed the picture back on the table, her hands going to the hood that covered up her identity. She grabbed the fabric with her hands and pulled it down, revealing her arctic bluish white skin. Her hair was tied back in a single ponytail and was mostly light arctic blue colored with moderate persian blue stripes.

Her name was Sonata Dusk, but she wasn't a normal teenage girl. Sure she seems young, but in reality she was a Siren. Mythical creatures in this world, said to lead sailors and their ships in the Mediterranean sea to their watery graves.

That wasn't true for her and her friends. They were Sirens, yes, but they weren't from this world. Their homeworld was Equis, a world filled with talking Ponies, Zebras, Griffins, Changelings, and many many more creatures.

What made them different from this world's Sirens is that they fed off of negative energy, which was caused by arguments, fighting, all kinds of bad things. This negative energy gave them the ability to amplify their voices through magic pendants that they wore and let them control everyone with the beauty of their voices. Such as caused them to fight for something they want and this generate even more of this energy.

But the negative energy had another importance. Without some negative energy, the Sirens would die. Such a thought had always been a dread on Sonata's mind an even made her wish there was a way to get this energy.

Sonata and her friends had lived there for many decades, maybe even centuries and hey hadn't found a different source. She couldn't remember exactly how long they had been here, but she did remember Starswirl the Bearded. A legendary unicorn that had used a banishing spell to...well...banish them to this other world.

Now they were stuck on this world. To Sonata she thought they'd be stuck here forever, as her friend Adagio stated the energy here wasn't as strong as the energy from Equis This meant they couldn't gain enough power to dispel Starswirl's banishment spell that kept them here.

Her moderate raspberry eyes looked to her friends, whom were pulling their hoods down as well. To her left was Aria, a pale, light grayish fuchsia skin colored girl. Her hair was formed into two smaller ponytails and mostly a moderate purple color with light brilliant aquamarine streaks. Her moderate mulberry colored eyes scanning over the hand written notes.

Sonata knew Aria all too well throughout their numerous, though trivial, arguments. While they didn't get along back in Equestria, Equis, or during the first few hundred years here, Aria was kinda like a sister to Sonata.

Her eyes then went to her right, seeing her other friend Adagio. Her rather giant, poofy hair had Luminous vivid orange with brilliant yellow streaks in it. Her pale apple green skin and brilliant raspberry eyes easily helped complete her look. It almost made Sonata a bit jealous of her friend's looks, but she liked herself just how she was.

Sonata's eyes looked back down to the pictures in front of her. After the sign of Equestrian magic existing at the school Adagio had gone crazy. Staying up late at night, writing many notes and taking pictures of the school and it's grounds.

Honestly it appeared the first sign of magic made her friend go ballistic with frenzied joy. It's sign made Sonata happy as well, as they had a chance to return to Equestria. But they couldn't be sure where the magic was exactly, it had to inhabit inside a living being after all. Unless it was a relic that could hold magic-

"...Sonata are you listening?"

Her head shot back up and she looked at Adagio, whom didn't look happy. Sonata gave her a short nod, but Adagio wasn't fooled. Adagio sighed, "Sonata sweetie, try to focus please. We only get one chance at this."

"Now if you're done oogling the pictures listen up," Adagio grabbed a few pieces of paper and tossed one at Aria and another at Sonata. Sonata grabbed the paper and looked at it, a quick skim over showing it was from CHS.

Adagio spoke up again, "The school finally finished the process and we're now students at CHS, starting tomorrow we put our plan into action!" She finished, starting to grin.

"What plan Adagio? Cause some chaos and feed off of the negative energy?" Aria replied, setting down the paper, "You already said the magic here isn't the same as Equestrian magic and there's no way random teenages are going to have it."

Adagio sighed and resisted the urge to hit her own head, "That is obvious to me Aria. But if Equestrian magic exists there then that means there is a way to Equestria. Which means someone brought an item with magic infused into it from Equis to here."

This time Sonata spoke up, getting the attention of her friends, "So if someone brought a relic with Equestrian magic here and used it, wouldn't that mean whoever used it has the magic infused into them now? Since some of the magic would bleed off into their bodies."

Both her friends stared at her, dumbfounded. Sonata was usually the ditzy girl in the group and very rarely showed high intelligence to make a working plan. Yet she had just pointed out they'd only need to find a few certain students.

Sonata, however, blinked at them, starting to sweat as she thought she fucked up again, "W-what?" She asked.

Adagio chuckled evilly, "Nothing Sonata, you actually surprised us with that stroke of intelligence. But she's right," Adagio turned to Aria, "Only a few certain students will have the magic, which is more powerful than ours right now. That means whoever has it won't fall under our spell...so.."

Adagio grinned once more and stood up out do her seat. She walked over to the window and looked out to the city below, seeing the school, "That means all we have to do is get everyone else under our spell, and then go after whoever hasn't fallen under it for they will have the magic we seek!"

Aria smirked, joining in Adagio's evil grin, "I'll admit I didn't expect Sonata to point out the easy road for us, guess she has a brain after all."

"Hey!" Sonata said, growling a bit.

"Oh stop it Sonata and look at the pictures of your so-called crush you took earlier. We both know you took them for a reason." Aria countered, leaning back in her seat and putting her legs on the table, crossing one over the other.

Sonata blushed and kept her mouth shut, glupling slightly as she looked back down at the table. Her right hand moved through the pictures and grabbed one, pulling it out of the pile and looking at it. The picture was of a boy in a light jacket, his back to the picture.

What felt wrong in this picture was the girl that was in the picture with him. They both had signed of some injury, especially the girl that Sonata found out was named Sunset Shimmer. A girl that caused quite a bit of trouble at the School's Fall Formal. Her eyes focused on the boy instead of the girl, making her heart beat a tad faster.

Suddenly, before she could do anything else, someone shook the siren. Sonata blinked and looked up and behind herself to her left. Adagio was standing right behind her, "Sonata, remember. We aren't humans, we're sirens. We aren't suppose to fall in love with mortal creatures...I mean sure I've experienced it a few times but you never saw me go out with anyone."

"What about that guy from the late 19th centu-"

"Shut up Aria!" Adagio yelled before looking at Sonata again, "My point is don't let it distract you from our goal, getting the Equestrian magic, breaking Starswirl the Bearded banishment spell, and returning home to Equis to take it over for good."

Sonata sighed and nodded, "I understand Dagi, I just can't help the feeling in my heart'" She then smiles slightly at Adagio, "But I won't let it jeopardize our goal."

Adagio smiled back at Sonata and patted her shoulder, "Good girl," she said before turning and going back to the window. Sonata blinked slowly and turned back to the table, looking at the picture in her hand. An evil smile slowly appearing on the Siren's face.

"Besides," she said to herself quietly, "I'm sure he'll love me back once he hears my song." She said, her heart beating happily in the thought of making him hers...even if he forces her to do it the hard way. For a siren's song would be sung and consume his thoughts of nothing but serving her every whim if that was what had to be done to fulfill the desire in her heart.