• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 3,164 Views, 66 Comments

Apple Bloom's New Dream - Pinkie13Pie



AB has a dream. She dreams of a certain purple dragon... She knows that ponies and dragons never have belonged together and they never will. That is, until the day Fluttershy and Discord confess that they love each other to the world.

  • ...
13
 66
 3,164

A Short Note Accompanied With A Short Visit

-Apple Bloom’s Point of View-

I slowed to a trot as I reached the bridge outside of Fluttershy’s garden and took in the surroundings. Every time I’ve been here, I’ve never truly looked and took in the surroundings.

But now that I had, it was beautiful. The way the stream ran and moved around the rocks protruding the shimmery surface. The way that the leaves on the trees brushed against each other. It was all music. “No wonder Fluttershy loves it here” I mumbled to myself.

I looked up at the house and saw it sitting there silent except from the occasional squeak of mice. Wow… She even got Discord to keep the house on the ground. I walked up to the door and took a big breath.

And knocked.


-Spike’s Point of View-

I’m so happy I don’t think I’ll ever come down! I know exactly what to do! I can’t exactly just waltz up to Apple Bloom and kiss her, I mean that isn’t right. I blushed at the thought and brushed it away.

No… I was going to be her secret admirer. A lot of mares like that stuff right? I’m pretty sure they do. I was lost in my thoughts and didn’t realize I had already arrived at the shimmery, crystal castle. I peeked around the corner into the study, hoping Twilight wasn’t there.

“Spike! There you are! What took you so long?” She looks at me with an eyebrow raised. I sigh and walk into the study. “Never mind that, I need you to sort out the library next door.” She says already back to her books.
“Got it Twilight!” I say cheerfully running into the next room. If I were going to be Apple Bloom’s secret admirer, I’d need to think up the perfect thing to write. I mean, Apple Bloom isn’t like any other pony in Equestria.

So this was going to take a while. I look inside the Library and stand in shock at the mess. There were books everywhere! There weren’t any even on the shelves; they were sitting on windowsills, in chairs, even on the chandelier.

I sigh as I begin. I wasn’t going anywhere fast.


-Apple Bloom’s Point of View-

I stood there for a second when Fluttershy opened the door.

“Hi Fluttershy!” I said cheerfully. She looked at me cautiously. “Th-This isn’t about another sleepover is-is it?” she asked quietly.

“Oh, no, no its not!” I said a little quieter. I looked behind me and leaned closer towards Fluttershy. “It’s about you and Discord,” I whispered. Her eyes shot open and she nodded slightly and moved away from the door allowing me to enter. I walked inside and saw that most of the animals were quietly sitting around.

Something wasn’t quite right. Angel never sits still. I looked around more to see everything was pristine. I looked at Fluttershy who by then was standing next to me. “Where’s Discord?” I asked. She looked down towards me and smiled a warm smile. “He’s out preparing for… Our- uh date…” She said even more quiet than usual. Angel’s ears perked up and he glared at Fluttershy and then crossed his arms. I nodded.

I moved towards the couch and Fluttershy joined me. “So, Apple Bloom… What do you want to know?” She said looking into my eyes and smiled dreamily… Probably thinking about Discord. Then something sparkled in her eye.


“Firstly, I’m a big fan”


-Spike’s Point of View-

I looked around at the spotless library and smiled at my work. I looked at the clock and saw it was 3:53. “Yes! My quickest time!” I said happily, it had only taken me 2 hours.

Now I could finally write my first note to Apple Bloom. I sat down at the small table in the middle of the room with a piece of paper and a quill. I closed my eyes, took a big breathe and began writing.

This note had to be perfect. It had to portray my feelings towards her, without overwhelming her, or letting her know whom it was from.

She was so fragile and so exquisite, so happy and bright.
Hopefully this note would let her know that.

It wasn’t long, so it wouldn’t bore her. Well, I don’t think any note talking about her would bore her. I folded it into a tiny square and held it in my claws. I looked up at the clock and saw the time was 12:45. Peanuts. I walked slowly towards the bedroom and peeked around the corner to see Twilight sound asleep.
I tiptoed towards my own bed and saw a note on it.

Dear Spike,

I was going to have you do some more chores but I saw you so fixated in your writing that I decided not to bother you

From Twilight Sparkle,

P.S Don’t get used to it though! Because tomorrow, I need your help to pack for The Festival of Starswirl the Bearded.

I smiled at the note and crawled into bed and sighed as I sunk into the pillow/mattress. I placed the tiny, folded note to Apple Bloom underneath my pillow and fell asleep.

-Apple Bloom’s Point of View-

As soon as I had said it, Fluttershy burst into laughter and nearly fell off of the sofa. I just rolled my eyes. This seemed to become the regular to me. After 7 minutes had past Fluttershy had calmed down and I had her full attention again.

“That’s good to know Apple Bloom! Seeing not many other ponies’ accept… ‘Us’.” I looked at Fluttershy more closely, something had changed about her. Oh, I know what it is! She’s more confident! You can definitely see in in her posture!

I smiled brightly at Fluttershy. “You and Discord are a total inspiration to me!” I said grinning even more. She looked at me and smiled a smile I had never seen before in my life. This smile was filled with hope and true happiness, and full of love. One day I want to smile like that…

“Okay, well I guess I should ask you the questions I came her for!” I said still smiling. Fluttershy nodded in agreement and grabbed a cushion that had fallen off onto the floor when she had that laughing fit, and started hugging it as I began to ask the questions.

“W-e-l-l,” I said stretching the word out. I couldn’t meet Fluttershy’s gaze because for the first time since I had arrived at her house, I felt extremely awkward. “I-uh- sort of like this, um, guy –well he isn’t actually a pony- and I want to know how you did it.” I said, my voice shaking.

I looked up at Fluttershy as I said the last part of the sentence, and I saw the kindest creature you could ever see. Her eyes were understanding and her smile was found.

“I know how you feel Apple Bloom,” she said fondly, draping a hoof around my shoulder. “And I can tell you from experience, that you need to express your feelings. No matter how hard it may seem.” I sat quietly processing the information.

“But, I don’t want to tell him face-to-face…” I whispered.

A big grin erupted on Fluttershy’s face and she gave me a big hug. “Well, if you don’t… Some pony else might take him Apple Bloom. But don’t worry, maybe he’ll express his feelings to you first” she said with a wink. “That’s what happened with me.” she whispered with a wink.

I stood up and walked towards the door smiling “Thanks Fluttershy! This means the world!” I walked outside and heard Fluttershy softly say “No need to thank me Apple Bloom, just inform me when the weddings coming up!” The door closed behind me and my eyes widened.

“N-No I didn’t… I couldn’t… It won’t…Ugh” I said towards the door. I sighed as I trotted towards Sweet Apple Acres. As soon I had entered the east field I realized.

She didn’t answer my question properly.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see a purple spotted tree that ‘poofed’ into a brown-bodied creature with two yellow eyes and blood-red pupils and two wings coming out of his back, one blue, one purple, a red scaly tail with a loins paw and claws as his hands.

Author's Note:

Sorry with my schedule all over the place!!! When school starts (on Friday) for me, I'll have a Chapter up ever saturday. That means sometimes it'll be a chapter from each story or just one from one story...

I just can't get these songs out of my head!!

and..

Enjoy those two!!
Acorns and Thimbles XOX
-Pinkie13Pie