• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 3,163 Views, 66 Comments

Apple Bloom's New Dream - Pinkie13Pie



AB has a dream. She dreams of a certain purple dragon... She knows that ponies and dragons never have belonged together and they never will. That is, until the day Fluttershy and Discord confess that they love each other to the world.

  • ...
13
 66
 3,163

Hopes and Dreams

Author's Note:

I checked my grammar three times on this one, but i'll probably forget one or two things.
OH, and people seemed to be confused with Spike having a dream about Rarity in the first chapter. I will apologise, I shouldn't have written that and I don't know why I did, but basically, Spike was lying, because he actually was dreaming about Apple Bloom. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oh, I also actually changed the story, so some comments may make no sense, keep that in mind. That also might mean the grammar was horrible at the end.
I just want to thank all of you who have read this, and given me feedback.
I'll try not to make this a cheesy story but... it'll probably be really cheesy

Thimbles and Acorns XOX
P.S what do you want to see happen in this story?

-Apple Bloom’s Point of View-

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling above me. Luna’s beautiful moonshined its rays in through my window and onto my ceiling and wall.

I didn’t know what to do. I always thought I knew what to do, but now… Not so much.

I sighed as I closed my eyes to try and get some sleep. Sleep was the only thing I was sure I needed these days.


-Spike’s Point of View-

I lay in my tiny bed staring at Twilight. She was out cold, and her snores echoed around the Castle.

I stood up slowly, careful not to wake the sleeping pony. I walked out of the room and walked towards the balcony.

When I was outside, I stared up at Luna’s shining moon.

Everyone was sure I still loved Rarity… But for the past 3 months, I hadn’t thought about her once… Well, not like that at least.


-Apple Bloom’s Point of View-

I shivered against the chilly air of Luna’s night. Ever since I closed my eyes, all of my thoughts ran threw my mind; and every single one was about Fluttershy and her one, true love.

I clenched my eyes closed, wishing upon a star that I’d get a chance with Spike. A chance is all I needed.

I shifted underneath the sheets and squeezed into a ball, a single tear rolling down my cheek.


-Spikes Point of View-

If I thought I had a chance with her, I’d be kidding no pony. She was so perfect.

Her eyes and the way they gleamed, reflecting all her hopes, dreams and feelings. Her eyes were too honest to lie.

And her smile was like nothing you could ever imagine! When she smiled genuinely, she glowed! And I mean literally glow!

Every thing about her was perfect, her smile, her eyes, her ears, her mane, everything!

I especially loved her bow, her bow showed everything abut her. In some words... Her bow was perfection.

Just thinking about her made me smile. She always did.


-Apple Bloom’s Point of View-

I had cried myself to sleep, rolled into a ball underneath my sheets.

When I did wake up, my back hurt and my mane was messy, but I didn’t care. I got out of my bed with a forlorn sigh, brushed my mane and redid my bow because I accidently left it in when I went to sleep.

I sat on my bed staring at the door. I took a big breath, stood up, walked to the door, opened it, and walked out.

I walked slowly down the stairs and into the kitchen. “Morning Granny, AJ and Big Mac” I said nodding at the three ponies in turn.

I glued a fake smile on my face as I sat down to the battered table. A bowl of oats was set in front of me and I obediently started eating.

AJ was unusually quiet and I looked up at her suspiciously. As soon as I swallowed I opened my mouth and said, “Are you okay AJ?”

She nodded slowly in reply. For a pony representing honesty, she should’ve known that I’d see right through her 'act'.

I dropped my spoon into my bowl and put both hooves on the table. “AJ, I can see that something is wrong with you.” I said softly. She was silent. I thought about what it could be and then I looked up at her and into her eyes. In her eyes I saw restraint; but from what?

“What is the matter AJ?” I asked again. She sighed and looked away. I was so shocked to see her burst out laughing that I fell out of my chair. Big Mac who was also laughing pulled me up from the ground.

Granny Smith started snickering like a filly which quickly escalated into full on snorting and rolling on the ground with laughter.
I was never more confused in my life.


-Spike’s Point of View-

I opened my eyes sleepily and realized I had fallen asleep on the balcony. I stood up and walked back through into the castle with a smile on my face.

For some reason, I was glowing with happiness. “This is what Pinkie Pie must feel like every day!” I yelled in excitement to myself, but the castle seemed to respond by letting even more light shine in through the windows.

Nothing could go wrong today.

I walked into the throne room to see Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I glanced around as I sat into my own mini throne.

Fluttershy seemed to be explaining to them her feelings for Discord while all of the other girls were staring at her emotionless.

At the end of her explanation, Twilight glanced around to each of the girls and stopped at Fluttershy. She stood up from her throne and started walking towards Fluttershy. “Fluttershy, I can’t say I exactly, ‘agree’ with your feelings for Discord. But…” she stopped walking and started hugging Fluttershy. “I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!” She squealed.

With that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash joined in the hug smiling.

After a few minutes of hugging they broke away and got back to their seats.

It seemed that they only now noticed that I was in the room.

I looked around to each of the girls and then I noticed that behind Twilight, she had a golden brown book.

I immediately recognized that as MY golden brown book. The one book where I write my feelings towards ponies. Okay, I admit, it’s mostly about Apple Bloom.

My eyes widened. “Tw-Twilight… Why do you have that book behind you? WH-Where did you find it?” I tried to sound calm, but it came out desperate. She looked at me like I was crazy. "What book Spike?" Then it was my tern to look at her like she was crazy.

Then, Rainbow Dash grabbed the book and started Laughing.

"whats going on?!" Fluttershy and Twilight growled in anger in unison.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards Rainbow.

I was frozen in shock as Rainbow trotted to me and handed it to me.

Sweet Honey Iced Tea.
They're going to make me read it! Sweethoneyicedteasweethoneyicedteasweethoneyicedtea!!! My mind was racing a mile a minute.

I gingerly took the golden book from Rainbow's hooves. "Don't worry squirt, I promise I wasn't going to read about you and they way you think of..." Crab... She knew..."Rarity" She said with a tiny smirk on her face. I let out a huge sigh of relief. They didn't know. Yet.

"Thank goodness..." I muttered as I walked out of the room. Twilight and Fluttershy were glaring at Rainbow while Pinkie seemed to be staring into space this whole time. I was glad they were... Because Apple Bloom was too special. Too special to me.