• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 2,526 Views, 73 Comments

Choices - Twilove



A human girl gets the chance to go to Equestria, but nothing is what it seems

  • ...
5
 73
 2,526

Chapter 2

=-_-_-_-=

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping loudly. Tilting my head up slightly, I saw that my window was still opened. Groaning, I got up from the bed and walked towards the window, though the moment my left foot hits the ground, pain shoots through my whole body, making me fall back on the bed. Clutching my foot I breathed heavily, flashbacks of my dream shooting through me in a rapid speed. It hadn’t happened really, had it?
I looked around, searching for something to avoid putting pressure on my foot. I noticed a stick at my closet door, but I couldn’t reach it. Groaning I crawled up to the end of the bed. It creaked at every move I made, it had always been quite unstable. At the end, I reached my arm out as far as I could to reach the stick, grasping it firmly and putting it next to me on the ground. I stood up and held my left foot up in the air, being sure not to put any pressure on it. Walking towards my window, I noticed a dark figure outside. When I took another look at it, it was gone. I blinked and shrugged it off, closing the window in the progress, deciding to go downstairs to the kitchen.

Walking downstairs wasn’t easy with that stick…

Stumbling down I walked to the kitchen. Today, as for any other day of my life, there is no one else home. It was summer vacation and my parents had left for another day at the beach, without me. It felt as if they didn’t even know I existed. They never talked to me, only giving me some food and something to drink occasionally, but nothing interacting. If I asked something, they wouldn’t even look at me or give a reaction at all. I was used to it though, I don’t mind it.

Which is why I highly consider the mare in the moon’s offer.

Getting something to eat was quite easy. Putting the stick down for a moment, I had some breakfast. I still had until sundown to decide. Taking a sip from a glass of milk, I thought about it. Maybe it had been all a dream? That I’ve just been imagining the pain in my foot? I shook my head, that’s not possible, I still feel my ankle throbbing like crazy. Sighing, I stand up from my seat and walk back to my room. Again those stairs…

Damn it…

Finally upstairs I sat back on my bed. What will happen if I accept their offer? What will happen if I refuse it? I don’t know… I looked around my room again, nothing really impressing or special. Only the everyday needs actually. I never paid much attention to how I looked, it didn’t matter to me. No one acknowledged my existence, so why should I bother?

After a while my foot started to feel better. I looked outside the window for a moment, noticing that same black figure from before. It was there longer now. I didn’t blink one time until I saw what it was. The form it had was from Queen Chrysalis. My eyes widened as I realized this and I immediately opened my window. At that moment, the figure left my sight and it disappeared again.
Sighing I sat back on my bed. I hated my life, so why wouldn’t I just accept their offer? Probably because they were evil. I didn’t know exactly why they would offer me this chance, but I do know that I want it, a lot.

My life had been one big lie. My family saw me as the ‘black sheep’ and they would do everything to erase me from this world. I don’t have any friends, never had. Since my birth everyone already hated me. I was an accident, one they could not afford. Because of me, my parents hadn’t been able to go on their trip around the world. They hadn’t been able to live their life like they wanted. All because of me. My father wasn’t really my real father either. My mother had been raped by another man. Everyone had helped her to come over it and eventually the rapist had been caught. Still though, I was a mistake, but they couldn’t erase me. I wasn’t wanted.

I was the child of a rapist.

Because of this, I wanted to leave my world, leave from this horrible life and start a new one. A fresh start, all by myself. This was why I truly consider the offer I was given, but I know I can’t trust them. I had to make a decision though, it was already getting time for bed.
The day had gone by quickly, my parents came home in the afternoon and gave me something to eat. After that they would just leave me alone. I didn’t mind being alone, but it was getting boring sometimes. At those times I would leave through my window, because my parents don’t allow me to go outside on my own. I would walk outside for a while before heading back.

Today, I hadn’t left home. I stayed here to think about the offer. Maybe it had been just a normal dream and I wouldn’t meet them ever again. But everything felt so real. I had to make a decision, even if it wasn’t real, just to be sure.

I sighed and laid back in my bed. I had made a decision. Now I only needed to meet them again to tell them what I wanted. This was the biggest decision I had ever made. If I chose wrong, I would regret it the rest of my life, I knew that. I had to choose for the right thing to do. I had to do the right thing.

But that would mean I wouldn’t be able to leave my miserable life.

My eyes fluttered close and my mind started to drift away. The blankets hugged my cold body and heated it up. My breathing became calm and I fell asleep.
I woke up from a slight chuckle. It sounded familiar. My eyes opened slightly and revealed none other than Nightmare Moon. She grinned widely at me. Her teeth were shimmering in the dim moonlight. I tried sitting up, but my body wouldn’t let me. I was frozen on my place. I looked around. It looked like my room, but darker and creepier. I groaned when a sudden pain hit my ankle. A chuckle filled the air again.

“Oh dear, still having some trouble with that foot?”

I looked up at the dark mare. Her eyes showed dark amusement as she lured over me. My eyes filled with fear even though I knew it was a dream. The mare of the moon gave a slight chuckle again before continuing.

“Have you decided?”

I couldn’t answer. My mind clouded, my mouth went dry and my body trembled with fear. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest and my breathing became ragged as the dark mare bent over me more with a slight frown on her face. She was obviously annoyed by my silence, but I couldn’t get anything out of my mouth. I tried talking, but to no avail. The darkness flooded over me and from fear I closed my eyes.

When I reopened my eyes again, I was met with emerald green, dragon-like ones. They stared back at me with amusement and determination. I felt my body starting to calm down, even though Nightmare Moon’s eyes were still watching my every move. I stood up slowly, taking in my surroundings. I was in the dark forest again. The one from my previous dream. There was a slight hint of the scent of burned leaves in the air. Even if it wasn’t much, it made my nose cringe.

“Answer, Anna”

The night mare spoke, waking me from my thoughts. I looked back at the creature. It’s eyes were still focused on me. My whole body trembled with fear, but I didn’t show it as I answered. The words heavy on my lips, but still bearable.

“I want to know…” I started, the creatures eyes looked at me curious. She did not know what I was going to say. I held my breath as I thought over every word. I had to be careful. “What will it do for you, if I accept your offer?”

A wide grin found its way on the creatures lips. It’s teeth shone brightly, even though there was no light to make them shine. I backed away slightly as the whole creature came to sight. Nightmare Moon was still as amazingly intimidating as ever that it made me scared all over again. My confidence sinking away as my eyes filled with water.

No.

I couldn’t cry. I just couldn’t let my fear through. I had to stay strong. I had to make them answer. I straightened my body posture and held a confident look in my eyes as I talked again, trying to make the words sound confident and strong.

“Answer me”

The grin on the creature’s lips grew even wider and its mouth opened slightly, a chuckle escaping her lips.

“Well, well, well. I see you desperately want to know that”

Nightmare Moon let out a chuckle and walked back in the darkness. I held my breath as she disappeared. What was she going to do? I focused my attention to the place the mare had just been and held my guard up, being sure not to let it down.
When she came back, another pair of eyes stood beside her. They were also green, like Nightmare Moon’s, but they were much more darker. A grin was on the creatures face as it approached me. It was the last villain that had been introduced in the series until now.

Leader of the Changelings, Queen Chrysalis.

I swallowed a lump in my throat as my breathing started to fasten again. I had trouble taking enough air in and started to feel cramped. Like I was in a isolated room, with almost no air. It hurt in my chest as Chrysalis bent over me. Her voice was intimidating, even more than I could ever imagine, and her eyes showed a hint of curiosity as she talked.

“We want you to know..” She started. “…that we want to help you. To help you ‘escape’ your miserable life so that you could help us” She finished. I looked at her with disbelief, my eyes wide. Why would I help them? She chuckled slightly. “My, my, what are you a strange young girl” She said. I gritted my teeth. What was she talking about?

Nightmare Moon came back into vision again as Chrysalis backed away slightly. The night mare looked at me with amusement, but there was a hint of irritation in her eyes too. As if she wanted me to hurry up and decide. I took a deep breath and looked back at the two creatures determined. I had made up my mind. I was going to decide my fate.

“Alright” I started, a slight crack in my voice from fear, but it didn’t stop me as I continued. “But how would I help you then?” I asked, wanting desperately that they wouldn’t ask too much and just let me enjoy a new life in Equestria.

Another pair of eyes met mine. A pair with uneven red pupils. A chuckle filled the air, soon followed by the form of the God of Chaos appearing. A sharp teeth on one side of his mouth, a beard on his chin, and eyebrows cocked high from ego. I grimaced, he had been my favorite villain so far in the series, but now that he stood here before me, I was terrified.

“How you ask? What about…” He leaned closer to me, almost touching my ear with his mouth as he whispered. “…releasing us”

My eyes widened. I couldn’t do that! That would bring all of Equestria in danger. A long laugh erupted from the God’s throat as he leaned back. A wide grin was plastered on the other two’s faces as a portal opened once again. I stood still, frozen from fear, as I looked at the portal terrified. It opened wide and revealed the land of Equestria. I wanted to run away, so that I wouldn’t get sucked into it, but I couldn’t move. Long evil laughter filled the air as I was pulled into the portal. I had no control of my body. It moved on its own as I entered the world of Equestria. The three villains looked back at me with amusement and eagerness as I fell down. My body trembled and my eyes filled with fear as I fell. The three creatures grinned at me as their forms started to fade until they and the portal disappeared. I fell down faster and realized the worst.

I realized that I had made the wrong choice.

=-_-_-_-=