• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 422 Views, 19 Comments

The Midnight is Here - Midnight Glimmer 1213



Hi. I am Midnight. Midnight Glimmer. Unknown to ponykind. Well, most of them. This is the story of my importance to Equestria.

  • ...
11
 19
 422

Crusading with Midnight

"Tree sap. It has to be tree sap. How many times has our crusading ended with tree sap?!?" Scootaloo was angry at the sticky, annoying tree sap; though the other Crusaders didn't know why. It was more than a few seconds before Sweetie Belle, the unicorn of the group, spoke up.

"This is only the second time it ended in tree sap, Scootaloo." Again, the silence. The setting sun indicated that they should be heading home; already it was causing the sky to look red-orange. But the fillies just stood there, and a tiny snore could be heard from Scootaloo. "Um... Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle tapped her orange pegasus friend, jolting her awake.

"Huh? IWASN'TASLEEP! IWASN'TASLEEP! IWAS- oh. Sorry." Scootaloo looked at Apple Bloom, who had almost fallen asleep herself, and was glaring at her because of being too loud.

"Ah'm gonna go and get this tree sap off me, now." Apple Bloom started walking away, the other two following.

"Yeah, probably a good idea." Scootaloo agreed.

"Why didn't we head back sooner?" Sweetie Belle asked, meaning she also agreed.

They had only gone a few inches before they heard a voice behind them. "Why go all the way back when you can get cleaned up now?" Midnight questioned, standing in the place the Crusaders had just been. As they turned around, they saw the 11-year-old unicorn with her horn lit. Instantly, the tree sap was gone. Midnight spoke again. "Well, your probably wondering how I got here. Actually, I've been over in those bushes. But I didn't want to make noise coming out, so I just used something I call 'invisible teleportation'. It's the same as teleportation, only without the bright flash. Anyway, as to why I'm here, I was wondering if I could join your group, Cutie Mark Crusaders."

It was then they noticed that she was a blank flank, too. "Uh... sure?" Sweetie Belle said, although it was more like a question.
"Great! See ya tomorrow!" Midnight said right before she teleported away.

***

"So, who's ready for some crusading?" Midnight asked enthusiastically.
All three of the original crusaders were. Midnight picked up a scroll and a quill in her magic, ready for the lit of ideas about to come.


1. Cooking
2. Volleyball
3. Swimming
4. Doing Homework
5. Stargazing
6. Eating Cupcakes
7. Animal Caretakers
8. Gardening


The Crusaders read over the list. "Are you sure cookin's a good idea?" Apple Bloom asked Sweetie Belle.
Midnight added, "She's right, I mean, you burnt soup."

Author's Note:

Okay, I know my OC's only 11. But that's what age I created her at, but based on earlier events, she has to be. Assuming her birthday is in between certain dates, and even I haven't decided when it is. Plus We have no direct knowledge of when things happen in the sho, so I don't put a date on this, just to be safe. I don't want to have a date that takes place before the first tree sap incident.

And poor Sweetie Belle, soup... Well... you might be able to burn it, but Sweetie Belle would probably burn water if she tried.:unsuresweetie: