• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 419 Views, 19 Comments

The Midnight is Here - Midnight Glimmer 1213



Hi. I am Midnight. Midnight Glimmer. Unknown to ponykind. Well, most of them. This is the story of my importance to Equestria.

  • ...
11
 19
 419

6 years later

Author's Note:

So, here we are. The longer chapter. Wait for the longest, though.

:rainbowhuh:: It has NOT been six years! It's been six seconds!
:ajbemused: RD, she meant 6 years in the pony's lifetime. not ours.
:rainbowderp: I'm crazy.
:duck: And just realizing it, Darling?
:eeyup: Eeyup.
:applecry: Why am I always left out?
:facehoof:

I had to include Applebloom.
And I seriously made this six seconds (more like 5) after the previous chapter.

Midnight looked out at the sky. "Tonight's the night," she whispered out into the night air. She looked down from the cloud she had teleported onto. Of course, she had to use the cloudwalking spell, but that didn't matter. Her cloud was the only one in the sky, so she had made sure it was a purplish-blue color, but ponies could still see it. So she quickly ducked above the cloud before Twilight could see her. "It's time. For they said, 'On the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars shall aid in her escape.' Guess what? The stars are now doing their job." And with that, Midnight's horn lit up.

" I hope the Princess was right... I hope it really is just an old mare's tale..." Twilight said worriedly, watching four stars touch the moon and the picture of a unicorn head disappear.

"I'm sorry, Twilight," Midnight whispered. "But Luna must come back. We cannot wait any longer. You must use the elements to free her from the nightmare. We cannot wait any longer."

"What did you do with our Princess?!" Rainbow's voice came out firmly from where the new group which would later be called the Mane 6, AJ trying to hold her back.

Nightmare Moon answered back, a little annoyed that those ponies preferred her sister to her. "Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?"

"Ooh, ooh, more guessing games! Um, Hokey Smokes! How about... Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty!" Some ponies turned to look at Pinkie as she spoke, clearly out of hand, (hoof?) and she quickly was cut off. Nightmare Moon spoke again.

"Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

Twilight spoke up, now."I did. And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon – Nightmare Moon!" She tried to hide the fear she had, which she was successful with at first.

"Well well well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here." Nightmare moon spoke with pride.

"You're here to... to... " Twilight Knew why, but she couldn't hide her fear any longer.

"Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!"