• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 4,815 Views, 11 Comments

Warped Reflections - A series of very short one-shots - abcd_z



I occasionally get inspired by other authors' works and write a scene or two from their story in the manner I think it should have went. These are those scenes.

  • ...
2
 11
 4,815

Go straight to Celestia. Do not pass Go, do not spend three years in complete misery.

Celestia and I stood around a shallow pool of water on the ground, contained by a large obsidian saucer.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked.

I nodded. "I honestly doubt you'll believe what I have to say any other way. Please, cast the spell."

Celestia's horn glowed and I felt a mild pressure in the back of my mind. The black reflection in the pool became a moving image of me leaving the train station and arriving in Ponyville. The image and sounds played out exactly as I remember: Pinkie Pie assaulting me under the pretense of "joking around" and repeatedly knocking me flat to the ground, Rainbow Dash kicking extremely painful lightning bolts at me from storm clouds at random intervals, Twilight kicking me out of the library and refusing to discuss it (and then instructing Spike to set me on fire when I wasn't leaving fast enough for her tastes), Applejack yelling at me to "git outta town, we don't want your kind here," and Rarity calling me a "boorish, unkempt, repulsive brute" and literally kicking me out of her store.

With every injustice that Celestia watched she became angrier and angrier. Eventually the images ended and the pressure on my mind eased. Celestia was livid, and the look on her face could have boiled water at thirty paces. She stormed out of the room without a word to me, yelling for her royal chariot.

Celestia didn't give me any instructions, so I decided to stick around the castle and catch some sleep in the guest chambers. Watching jerks get their well-deserved punishment is great and all, but it was getting late and I needed to get some rest. Celestia could take care of the problem herself, and I'd hear about it once she calmed down.

I almost felt sorry for whatever royal whoopass those ponies were about to get from the Princess, but then I remembered the shit they put me though and thought, "fuck 'em".

Author's Note:

This story is based on Ending, by MisterBlonde. The main character received a cordial reception from Celestia, one of the two rulers of Equestria, and yet somehow he never thought to go back to Celestia and report the horrible treatment he received.

If you want to actually see Celestia chewing out the ponies for their wrongdoing, read How many friends have you made today?! by Sarcastic Brony. I didn't go down this road with this mini-story because it really doesn't make sense to me to get upset at characters for doing exactly what I, as the author, made them do.