• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 943 Views, 12 Comments

M'aiq The Liar. - Enigmus



M'aiq knows many things that others do not, that much is plainly obvious. Many call him a liar, but M'aiq knows this to be untrue and unfair. M'aiq will not share his greatness to those who are not grateful for it. Not anymore...

  • ...
1
 12
 943

An Urgent Mission

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad." ~M'aiq the Liar

Today was a day like any other. The sun was shining, the birds were tweeting, and the homeless were raiding through the trash cans that were scattered from house to house for trash day. Yes, it was truly a day in which breathing the air didn't make you want to vomit. The Wonderbolts sometimes screw things up and make the air smell rancid somehow. It's happened a couple of times this week, and it's probably going to happen yet again in the future. The town, Ponyville, had been spared from a massive rain shower that had covered a huge amount of Equestria, but only barely. There had been a light sprinkle for about a minute, but that was about it.

"Twilight! Yoo hoo, over here! TWILIGHT!" A voice called out upon the wind.

Twilight looked around her, a floating daisy sandwich in front of her hung open mouth. She had stopped at a local restaurant to take a break from her busy life, but it seemed her duties followed her wherever she went. She spotted a pink pony bounding up and down on the road, her eyes practically bulging out of her skull. Said pink pony stopped in front of Twilight, babbling incoherently as she tried to gasp for air.

Twilight brought up a hoof and placed it on the pink pony's lips, effectively silencing her, "Pinkie, start from the beginning... I can't understand you when you talk a mile a minute."

Pinkie Pie got her breath back and said, "Twilight, you'll never guess what happened! Go on! Guess!"

Twilight sighed and pressed her hoof against her face in annoyance, "Pinkie... just tell me what's going on."

Pinkie Pie propped both her hooves upon the table and got about less than an inch away from Twilight's face, "You'll. Never. Guess. Princess Celestia sent a letter to Spike! Everypony else is at the castle waiting for you, silly!"

Twilight's face dropped in disappointment, her gaze shifting over her half-eaten sandwich. Why, oh, why can she never catch a break? With yet another sigh, she got up and placed bits upon the table on top of her bill. Pinkie, surprisingly without another word, ran off in the direction of the castle, no doubt expecting Twilight to bound after her. Twilight, however, was tired and didn't feel like bounding in a public area. With two bites, she was able to devour the sandwich. She took off at a fast walk to try to catch up with Pinkie Pie, but trying to not look like a fool at the same time.

The castle, which was a rather new addition to Ponyville, wasn't that far away, so it' not like she had to walk very far. She was still trying to get used to the whole princess thing, and here came along an entire castle. After about four minutes of walking, she had arrived at the entrance to the castle. She opened the double doors with her magic and headed into the castle, making her way to the throne room with the map. All of her friends were waiting in the throne room, but not on the chairs. It seemed that they didn't need to access the map, as they would have already been seated at the chairs by now.

A blue pegasus waved a hoof and called out to Twilight, even though she were less than five feet away from Twilight, "Hey there, Twilight! We already know where we have to go, so the map is pretty useless right now. Just thought I'd point that out."

Twilight approached her friends, "Yeah, I figured that already, Rainbow Dash. So, what do we have to do? Is it some ancient kingdom in danger, a town with a cutie mark problem...? Or are we supposed to figure something out about ourselves? Am I hitting the nail on the head here, or is it something actually new and interesting?"

A filthy, orange Earth pony, piped up in a familiar country accent, "All we know is that we need ta' head to a small town on the edge of the border for some reason. We're not too sure why, though. Apparently there was some magical surge around there that Celestia wasn't familiar with. But the strange part is that she was able ta' sense it from all the way from Canterlot."

Twilight frowned a bit at that, her interest finally being peaked, "Really? She was able to sense a magical surge all the way from Canterlot? It must really be something to be that big. I wonder why high level unicorns like myself weren't able to sense it? Oh well, we'll get the answers we need when we head over there. So... what's the name of this town?"

Rainbow piped up, interrupting Applejack before she could talk, "We're going to a town called Berxley. Ah've never heard of it before, but that's where Celestia wants ta' go, so that's where we're gonna' go. "

Spike, Twilight's pet dragon, looked up from a comic he had been reading, "Berxely? That sounds really familiar. Twilight, didn't we used to know a unicorn that was from Berxley back when we used to live in Canterlot?"

Twilight had heard of Berxley before, but that was a long time ago. She used to talk with a unicorn named Nephyr that was from that town when she was still in school, studying magic. She had almost forgot about him, but at least this gave her a chance to visit an old friend. Even if that visit would have a national crisis following close behind it.