• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 2,780 Views, 62 Comments

Mending Bonds:Daddy's Little Girl - atomicpuffin



4TH Book to the 'Mending Series' Now we all remember sweet Kibou...but what about the other Chaos Child?

  • ...
2
 62
 2,780

Chapter Five

It had been several months since Kibou and Discord had decided to trail the girls in order to keep them safe. The two were starting to grow suspicious and question why they were being watched. Flitter was easier to handle as Discord would simply tell her that Kibou was to watch her until he decided she could be trusted not to run off again.

She would pout, but otherwise it was a sufficient enough answer. Her mother on the other hand… Fluttershy was growing agitated at the fact that Discord was becoming her shadow, but wouldn't explain why. She refused to believe anything he told her, knowing that he was hiding something. It had resulted in several arguments and this time had actually landed him on the couch.

Discord sighed again as he tried to get comfortable. He watched the fire dance and groaned,

"I probably went too far when I tried to distract her like that...guess it only works so many times before she catches on." He snorted and curled himself so that his head was next to his stomach and his tail was hanging off the side. Still he couldn't get settled, he could never sleep if she wasn't by his side. Truly this was the worst punishment she could have given him…

I don't know about that...there are other things you'd miss…

He chuckled at the thought and lifted his head to look back at his bedroom, where his wife was sleeping. He smiled at the fact that even when she was angry with him, she was still adorable and irresistible.

He hated to keep secrets from her and silently promised that soon he would let her know why him and Kibou had grown more protective. He frowned as he laid his head back down and thought of the nightmares that were still plaguing him. He had gone to Princess Luna and asked that she keep the nightmare out of Kibou's mind. She agreed, but wondered why he had not asked for the same.

He didn't tell her that although the dreams haunted his nights, he couldn't ignore them. He was growing more suspicious that these were in fact visions.

If they were, he wanted to know who exactly was the cause of them. He didn't want to be surprised at the last minute like with Morgana. This time he wanted to be prepared and that meant solving the mystery of the voice that taunted him.

"Discord…" His ear twitched at the sound of her voice and he lifted his head back up. She was standing in the doorway to their room and looking at him. He gave her a small smile,

"What's the matter honey? Did you need something?" He whispered and was happy when she gave him a small smile. She stepped to the side and he grinned, interpreting what she was saying. He flew off the couch and to her side, he lowered his head and nuzzled her behind her ear.

"You know I love you right sweetheart?" He whispered and she nodded as she nuzzled into his chest. She sighed and looked up at him before giving him a small kiss on his snout.

"I know and I love you too. I'm sorry I got so angry at you…"

"I deserved it...more than you know…" He murmured the last part and she giggled still. She moved further into the room and smiled at him,

"Come back to bed love. It doesn't feel the same without you and I don't feel right making you sleep on the couch."

He smiled lovingly as she flew to their bed and snuggled under the covers. He followed behind her and crawled into their bed, curling around her and sighing in bliss. He wrapped his tail around them and purred as she snuggled back against his chest.

"I love you Fluttershy...I'm sorry I'm being such a pain my love. Trust me when I say I have my reasons...hopefully I can tell you why. Until then...please love...just know I'm doing it for you." He whispered into her ear as he ran his nose along her mane, making her sigh in return.

"Okay...but Discord...I don't like it when you keep things from me. I'm not a helpless filly that needs protecting you know." He grinned as he remembered telling Flitterbee the exact same thing about her mother. He chuckled and moved his snout to nuzzle the back of her neck, making her shiver.

"I know...but you are still my wife and that means I have to protect you anyway I can. I'll tell you everything as soon as I figure it all out myself...deal?"

She sighed as he began to nibble on the side of her neck and nodded.

"Alright, but I have my own deal to make…"

This got his attention and he grinned wider as he ran his tongue along the back of her ear and chuckled.

"Oh? What would that be my love?" He purred as he turned her face to his and lowered his lips to hers. However, she placed her hoof over his mouth and grinned at him. He both loved and hated the look she was giving him. It was cunning, manipulative and extremely attractive...but it also meant he was about to be in trouble.

"Until you tell me what's going on...this…" She rubbed her tail against him and he jumped, his mouth hanging open in shock.

"Is off limits...goodnight honey. Pleasant dreams." She kissed him on the nose and rolled back to her side, facing away from him. He growled at her and grumbled as he settled down next to her, pulling her back against him. He pouted and whispered into her ear,

"You don't play fair..."

She giggled and tickled his stomach with her tail as she whispered back,

"Is that really a surprise?"


Flitter was crouched down in the backyard, hidden behind some bushes. She slid along the ground, moving closer to her target. She grinned, even if she was still under restrictions, there were worse punishments. At least her jailor had a sense of humor…

"Gotcha!" She shouted as she leapt from the bushes and flew through the air. However her hooves met nothing but air and she tumbled to the ground. Flipping over herself several times before stopping on her stomach, her rump slightly in the air and her tail laying over her head. She blew a puff of air to move the white strands out of her eyes and glared at the grinning face staring at her.

Kibou was laying flat on the ground, his face parallel with hers and his nose pressed against hers.

"You really gotta learn to sneak more quietly squirt. I could hear you ten feet away." He grinned and it only made her glare harder.

"I bet you cheated! You used your magic didn't you! Oh, Kibou that's not…" His paw grabbed her tail and she squeaked as he sat up, holding her by her tail as he laughed. She struggled, her legs moving through the air and her wings flapping furiously. Finally she gave up and went limp in defeat.

Her brother laughed again and turned her by her tail until she was staring at him again. She crossed her arms and pouted at him. He chuckled,

"You are the cutest thing ever! You pout the same way mom does you know that?"

She glared at him and snorted. He grinned wider and leaned forward, she didn't like the look he was giving her. She knew that look, her eyes went wide and she struggled twice as hard as before.

She managed to get out of his grip and started to fly away. She heard him laughing as he chased her.

"You can't run from it Flit! Just admit defeat and take it like a mare!"

"NEVER!" She shouted back and put more speed behind her flight. Luckily, even though Kibou was larger, she still managed to out fly him. She grinned as she made it into the living room and raced to her room. She almost made it when she was tackled from the side. They went rolling across the floor, but his soft body protected her.

She ended up pinned to the floor, Kibou laughing above her. He gave her an evil grin and quickly shot forward before she could struggle again. His snake tongue fell out of his mouth and he slowly ran it along her cheek. She squealed, disgusted and it only made him laugh harder.

"EWW! Oh Kibou! I'm going to get you for that!" She shouted and tried to wipe her cheek off on his arm. He laughed and pulled her close, coiling his body around her. His face nuzzled her mane and he chuckled.

"Oh, who's my snuggle buddy? You're so cute when you're mad...you know what this reminds me of? My little Flitter don't be sad…"

Flitter blushed crimson at the lullaby her brother had sung for her each night during the four years her father was gone, hunting down Morgana. It still had the same effect on her, her ears fell back and she instantly stopped struggling. Instead as he brother uncoiled from around her, she willingly stayed against his warm fur.

"Things aren't really all that bad...My little Flitter don't fly away...Daddy will be back for you someday...but until he comes home...you'll never be all alone...remember you are my dear sister...and I love you, my little Flitter…"

She smiled as a tear escaped her eye. She looked up at him and giggled,

"Still as bad at rhyming as ever I see."

He grinned also and wrapped his tail around her, sitting her on his back. He walked outside and chuckled.

"Yeah...but bad rhymes and all...it's still true my little Flitter." He spread his wings and flew towards Ponyville with Flitter hanging onto his horns, just as she had when they were younger. She smiled as she looked down at her big brother. Although he was technically her jailor, he was still fun to be around. She was suddenly grateful to have such an awesome brother, how she longed to be just like him.

Without chaos magic though...I'll never be as great as Kibou...or daddy…

"What's with the sigh kiddo?" Kibou asked as he turned his head slightly to look at her. She covered her expression with a smile and hugged his neck, nuzzling her nose against his fur.

"Just thinking how I'm going to drink more shakes then you."

"As if...this time it'll be my victory." He chuckled and she giggled in response.

"You've never beaten me in a shake drinking contest! You quit out after number fifteen!"

"Where do you put all that chocolate anyways? That never made sense to me." He grumbled and she laughed as she jumped off him and moved to fly in front of him. She flew backwards and grinned,

"What fun is there in making sense?"


Flitter let out a big yawn and snuggled further under her covers, not yet ready to get up. Her ear twitched when she heard her door open. She groaned and ducked completely under her covers.

"Five more minutes mom...It's too early." She mumbled, but there was no response right away. Then she heard her dad chuckling from the doorway, she groaned again.

"Flitter...do you know what time it is?" He asked and her eyes went wide as she tried to untangle herself from her blankets. In the process she fell backwards out of her bed and landed on the floor with a thump. She looked up to see her dad, DL and Cheese laughing at her position. She glared at all three males and grumbled as she stood up, kicking the blankets off. She shot one more glare at them before asking,

"What are you three doing in my room anyways?"

Her friends smiled brightly at her and without warning tackled her back to the floor.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLITTER!" They shouted in unison and smiled down at her. She blinked, she had forgotten what day it was. Her father chuckled again as he leaned against the doorframe.

"They wanted to be the first to wish you a happy birthday. But I want to be the first birthday hug." He held out his arms and Flitter kicked her best friends off as she flew into his arms. Her dad squeezed her tight against him and she nuzzled his chest.

"Happy birthday kiddo. Come on, they're all waiting on you in the backyard."

"Everybody's here already?" She looked up surprised and her dad chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Who knows how early your Aunt Pinkie and Uncle Cheese got here in order to set this up, but yeah everything ready. We're just waiting on the filly of honor." He grinned down at her while she pouted.

"I'm not a filly anymore…"

"Nonsense...I told you, you'll always be a baby filly in my eyes. Even when you're as old as Granny Smith...who knows how old that even is, but you get my point." He said and Flitter laughed harder at his joke. He set her back on the floor and the group made their way outside. When she walked through everyone shouted,

"Happy birthday Flitterbee!"

She smiled at all her family and went to her mom for another hug.

"Happy birthday sweetie. Look at you, my little girl is all grown up."

"No she's not and don't be putting such notions in her head." Discord growled as he curled around the two of them, causing them both to laugh. Kibou came over and nuzzled her behind her ear,

"Happy birthday sis."

She smiled at her family and then turned to greet the rest of the party. She went to her Aunt Twilight and Uncle Flash who were standing next to a baby buggy. She smiled down at the little foal nestled inside. Shining Star was such a pretty little thing with her purple coat and blue mane. Her violet eyes were shining up at Flitter as she smiled down at the foal.

"Hello Star, how's my chaos recruit?"

"Oh please don't call her that Flitterbee, I don't think Aunt Twilight can take you corrupting another of our kids." Uncle Flash laughed as did Flitter, Aunt Twilight just glared at her husband.

"I never said she corrupted him! I just said that he doesn't know how to say no to her since he has a cru-"

"Oh hey Flitter! Come over here and see this thing Uncle Discord made!" Dusks grabbed her shoulders and dragged her away from his parents glaring at the smiles they were shooting him. The two walked over to stand next to Cheese, but she didn't see anything special. In fact her dad was next to her mom talking with her Aunt Rainbow and Aunt AJ.

"I thought you said there was something here for me to see?" She frowned and DL blushed,

"Nah. I just wanted to rescue you from mom. I figured her and dad were about to start lecturing each other."

This made the three friends laugh, but they turned when they heard another giggle behind them. They all smiled at Storm Cloud as she landed next to them and gave Flitter a one-armed hug.

"The Terrible Trio, together again. Happy birthday kiddo, hope you like the gift I got you." She winked and Flitter smiled back. She loved Storm and couldn't wait until the pegasus was officially her sister.

"If it's from you I know I'll love it!"

Storm laughed and ruffled her mane,

"That's sweet squirt, alright I'm gonna head back over to your bro, enjoy yourselves…" She shot a look at the two boys and winked. Flitter tilted her head and frowned as she looked back at her friends. Both were grinning, but didn't comment.

"Alright birthday girl! Time for some cake!" Her Uncle Cheese suddenly appeared under her and lifted her up on his back. She laughed at the sudden randomness that was her Uncle Cheese, it was a wonder at how calm CheesePie was with two crazy parents.

She was taken to a long table and set in the chair at the end. She smiled as all her family sang happy birthday to her and then her Aunt Pinkie hopped around,

"Now make your wish chaos cutie!"

Flitter thought about it then looked at her dad and brother, both were smiling at her. She met her father's eyes and noticed something flash through the pupils before he covered it up. She closed her eyes and thought,

I want to have magic...just like dad.

Then she blew out the candles and the group applauded. She smiled at all of them, then presents were being pushed in front of her by her friends and family. She laughed as she opened each one and thanked the pony that had given it to her.

A professional pranking kit from her Aunt Pinkie and Uncle Cheese. Both mom and Aunt Twilight had groaned at the sight of it.

A new dress from her Aunt Rarity, it was a deep red to match her eyes and it was for the Gala. She was so excited to be allowed to go this year and couldn't wait. Her Uncle Fancy gave her a ruby necklace and hairpin to match the dress her aunt had given her.

As expected, her Aunt Twilight and Uncle Flash gave her some new books. However she was excited to see that two of them were her Aunt Twilight's newest novels. After her success with 'History of Chaos' her aunt had decided to try writing a few fictional works under the same pen name.

Her Aunt Applejack gave her different boxes tied with ribbons and each one held a different treat. She grinned and had to slap Kibou's claw away when he tried to snatch a cookie.

Uncle Spike also gave her jewelry, but his bracelet was different. He had taken several gems and used his flame breath to melt the stones together. It was amazing and beautiful,

"I didn't know you could do this Uncle Spike?" She had looked at him and he explained with a blush,

"I did something similar when forging your aunt's engagement ring." Uncle Spike smiled at his wife and Aunt Applejack gave him a soft kiss on his cheek.

She opened Storm's next, wondering what her soon to be sister-in-law had gotten her. Her eyes widened and she nearly fainted as she pulled out the picture frame. She grinned and shrieked like a crazy fan should.

"Geez what did you get her honey?" Kibou groaned as he tried to clear his ringing ears. Storm laughed as she watched Flitter hug the picture to her chest.

"A photo of the Wonderbolt Derby team, with an autograph from each member."

Flitter jumped at Storm and wrapped her in a hug thanking her loudly, making everyone laugh.

"No problem kiddo. I'm glad to have such a devoted fan as you at all my races."

Flitter nodded and went back to her seat to finish opening presents. She moved to CheesePie's next and laughed as she pulled out a stuffed animal. It was a manticore to add to her collection. She smiled at him and he grinned,

"Now you just need a hydra and a Cerberus to finish off your strange collection." He said and she gave him a big hug laughing. She missed the triumphant look he shot DL as she hugged him.

She was handed DL's present next and smiled at she pulled out a beautiful frame. It held another picture, this one of the entire family. It was taken in front of the Chaos Castle on Hearth's Warming. She smiled as she looked to the center and stared at her friends. She was standing on the backs of Cheese and Dusk laughing. There was an inscription under the three of them.

The Terrible Trio, friends forever no matter what.

She smiled at DL and also gave him a hug, thanking him.

Kibou gave her his next and she gave him a suspicious look as she opened it. He only grinned and looked at their mom, winking. A small squeak came from the box as the ribbon was untied and Flitter gasped as a ferret popped out of the box. Flitter smiled brightly at the little animal as it licked her nose and moved to wrap around her neck. She laughed as is nuzzled her neck, tickling her with its whiskers.

"What's this Kibou? Another animal...really…" Her dad said as he shot the rodent a death glare. They all knew how the animals hated Discord, no matter what he did, old prejudices die hard. Kibou laughed and stroked the ferret's back with one of his claws.

"Relax dad. This little guy is different. I found him hurt a few weeks ago and after nursing him I trained him so he would be a good companion for Flitter. He shouldn't be any trouble unlike mom's animals."

"My animals are not trouble! Just because you two can't give them the patience they deserve." Fluttershy glared at the two and both her son and husband snorted in derision. Discord reached towards the newcomer and it hissed at him. He sighed and then chuckled,

"Oh well…One more pest to torment."

"You will do no such thing daddy! You won't hurt little Kirby here…" She cooed at the ferret who responded like all animals did to the young pegasus. Discord sighed and rolled his eyes,

"Great...just what I need...another Fluttershy, ow!"

"I heard that…" Fluttershy jabbed him in the side and he leaned down to kiss her.

"Okay Flitter, last is mine and mom's gift to you." Discord smiled and handed her the small box. She smiled and opened it, then she looked at them confused as she pulled out a crystal ball. She looked at her dad and tilted her head, he smiled and answered,

"Shake it, like a snowglobe."

She looked down and picked it up, giving it a slight shake. She gasped as the inside swirled and images appeared. It was flashes of moments with her family. Her mother and her friends, her father and mom, Flitter and Kibou when they were younger.

"What is this?" She asked as she looked at her parents. Discord smiled and curled around her, taking the ball in his claws.

"Think of it as a photo album that can replay memories. It was your mother's idea to give you a photo album and I used my magic to spice it up. Now all you have to do is shake it and it will show you different moments. Between me and your mom we got quite a lot in there, but you can add your own."

"I can!" She exclaimed, beaming up at her father who laughed and nodded.

"Here, hold it between your hooves…" He placed his hands on her two hooves as she held the crystal between them like he said.

"Now just think of a moment that you'd like to remember later on."

Instantly she thought of her brother curled around her on his bed. Watching the image of their father smiling down at them as he sang his lullaby to her. Discord's eyes widened as he watched the image in the crystal ball. Then they softened as he smiled at his little girl, he had missed her terribly during that time too. He never wanted to miss out on that much of his children's lives ever again.

"See, that's all you have to do." He whispered and Flitter gasped again as she opened her eyes and smiled at the image before it disappeared. Then she turned her smile up to her father and threw her arms around his neck in a big hug. He wrapped his arms around her and stroked her mane.

"I love you little Flit…" He whispered and she kissed his cheek.

"I love you too daddy."

"I love you mom." She said as her mother moved to them and Flitter flew into her arms.

"I love you my beautiful girl. Happy birthday."

After the presents, they all ate the chocolate cake and chattered. The adults mostly talked to each other and the Terrible Trio chatted among the three of them. Then as some of the guests started to leave with final birthday wishes and her father was cleaning the backyard, Flitter felt a tap on her side.

She turned to see DL standing next to her smiling. She returned the smile and tilted her head at the determined look in his eyes.

"What's up DL?" She asked and he swallowed. He took a deep breath and shot a quick look to where her dad and his mom were talking while they cleaned.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? You see I...well...I got something else to give you, but it's kinda silly and lame. So I didn't want to give it in front of the others." He whispered with a small blush and she giggled, nodding. She followed him to the side and they even went into the forest. Not far, but enough to make her nervous since she was still under close scrutiny from her father.

Dusk stopped and taking another deep breath, turned back to face her. She smiled and tilted her head again.

"Alright DL, what's this embarrassing present you talked about?" She asked, laughing slightly as his blush deepened. He took a step to her and gave her a weak smile.

"Close your eyes. I don't want you to see it until I'm ready."

She rolled her eyes and did as he asked.

"Must be really lame if you're acting this embar-" She was cut off as he gave her a quick peck on her lips. Her face flushed a deep red as her eyes snapped open. Her ears lay back against her head as she looked at DL in surprise. He smiled weakly at her,

"Happy Birthday Flit…" He ran past her and back to his mom, leaving her standing there shocked. She turned and walked to the edge of the trees, she could see DL and Aunt Twilight leaving.

"What was that all about?" She muttered and shook her head trying to clear the blush from her cheeks. She blew air through her lips and muttered,

"Pfft...boys…"

"Well hello there little one...I heard it's your birthday."

Flitter jumped and spun around, her ears once more against her head and her tail tucked. She stared up wide eyed at the creature behind her. It was an alicorn, but...different from any of the princesses she knew. Its coat was white as snow, with yellow eyes and its wings looked like that of a butterfly.

"W-who are you? Y-you s-shouldn't be h-here...this is the...Castle of Chaos...my daddy won't like...it if he…"

"Oh I know all about your wonderful daddy, sweet, little one. He and I know each other very well. That's why I'm here, I wanted to give his beautiful daughter a gift for her special day." The alicorn smiled sweetly, but something inside Flitter told her this mare was bad news. She associated it to her father's instincts.

"But...you never answered my question...who are you?" She whispered and backed up further, wondering how long until her dad noticed she was missing. She didn't want to run and risk angering this unknown creature.

The mare smiled and chuckled, then bowed to Flitter.

"Dear Princess of Chaos, I am Queen Titania. I am Queen of the fairy ponies."

Flitter stopped backing up and looked at her suspiciously, tilting her head.

"Fairy ponies? I've never heard of…"

"You wouldn't have. We are very secluded and keep to ourselves, only revealing us to those that are very special. Like you dear child of chaos." Queen Titania smiled at Flitter again and although she was still suspicious, Flitter didn't feel as afraid.

"Okay...so...you said you wanted to wish me a happy birthday?" She whispered and the queen a nodded. She used her horn to pull a pouch from her saddle bag. She floated it to Flitter and sat it at her hooves, smiling.

"Inside that bag is a very special powder that when mixed with tea will grant you one wish for twenty four hours. So choose this wish carefully little one." The queen bowed again as Flit's ear twitched. She turned her head to see her dad looking around for her. When she turned her gaze back she gasped as the other mare was gone. She frowned and looked all around, but saw no sign of the queen.

"There you are! Flitter what are you doing in here? If your dad sees you here your grounding will double. Next thing you know, he'll chain you to his leg." Her mother said as she stood on the edge of the trees looking in on Flitter.

"Flitter...is everything okay? What are you looking for?" Her mother asked worried and Flitter looked down at the pouch still at her hooves, then back at her mother.

"Just Kirby mom...he ran off and I was trying to call for him."

Her mother smiled and pointed back at the house.

"I just saw him run into the house with a cookie in his mouth. I think he got into your treats from Applejack. Come on sweetie before your father has a heart attack."

Flitter nodded and turned to follow her mom, picking up the pouch with her tail and tucking it away in the long strands, out of sight.

One wish for twenty four hours? Does that mean I could see what it's like to have magic like dad and Kibou? Wait Flitter...don't just trust this strange mare...do your research.

She decided that tomorrow she would go to the library in her Aunt Twilight's castle and look up this Queen Titania and fairy ponies. If it turned out to be true, then she would decide what to do with the pouch hidden in her tail.

Author's Note:

Okay that's chapter five:yay:! Sorry for the long wait, but I'm still taking things slow so that I don't run head long into that wall again...that tends to hurt after a while:pinkiecrazy::derpytongue2:...Well I hoped that you enjoyed this chapter. Please let me know what you thought by leaving a review!