• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 2,746 Views, 62 Comments

Mending Bonds:Daddy's Little Girl - atomicpuffin



4TH Book to the 'Mending Series' Now we all remember sweet Kibou...but what about the other Chaos Child?

  • ...
2
 62
 2,746

Chapter Ten

Twilight looked up at the Chaos Castle and took a deep breath. She looked over to Rainbow,

"Are you sure you heard right?"

Rainbow nodded and glared up at the castle. Pure fury radiating from her every pore.

"Yes. It was definitely Fluttershy screaming in pain. I would have rushed in to get her, but the place was swarming with changelings."

Twilight frowned at this and looked around at the barren yard. Not a single creature was stirring and it gave her pause.

Apparently Applejack was thinking the same thing.

"If this place was crawling with enemies before…where did they all go?"

The two mares turned to Rainbow who shrugged.

"I left to get you girls right away so I don't have any clue as to what happened. But we can't sit outside chatting about it all day."

"You're most certainly right Rainbow." Rarity spoke up as she moved forward and pointed towards the castle.

"We should just be grateful that at this moment we can easily get in. Chrysalis is no doubt expecting us."

"Which is exactly why we're staying out here. We have to fully assess the situation and gather all the information we can. This is the best course of action to take down the changelings."

Twilight interjected with Rarity and Applejack nodding while Rainbow sighed.

"Okay…I get needing information…but then why in Celestia's name did you send Pinkie!?"

As soon as the group had made it to the castle Twilight had sent Pinkie to do surveillance, much to the surprise of the others. Pinkie was the best at going unnoticed in odd situations. The only creature better at it than the pink mare was currently out of commission.

"She has an unnatural ability at stealth, so she was the most logical choice."

"Logic should never be mentioned around my home." A deep voice growled from behind them, causing them all to jump and turn.

"Discord!" Twilight hissed, annoyed that he had startled them.

"What are you all doing here? You have to leave now!" Discord growled back, glaring at Twilight.

"No way partner! There's no way in Tartarus that we would abandon Flutters in a crisis like this." Applejack said and Discord turned his glare on her.

"You idiots are playing right into Chrysalis' plan. You have to leave now! Before you ruin everything."

This gave the mares pause. Twilight looked around confused and suddenly things were starting to make sense.

"It's a trap. That's why there aren't any guards around. They knew we would come…but how did you?"

"I intercepted one of Chrysalis' soldiers. He was being sent to bring you all here. Seems that was pointless as you are here anyways. Look, I don't have time to explain. The five of you…one-two-three…where's Pinkie?"

His eyes widened and he slapped his face in frustration.

"You didn't…please tell me Miss 'I'm smarter than all of you' didn't send her alone!"

Twilight glared back and held her head high.

"You should have more faith in her Discord, Pinkie is very capable-"

"How long?"

"What?" Twilight paused, having been caught off guard by Discord's tone.

"How long has she been gone?" He asked again and the girls all looked between one another worried.

Discord growled deeper and moved past them and looked up at his home.

"She's already been taken then…the rest of you have to get out of here before they get you too. We can't risk her getting all of you. She may already have two."

Twilight stepped up next to Discord and frowned.

"Why does it sound like you know more than you're letting on? Discord…What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing…but this is something that I have to do alone. Go home, see to the safety of your families. No doubt Chrysalis will target them same as she did with mine."

Rarity stepped forward, obviously confused by that last statement.

"Wait a minute darling. I thought Chrysalis targeted you because of your magic? Isn't she trying to gain more power through you?"

He sighed and looked back at his friends. They could see him hesitate in what he was about to tell them. However it was Twilight that provided the answers, finally seeing what this was all about.

"No. I think she was just starting with his magic. To take down a strong defense on our side. Why else would she immediately go for Kibou after? Think about it girls.

"She's not doing all this to cause us pain and misery. This is not a personal vendetta like I originally thought. She's taking down the strongest players first in order to make the rest easier to deal with…she's actually thinking this time."

Discord looked down at Twilight and nodded.

"So you understand now? What's really at stake?"

Twilight sighed and nodded reluctantly. Then she glared up at him again.

"We'll come with you. We just need to come up with a new plan."

"Twilight-"

"No. No arguing this time mister. You won't be doing this alone like Morgana." Twilight interrupted and he groaned.

She lifted her hoof and placed it over his paw.

"We're family Discord. That means we face challenges together."

"It's because we're family that I can't risk you being here. Twilight, please…" He said as he stared at her with pleading eyes.

Twilight hesitated again, not used to seeing this side of the draconequus even after all these years. She sighed and shook her head,

"We can't let you do this on your own Discord. You have to learn to let others help you. You're always running off on your own in dangerous situations and it only lands you into more trouble."

He opened his mouth to protest and it was Applejack that came up to him and placed her hoof over his mouth.

"No more wasting time with words. Ya can't change our minds. We're with ya to the end partner!"

"Yeah! Come on! Let's go kick some changeling flank!" Rainbow shouted from his other side.

Discord looked at the determined faces of all the mares and shook his head, smiling.

"I think that you've all been hanging around me too much. You are turning out to be just as reckless as I am."

They only smiled brighter at him and turned to face the castle, ready in battle position.

"So what's the plan? Or do you even have one?" Twilight asked, making Discord grin wider.

"Do I ever?"


Flitterbee crouched low as she crawled through the low brush. If she was caught it would be all over. Her father would be so angry to know she had disobeyed him again.

'Don't leave this spot young lady.'

He had said as he set her inside one of the tents. She had argued and protested greatly with him. Begging him to take her along, she didn't want to sit by and do nothing while her family was in danger.

However, as usual, her father hadn't listened and insisted that she stay in the camp where it would be safer. She had to admit that she had been surprised to see how many soldiers Princess Celestia had brought along.

"I have to make it back home."

It had only been an hour after he had left her when she'd had enough. She had been wandering around the tent in frustration and had eventually decided to leave and explore the camp grounds.

While walking she had looked towards home and realized what she had to do. She couldn't sit and wait. She had to be there by their sides in the fight, after all this was all her fault.

"I have to be there when this all happens. If I'm right, that queen is counting on defeating dad before her spell runs out."

She looked up at the sky and noted the changing colors. There was only a few more hours before the spell would run out and the chaos magic would return to its proper owner.

"But if dad tries to fight her before that time…I have to make it!"

She began to gallop towards her home, praying that she could reach it in time. She had to set things right and fix the mistakes she's made.

The castle began to come into view and she put more energy into reaching it in time.

"I can make it! I'm coming everyone! I'll show that changeling that you can't mess with this mare's family!"

Flitterbee skidded to a halt as she saw a group of changelings coming into view. She tucked behind a bush and slowly peeked her head over to see.

Luckily the group hadn't noticed her as they were preoccupied with something else. Flitter watched as several struggled with what they were carrying on their backs.

"Careful you fools! We can't let too much harm come to these foals."

"Oh what does it matter? The queen is going to dispose of them once we've gotten what we came for anyways." One griped as he tried to readjust what he was carrying.

The head of the group glared back at the two arguing, frustrated at the delay. During their hestitation, Flitter took a closer look at what they were carrying.

"DL! Cheese!" She gasped as she recognized her friends lying unconscious on the creatures' backs.

Anger began to rise inside her and she felt that strange energy fill her being once more. She walked out of her hiding place and the changelings turned at the noise.

Their eyes widened at the sight of the glowing pony. Flitter was once more encased in a soft yellow aura and her red pupils were glowing.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll let them go…NOW!" She shouted and the ground shook with her anger.

The changelings backed up worried and turned to the leader of the group for advice. He swallowed and looked just as terrified as the others in the face of the angry mare.

"I said…Let them go!"

A shot of yellow energy flew through the air and hit the changeling carrying Cheese on his back. The changeling writhed in pain in the air for a minute before he was encased in a bubble.

Despite his attempts, he couldn't burst through it. The remaining changelings looked from their comrade back to the pony and panicked.

The leader turned tail and ran, shouting over his shoulder.

"Forget this! First that blast in Canterlot and now this psycho pony! I'm out of here, the queen can finish this crazy plan on her own."

The ones still standing their gaping turned to look back at Flitter and found her directly in front of them. She gave them a wicked smile, her eyes glowing brighter. And then…

"Run." She whispered and they screamed, dropped their loads and took off as well. Flitter caught the small bundle before it hit the ground.

"Hey there little one…how are you sleeping through all this?" She asked with a smile as she looked down at young Shining Star.

"You cowards! Come back here and help me! You'll pay for your treachery!" The changeling continued to shout insults at the fleeing changelings before they disappeared from sight.

Flitter then moved to her friends and began to rouse them from their unconsciousness. She nudged each of their muzzles, while still cradling the foal in her foreleg.

"Come on guys. Wake up!" When they continued to lay there she sniffled and lowered her head.

"I really need you right now…" She whispered.

"Ungh…W-What…happ…"

Her head shot up as DL opened his eyes and groaned. He looked up and met her smiling face, noticing the tears in her eyes.

"Flit? What are you doing here? Where…where am I?"

He sat up more and looked around the forest. At that moment Cheese also began to stir and opened his eyes. He looked up at Flitter and smiled.

"I knew we'd find you…you can't split up the Terrible Trio."

Flitter grinned and leaned down, nuzzling her nose against his.

"Never!"

She waited as the two of them gained their footing and then handed Star over to her brother.

"Thank Flit." He whispered while watching the filly.

She nodded and then frowned.

"What happened? How were you captured by the changelings?"

Cheese sighed and looked at Dusk.

"They attacked the castle and caught us as we were trying to flee. We managed to fight a few of them off, but there were just too many."

Dusk nodded and frowned at Flitter,

"If they came for us…Then it stands to reason that they've also gone after the others too. I think their targeting the families of the Elements. Why? I don't know, but that would be my guess."

Flitterbee nodded and looked towards her home.

"I would say that's the safest bet too." She looked up and glared.

"Luckily we won't have to guess anymore."

The colts looked up to see the still caught changeling sulking in his bubble. Until he noticed Flitter glaring at him.

"What?!" He shouted. Then the bubble burst and he fell to the ground. He started to take off when a weight on his tail stopped him.

He turned and cowered down in fear. Flitter had one hoof on his tail and her eyes were once more glowing red.

"Oh no you don't…now we need answers and we'll get them."

The changeling growled and spat her.

"I'll never speak! Do your worst!"

Flitter ducked her head, hiding behind her mane. She raised her head and the changeling was surprised to see her eyes shining brightly. However not with her magic, but with a strange emotion he didn't recognize.

"Please…" Her voice had taken on a softer tone and it caught the creature off guard.

"I know that deep down, you know that what you're doing is wrong."

Dusk's and Cheese's mouths fell open. Completely confused as to what Flitter was doing.

"Attacking us and taking innocent foals hostage is not the way to get what you want…"

"How do you know what we want!? You don't know what it's like to be a changeling! So don't pretend you understand us." The changeling huffed and Flitter nodded.

"You're right. Look at me…just a plain pegasus. There's nothing special about me…especially compared to my father and brother."

"Hmph…" He snorted.

Flitter continued and as she spoke the changeling began turned back to look at her.

"But I do know what it's like to want. And to want something so badly that you'll do anything to get it. Even when doing so…ends up hurting those you love." She looked back at Cheese and DL.

Then she looked back at the changeling who was looking at her strangely. She could feel it softening and continued further.

"I wanted to have chaos magic more than anything. To be great like my father was and like my brother. But since I've gotten this magic it has done nothing but cause pain and misery to those around me…I should have realized long ago that it's just not who I am."

"This is a sweet story and all, but what does this have to do with me?" He growled. Flitter smiled sweetly at him and removed her hoof from his tail.

"You and your kind aren't cruel by nature. I know that that's not who you are on the inside. You've just been led astray by the lies and greed of one of your own."

"Don't you dare insult my queen!" The changeling growled and turned to face Flitter, baring his fangs. Flitter remained calm and sighed,

"I admire your loyalty to her, but you have to admit that all of this is crazy."

That made the changeling hesitate.

"Well…some of us don't see why we have to…What am I saying!? Get out of my head!" He placed his hooves over his ears.

Flitter reached forward and took one of his hooves in between hers. The changeling blushed slightly and its eyes widened.

"I know that you don't want to betray your queen, but she has betrayed all of you by placing you in such a dangerous situation. You don't know my father like I do…if anything happens to my brother or mother…he'll…it won't be pretty…" She whispered and that struck home for the changeling. He looked down guiltily as he confessed his doubts.

"Some of us…we…we were worried about this plan from the start. It doesn't seem like our majesty is thinking of the hive anymore. Just of her own ambitions…we…we were hoping that Black Widow…that she…" He stopped and Flitter prompted him to continue.

"Who's Black Widow?"

"The queen's daughter and heir…she's not like her mother. She cares for all of us and is always looking after our wellbeing. She…she was against this plan from the start…"

Flitter nodded and looked back at DL. He nodded as well and stepped forward,

"You know…if you help us now. We can help your clan out in return. If Black Widow inherits the throne there may finally be peace between our two nations. Your kind won't have to hide in fear, you'll be protected under our laws."

Flitter turned back to the changeling.

"Your kind survives on love right?"

The changeling nodded, confused by the question. So Flitter elaborated.

"Does it hurt when you feed on a pony's love?"

"No…most of the time they don't even notice that much. Only when you do it for too long and purposely drain their energy as well. We'd run out of food if it wasn't allowed to replenish over time. Love doesn't flourish when one is in pain…"

"Then the best thing for you and your family is to help us after all." She beamed at him. He frowned.

"Why? Why should I even trust you ponies? You could just be playing me for a fool."

Cheese moved forward and grinned,

"If we were trying to play games with you there are much better ones to choose from. Flitter is quite adequate at chess…and torture." He grinned and the changeling swallowed nervously.

Flitter laughed and put her hoof on the changeling's head,

"He's teasing you! Tell me something. What are you feeling right now?" She smiled at him. The changeling looked down frowning further. Then his eyes widened and he looked up at Flitter.

"Love…it's faint but it's there…feeding me…but…but I'm not even in a form from your family?"

"That's because it's the real you that I'm growing fond of. I've now seen your heart and I know that you and I could…if you wanted to…become friends one day."

"F-friends? You…you'd really want to…be friends…with a f-freak like me?" He asked and the colts were surprised to see tears actually forming in its insect eyes.

"Have you seen my family? We're all freaks! You'll fit right in!" She laughed and patted him on the head again.

Now they could clearly see the changeling's eyes shining with unshed tears.

"I was always told that ponies hated us…"

"Don't believe all the lies you're told." DL said with a smile.

"We're not all bad. There are some who refuse to accept those that are different, but they are few and outnumbered by the rest of us. You also have my word as a royal that I will do everything to protect you and those that stand with us against the queen."

The changeling narrowed its eyes again, but before it could protest Flitter interrupted it.

"You don't have to doubt a promise from DL. He's the most honest colt I know. When he gives you his word you can count on it with all your heart."

"Changelings don't have hearts…" It mumbled and Cheese came over and laughed, placing his hoof on the creature's chest.

"That's just crazy talk. How are you alive if you don't have a heart? All creatures have hearts, even if it's WAY down in there…like Uncle Discord and spiders!"

Dusk and Flitter laughed, knowing how Cheese was terrified of the things. The changeling looked around at the laughing ponies and could feel the love and joy filling him to the brim. He felt the corners of his mouth turn up and without realizing it, he began to laugh along with them.

"Hey Cheese! Look, you have to be the first to make a changeling laugh!" DL pointed out and it made the group laugh harder.

Flitter sighed and looked up at the sky. They hadn't been in the clearing for too long and there was still time to make it to the castle.

"We have to go. Look…hey what's your name?" She asked and it looked down.

"We…we don't have names. Only the royals are named."

"Then how do you tell each other apart?" Cheese asked and the changeling just shrugged.

"We just can."

"Hmm…well if you're going to be our friend you'll need a name." Flitter thought out loud. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Would you like me to give you one? I'm pretty good at naming my animal friends, but it's only if you want me to."

The changeling thought about it and then nodded.

"Hmm. There was this one name I read in a book…it was Delshad…it means happy heart…would…would you like that to be your name? We could call you Del for short." She asked and was surprised when the changeling smiled and nodded.

She laughed and put her hoof around his shoulder.

"Alright Del, welcome to the group of misfits that is our family. So… I know that this is asking a lot of you but…"

"Say no more! I will help you. I think it's time for a new era in our hive. One that isn't shadowed by fear and hate." Del said as he smiled. Flitter hated to admit it, but it was kind of scary to see one smiling so much.

"There's just one problem. I don't have any clue on how to get into the castle undetected." Dusk said and Flitter smiled at Del.

"Then let's go in detected." She said and winked at Del who smirked and nodded in agreement.

"Huh?" DL and Cheese said as the same time while looking at each other.


Chrysalis was growing impatient with this whole thing. Ponies could be so irritating when they put their minds to it. The Elements should have been here by now along with that pesky Lord of Chaos.

"I'm growing tired of waiting." She growled. Her anger only rising as she heard a soft chuckle coming from behind her.

The pegasus had regained consciousness and was laughing at Chrysalis.

"What's wrong Chrissy…things aren't going as you planned?" The mare chocked out and the taunting tone only flared Chrysalis' anger more. She bared her teeth and charged up her magic to strike down the pony once more.

The doors behind her burst in, blasted from the outside. The sound brought a smile back to her lips and a calmness settled over her as she smirked down at the pegasus.

"No…they are going exactly as I planned." She turned and greeted her guests. Quickly putting up a shield to protect from the magic blast aimed at her.

"Now, now…it's rude to attack your host before greeting them. Ponies have such terrible manners." She chuckled and met the eyes of possibly the angriest creature alive, who looked fit to kill.

"Discord…what a pleasant surprise. I would have thought you'd be here sooner. So disappointing. I thought you cared about them more." She glanced back at the mare and the younger draconequus lying beside her.

When Discord noticed that his son wasn't moving he snarled at the changeling.

"Kibou…I swear Chrysalis…if you've hurt him I'll-"

"You'll what? From what I understand you don't have any magic at this moment."

"But I do!" Twilight shouted and fired another, stronger blast. This time Chrysalis teleported away, knowing she couldn't shield from a blast that strong.

Chrysalis looked at the scorch marks on the wall behind her, dangerously close to the pair lying on the floor.

"Tch, tch…careful now princess. You wouldn't want to hit your friends on accident."

"Don't worry. I have excellent aim." Twilight hissed and Chrysalis smiled wider.

"Keep her busy girls…I'm going to try and revive Kibou. His magic can turn the tides in our favor." Discord whispered and the others nodded as he slithered away.

None of this escaped Chrysalis' notice and she watched the creature move towards his family. Allowing it; after all, he was no threat at the moment. She instead focused her attention on the ponies trying to surround her.

"Ah this is going to be fun." She cooed.

Discord rushed to his family, quickly dropping by Fluttershy's side.

"My darling…What has she done to you…" He whispered and he looked over her battered body. Her soft fur was scratched and frayed in so many places, her once vibrant wings now hung limply at her sides and her beautiful eyes were red from the tears she had shed.

He cupped her face gently and rested his forehead against hers, feeling tears fill his own eyes.

"I'm so sorry…I should have come here sooner but I…"

"Shh…" She whispered and smiled up at him.

"I had faith that you would come…Discord, what about Flitter?"

Discord kissed his wife's forehead and nodded,

"She's safe. I got to her before they could…with the help of a friend of course…" He turned to Kibou and shook his son's shoulder,

"Come on little hope…we need you right now kiddo…you have to wake up."

"It's no use. She cast some kind of sleep spell on him, nothing will wake him up."

Discord looked over at Fluttershy and then glared back at Chrysalis.

"I know one thing that will wake him up." He crouched down and sprang himself towards Chrysalis, who had her back to them.

He opened his claws and jaws, prepared to tear the creature apart. However, at the last second, Chrysalis tucked herself down and Discord skidded across the floor.

"Nice try little pest…but I'm not that stupid. What do you suppose I was doing all those years you were nestled all cozy here? Preparing for this exact moment when I would finally get what I've aimed for."

Discord growled and looked back at the girls, they were breathing hard. Everything they had thrown at the queen had missed. Somehow she had known each of their positions and what they would try.

"She's not kidding Discord…" Twilight whispered,

"She must have been training for this over these last twenty years…we can't land a single blow."

"Can you activate that odd rainbow power the tree gave you?" He asked.

"No…even if I knew how to do it on command, we still have no idea where Pinkie is." Twilight whispered back.

Chrysalis' laugh brought them back to her and Discord growled, stepping in front of the girls.

"Discord, what are you doing?" Applejack hissed.

Discord ignored her and kept his sight on the monster in front of him.

"We've got to buy some time…" Was all he said.

"Discord, what are you-" Rainbow was cut off as Discord jumped away from them suddenly.

He launched himself at Chrysalis once more and she shot his away with her magic.

Discord fell to the ground and winced in pain. Getting hit without his healing magic was more unbearable than he imagined it would be.

"Enough of this Chrysalis. What is your game? Surely you didn't come all this way just for little ol' me?" He hissed as he forced himself back to his feet.

"That is for me to know. All you need to know is that thanks to the precious daughter of yours…your purpose has been fulfilled."

She shot another blast at him and Twilight barely managed to jump in front of him and shield them before it hit. She turned and glared up at the draconequus.

"Don't do that again you idiot!"

Discord only grinned.

"This is ridiculous!" Rarity groaned as they moved next to the pair.

"Everythin' we throw at her just ends up bitin' us in the tail-end." Applejack gritted through clenched teeth.

"And we still don't know if she actually has Pinkie Pie." Rainbow whispered and Twilight nodded as she frowned and looked around.

"Your right…you think she would have revealed her already if she had her?"

Discord frowned as well and then his ear twitched and he looked up. He grinned and turned his attention back to Chrysalis.

"You think you've calculated all of this perfectly Chrissy. But you made one big mistake." He chuckled and Chrysalis frowned before regaining her composure.

"I doubt that. But just to humor you…what is this big mistake of mine?"

He smiled and pointed up.

"You didn't learn the layout of my castle."

Chrysalis frowned and looked up just as the gravity defying Pinkie pulled open a door on the ceiling.

"What in Tartarus!?" She shouted as a massive amount of green slime fell from the room and flew towards the queen.

Chrysalis teleported away from where she was as the slime hit the floor and solidified into a giant marshmallow.

Pinkie let go of the door and did a freefall before bouncing of the marshmallow and landed in Discord's arms.

"Good catch Dissy!" She laughed as she smiled up at him and he grinned down at her.

"I'm sorry for doubting that random chaos living inside you." He replied.

Chrysalis growled and glared at them.

"What was the point of that!? All it did was get you all together again for me! That wasn't even a real attack! It made no sense!"

"Normally I would agree with you, but in this case there was a purpose for that." Discord grinned as he set Pinkie on the ground and kept Chrysalis' eye contact.

"What!?" She shouted back, her calm cracking a bit.

"This!"

Chrysalis turned just as Rainbow rammed into her at top speed. The force of the impact sent the changeling flying across the room and crashing through a wall.

"Oh and I really liked that picture…" Discord mumbled as he looked at the new hole.

He went to Fluttershy's side again and rested his paw on her head.

"It's okay now love. We've got her…I-AH!" He was thrown away from Fluttershy by a strong blast of green magic.

"DISCORD!" Fluttershy screamed and tried to run to his side, stumbling several times. She fell at his side and crying nuzzled his face.

"No not again! Please Discord you can't…"

"I'm okay love…I'm bruised up, but nothing like last time." Discord groaned and lifted himself up on shaky legs.

"Did you really think it would be that easy!?" Chrysalis shouted and glared down at the ponies beneath her. She landed and growled at the group.

"I have waited far too long for this moment to be taken down by such a weak attack."

"Weak!? I'll show you weak!" Rainbow shouted and started to charge after the changeling, but Pinkie stepped in her way.

"No Dashie! It's just what that meanie expects you to do!"

Chrysalis laughed,

"So there are some brains hidden deep within that head of yours."

There was an uproar of noise and the girls huddled close as a swarm of changelings filled the room.

Chrysalis grinned and stared down at the ponies.

"Finally…my children have returned. Funny thing about families…they can bring so much joy and yet…cause so much pain."

Twilight narrowed her eyes at Chrysalis and growled,

"What are you talking about?"

Chrysalis laughed and nodded to her changelings. The swarm parted by where Kibou had been laying. Now laying around him were several other bodies.

Each of the mares cried out for their loved ones as they saw all of them lying on the ground unmoving.

Spike, Storm, Sweetie Belle, CheesePie, and Dusks Light were all there next to Kibou.

"Chrysalis you monster! How dare you attack my son! I'll-" Twilight shouted as her horn glowed with her magic.

"You'll do exactly as I say or these precious creature that you all hold so dear will be killed."

Chrysalis interjected as her changelings moved in closer to the group. The mares shouted again and Discord growled.

"This is low…even for you."

Chrysalis chuckled and shook her head,

"There are no rules in war. Only the strong survive. Now let's take a little walk shall we? And don't try anything or I won't hesitate to destroy these creatures."

"What do we do Twilight? How can we stop her while she has Sweetie and the others?" Rarity whispered and Twilight looked at her son. Worrying about Flash and little Star, where were they?

"For now we just have to do as she says."

They allowed the changelings to move them towards the exit and through the forest. They kept their eyes on their families which were being moved along with them.

It proved difficult for them to move Spike's and Kibou's larger forms, but with several helping they managed to take them as well.

Fluttershy looked over to Discord who was growling and snapping at changelings as he tried to move to her side.

"Discord!" Fluttershy tried to go to him, but was blocked by more changelings.

Chrysalis stepped forward and grinned at Discord.

"Oh no…not you. I plan to deal with you soon. For now you will remain here, out of my way."

Fluttershy shouted and turned to Chrysalis.

"No! Either you let him come or I won't cooperate with you!"

Chrysalis snorted and looked towards Kibou.

"You are in no position to make demands. Remember I also have your son, the same one whom you were begging for. If you come quietly I'll rethink my decision on your offer before."

Fluttershy looked between Kibou and Discord, not wanting to have to choose who to save. She wanted both to be safe.

"It's okay honey…go, I'll be fine." Discord whispered and Fluttershy looked up into his eyes. Only she read the hidden message within the bright orbs.

I'll be with you again soon, nothing can stop me.

So she sighed and turned to follow the others as they were led out of the castle.

"Be careful Discord…"

Author's Note:

Well that's it for this chapter:pinkiehappy:. Sorry it's messy I'm editing it before running out the door for work lol. I was going to add more but I think it would be better to save it for chapter eleven. So I'm sorry for those that have just thrown their computers across the room. For those that are still here (lol) let me know what you thought and I will start on chapter eleven. Thank you all for your patience and for sticking around.

A/N okay so it was 'suggested' (basically another dare by the evil one:trollestia:) that I do a Q&A for you guys. Now I'm still on the fence :twilightoops:about it so I'd like your opinion. Would you like to submit questions for a Q&A Yes or No, leave your answers in the comments!