• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 2,747 Views, 62 Comments

Mending Bonds:Daddy's Little Girl - atomicpuffin



4TH Book to the 'Mending Series' Now we all remember sweet Kibou...but what about the other Chaos Child?

  • ...
2
 62
 2,747

Chapter Four

He stared around him in confusion. Everything was black and there was a thick fog hanging on the ground. Growling low, he slowly made his way forward trying to figure out what in the hay was going on.

"Discord!" He turned at the sound of her voice calling to him in the distance.

"F-Fluttershy?"

"Discord help me!"

He shot into action and ran towards the sound of her voice. He tried snapping his fingers, but his magic wasn't working. He ran faster in order to get to his love. Another scream in the dark brought him skidding to a halt.

"Daddy! Daddy help me!"

He turned his head in the other direction as sweat ran down his neck.

"Flitter? Honey is that you!?" He called out, but she didn't respond. He ran towards her voice and instantly came to a halt as Fluttershy screamed in pain. His head kept swinging back and forth in terror as both his girls cried out for him.

"ENOUGH! WHAT GAME IS THIS!" He called out, growling at the unknown cause of his suffering. The fog began to clear and he looked to see Fluttershy and Flitterbee. Both in serious danger as unknown shadows moved in on them. However, he knew he couldn't reach both of them in time, not without his magic.

Panic gripped his heart as he raced towards them anyways. He had to protect them! Had to find a way to keep them both safe.

"You can't save them both…" A voice hissed in his ear and he growled as he pushed himself to run faster.

"They're both so weak and helpless...how can they protect themselves when you are unable to be there?"

"No...Fluttershy! Flitterbee! Hang on girls, I'm coming!" He shouted and both turned to stare at him. Fear in their beautiful eyes as they cried out for him.

"You can't save them both Discord...you'll have to make a choice in the end...which one means more to you I wonder? Your beautiful wife, who has stood by your side even in your darkest hour? Or your precious, little girl, who is so much like you, your own flesh and blood, and your legacy?"

"Discord!"

"Daddy!"

"Choose Discord...you can't have them both...you don't deserve to have everything when I have nothing…NOW CHOOSE!"

"DADDY!"

"DISCORD"

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"


Discord shot up in bed. Sweat pooling over his body, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he took in much needed air. He turned to his right to see her darling form still next to him. He sighed in relief and ran his paw over his face.

Just another nightmare...they may be getting worse…

He leaned over and gently kissed her cheek, before slipping out of bed. He moved silently down the hall and peeked in on his little one. He could see her black mane falling over her pillows and her side rising with each breath.

He quietly shut her door and sighed. He ran his paw over his face again and groaned.

"Maybe I'm just having these weird dreams because I'm hungry?" He muttered. Instead of just snapping his fingers he decided to go raid the fridge. Every now and then, Fluttershy insisted on cooking dinner.

Not that he would ever complain about that. She was an amazing cook and he could never replicate her skills with his magic. He went into the kitchen and opened the fridge's door, poking his head in as he looked for something tasty.

"Can't sleep again?"

He jumped and his head hit the hard surface of the inside of the fridge. He growled as he pulled his head back, rubbing the sore spot and turned around. Kibou was sitting at the counter, a steaming glass of hot chocolate in front of him. His son was wearing a worried expression as he stared at Discord.

"What are you doing up little hope? Shouldn't you be-"

"I asked first...Dad, this is the third night in a row I've heard you get up in the middle of the night. What's wrong?"

Discord looked at his son and suddenly wished he didn't have his mother's eyes. Those teal orbs burned into him same as hers, demanding his answer. He sighed and snapped his fingers, making a second stool appear so he would be sitting on the opposite end, facing his son.

When he sat, Kibou snapped in own fingers and a second glass appeared in front of Discord. He smiled at his son and took a small sip, not bothering to cool it down first. He liked the scalding heat and it didn't burn his tongue, some days being a chaos master was a wonderful thing.

"It's nothing to worry about little hope. Dad's just got some things on his mind since..."

He stopped and sighed as his ears flattened. Kibou didn't need him to finish though as he took a drink from his glass and looked at his father. When he set it back down he also sighed and nodded in understanding. Both knew that Discord's worrying had started after Flit needed to be rescued from the Timberwolves. Discord stared down at his reflection in the hot chocolate.

What Kibou didn't know though, was that Discord's worrying ran much deeper after his daughter had explained why she did it. To think that she was feeling left out and somehow inferior since she lacked chaos magic. He had tried to talk to her again about it after that night, but she refused to speak another word on the subject and it was really worrying him.

He didn't want her to get it into her head that she had to prove herself, yet knowing her...and the fact that she was his daughter...he knew it was only a matter of time.

"Dad...have you been...having nightmares these last few nights?"

Discord jumped at the question and looked at his son. Kibou wasn't looking him in the eye and he had a strange look about him that made Discord wonder what was on his son's mind.

"Yeah kiddo...they're just dreams though. I'll find a way to get rid of…"

"I don't think they're just dreams…" Kibou whispered and Discord frowned. Kibou raised his gaze back up to his and the worry and fear in his teal eyes tugged at Discord. His heart began to beat harder as he swallowed and asked,

"What makes you say that son?"

Kibou fidgeted in his seat and his ears lay back against his head as he looked around the kitchen. Finally his son sighed and looked back at him,

"I've been having nightmares about Flitter too...I think it's a bit unsettling that we're both being woken up from these haunting images."

Discord looked at his son and couldn't help it, he chuckled.

"Oh little hope...you've been hanging around your paranoid Aunt Twilight too much. Ponies...well in our case, draconequus' can have nightmares at the same time without it being too much to dwell on."

Kibou was about to argue when Discord flashed next to his son and placed his claw over his son's lips and smiled at him.

"We were both in the woods when Flitter was attacked son. It's natural for the two of us to be more jumpy than usual. Come on, we both need to get some sleep. After all perfection like this must be maintained as Rarity always says, and that takes effort." He kissed his son on the forehead and patted his shoulder as he passed him to leave the kitchen. Kibou turned his head and frowned at his father's back.

"Mom's always in it too…" He whispered and Discord stopped cold. He turned his head slightly to stare back at Kibou. His son was still sitting on the stool, glaring at the older chimera, he took a deep breath and continued.

"In my nightmare...it's the same one every night...I'm running through a thick fog and can't see anything...all I hear is mom and Flit calling to me for help…"

The more he spoke the colder Discord got.

"Then...this voice whispers in my ear that I can't save them both...that I'll have to choose...Eventually I see them both, being attacked by some strange creatures. However I can't reach them both in time...and just as the voice keeps taunting...I'd have to choose. Usually I wake up before anything else happens...but tonight...tonight was different. This time...dad they weren't calling for me…"

He got off the stool and flew over to stand in front of his father. Kibou was now standing on two legs so he was only a few feet shorter than Discord. He wrapped his arms around his dad in a hug and instinctively Discord's own arms embraced his son. He felt little hope shiver in fear as he whispered,

"Dad they were calling for you...I could hear and see them as they cried out. But I was trapped, I don't know why, but I was stuck and couldn't move. I could only watch as those creatures moved in on them and they cried out in fear. I also heard you calling out for them and I saw you running to reach them...then that voice...her voice…"

"Her?" Discord frowned, he had never identified the voice in his dreams. It was always muffled and distorted beyond recognition. Kibou nodded and looked up again, tears in his eyes.

"Dad...these are no dreams. I think they are warnings...visions to warn of something coming, something that's threatening our family...and...and I'm scared. It wasn't that long ago that Morgana...she...she killed you...Dad, what if something like that happens again...only to...Flitter or mom…"

Discord's heart stopped at the implications Kibou's words held. If these dreams were truly a warning, then they had to make sure they were ready.

"Well...if something is threatening our family...we will take care of it together. Hey, relax little hope…" He lifted his son's chin to make him look up at his father.

"Hush now my little one...nothing bad is going to happen. These are just silly nightmares that we happen to be sharing...and…" He interrupted Kibou as he was about to speak,

"And...if something does come to attack...we'll be ready. It's always better to be safe, especially with our family's track record for dangerous encounters." This got a laugh from his son and Kibou nodded as he seemed to be getting control of himself. He wiped away the tears and floated in the air, smiling at his father,

"I know that look dad...what's the plan?" He asked and Discord chuckled. He looked around the kitchen and sighed.

"I'd rather keep this from your mother and sister. At least until we know for sure that something is really wrong. Until that time though, we have to keep close to them. One of us always has to be around them. It's the only way to ensure their safety."

Kibou rubbed his chin in thought and grimaced.

"Mom n the brat aren't going to like this...both will make things difficult but...shall we play a game of earth, water and fire to see who gets the harder of the two?"

Discord thought about this and tried to decide which he would rather trail. Neither would be a very pleasant experience, but he knew which one would give him the harder time. Kibou smiled at him, knowing what he was thinking, both of them were in agreeance which was the scarier of the two mares.

"Alright, ready? One...Two...Three...Element!" They shouted at the same time and held open their claws. Floating above Discord's was a ball of fire and he grinned. Until he looked over and saw a perfect sphere of water above Kibou's. His son was grinning even wider.

"What! But you always choose Earth! Gah! How did you...ah Tartarus...this means…" Discord groaned and slapped his paw over his face as Kibou laughed,

"Yup...this means you get mom."

Author's Note:

That's it for chapter four, sorry it's so short. I'm kinda hitting a wall with this one and so I'm having to step back and analyze it more to see what I want to do. I did warn that the chapters would be unpredictable in their length lol. Well I hope that you still enjoyed this one and the hints at what's going to happen later on. Please let me know what you think by leaving a review, like I said I get worried when people don't comment cause I wonder if it's not that good then. Hopefully I can get around this maze in my head and figure things out, until next time!