• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 417 Views, 22 Comments

Metal Wings - Halfpaw



One will alway see the sky and wish to touch it. To soar like the thousands who do it everyday. Naive to the gift they have been blessed with. But what will one Earth pony be willing to do to fly like his heros?

  • ...
1
 22
 417

Alone in Canterlot

After about an hour of prepping I had managed to make my long brown mane presentable. Though it had taken many mane products to do it, I knew it was for a worthy cause. My mane along with my freshly washed bronze fur and neat coat made me quite dignified, or striking.

Yes I think striking is it.

Now I realize it is never a good idea to rush a mare when it comes to makeup but I had no intentions of being late to the Games and we were already slightly behind due to a slight delay in transportation.

I left the room to find my mother in a dress which I was surprised we could afforded, but I decided not to question as it would not gain me any points in my favor.

With a faked expression of shock I said,” Mother you look… stunning.” I wasn’t lying either she truly was beautiful.
“Why thank you my little gentlecolt”, she replied nervously in her mesmerizing voice.

“You truly are the most beautiful mare I have ever seen”, I said a smile never leaving my face as I honeyed her in my kind words. She blushed and I asked “Are you ready to leave, you said we have to be there at 1:45 and the train is already going to be late.”
“Yes we can leave.”

“That is excellent! Here let me help you with that as we leave.” I carefully picked up our baggage throwing them over my back, then using some magically enhanced magnets to attach them to my back.

I opened the door and gestured with my hooves for her to leave. She passed me her dress running over my nuzzle. I felt an itch and attempted to suppress an upcoming sneeze.

“Achoo!”

I failed.

“By Celestia are you alright”, asked my Mother.

“Of course I am sorry to concern you”, I answered politely. “But let us not delay any longer.”

“All right, all right. I get it I’m slow”, she responded with a laugh.

Oh if only I could tell her exactly how slow she was, but the last thing I needed was for her to start crying and demand to redo her makeup.

I started laughing with her as we headed to the exit. I looked up at the clock, buck! 2 minutes behind schedule!

Guess I’ll walk faster. I thought releasing a deep sigh.


Finally.

Exiting the train felt amazing, the cool breeze over my fur felt amazing after having spent the last 2 days stuck in that Celestia forbid train without fresh air. I felt as if the wind had washed away may years of hard work and stress I had experienced working in the barn as I lowered myself down the rungs of the ladder, that was used to get down the ground.

After making it down I gave a quick glance over to my mother hoping to see her getting ready to lower herself as I did. I was pleased to see she was and head to the closets map that happened to be about 20 hoofs in front of me, making it convenient for travelers such as myself to find our destination.

Looking at the map I was pleased to find that our hotel, The Golden Oak, was not a mile away.

Glowing with relief that we were not going to have to walk all over town I looked over the bagged on my back to see my mother, who was taking her sweet time, making it to the ground.

I sighed as I walked over to her to tell her of the good news, the path to the hotel already memorized in the short time I had scanned it.

“Mother, the hotel happens to be much closer than we expected”, I said loudly trying the best I could to talk over the loud crowd of people leaving the train.

“That is great Cal!”

“Yes here let me help you with that then we will leave there immediately.” I was in a rush to leave and I would never admit it but this was in part of the great weight of the bagged that laid on my back. I should be able to hold it for a large quantity of time having the magically enhanced physical strength of a Earth Pony, but magic could only come so far and I’m afraid sitting in ones barn tinkering all day doesn’t particularly improve one’s endurance or build.

I turned to leave the boarding/exiting area and started walking. I put my googles over my eyes to serve the double feature of providing me with more visibility due to the mirrors which I had added to the sides, and to make me look awesome. They of course did both of these tasks with tremendous success.

I looked at the sides of my googles to get a glance of my mother, which I was pleased to see hadn’t lost me as I walked zigzag expertly through the crowd of tourists here to see the games, and the Canterlot upper class.

I glanced over to the sides of the googles again only to see the back of my body in the mirror like building behind me.

So that’s what my tail looks like from behind…

I was honestly a little disappointed, sure it looked decent! But it didn’t look as amazing as the front of me.

Guess I’ll have to find something to fix that I thought with a frown. Maybe I could have my mother help me with a couple new types of tail styles, or maybe I could go to that new mane cut place near the town’s bakery. I mean sure it’s expensive as Tartarus but I’m sure mother could pull out a few bits to do it.

Yea I’ll just ask mother that usually never goes wrong. I looked out the side if my googles again expecting to see her again… she wasn’t there.

I turned my head around in a violently, desperately hoping I hadn’t lost her when I got distracted by my ridiculously handsome tail.
Buck! I couldn’t see her.

“Mother”, I called loudly truly hoping that I really hadn’t lost her. This was turned out to be a fruitless action as that only caused several of the pony’s to look at me funny, and the last thing I needed was for some mare who thought I couldn’t take care of myself to try to “help me” find her.

Buck! When we get home I’m going to attach a tracker to that mare. I swear she can’t last a second without me.

Author's Note:

Like I said in the last chapter I am new to this whole writing thing and any criticism or suggestion are requested.
Other then that I hope you enjoyed the new chapter I have no school tomorrow so I may be able to squeeze in a extra chapter though I promise nothing. Also thank you for the support on the last chapter it was amazing to me that I even got a like at all.