• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 2,179 Views, 46 Comments

My Final Decision - Sillyponyme



Sonata struggles with recent events

  • ...
13
 46
 2,179

Trust Me

It was twelve in the afternoon and Sonata was still in the hospital. Nurse Redheart had told her that she could leave at ten but then some “complications” came up. All Sonata wanted was to leave now and make things right but all she could do is read and watch T.V. for the time that she would be here. Reading wasn’t her style and so watching T.V. was the only thing left to do. She grabbed the remote, turned on the television and flipped through the stations. She didn’t stop flipping until she passed the news station and something caught her eye. She flipped back and saw both Adagio and Aria speaking with the news lady.

“Tell me girls, what are you going to do now? The entire town knows of the battle of the bands at Canterlot high so as of now, you have no power left.” Sonata listened and watched and noticed the statue behind the three. Why were Adagio and Aria there, it’s not like they would be welcomed back to school. Going back to Equestria didn’t even cross her mind. “What are you two doing?” Sonata asked and Adagio answered, the news lady, not Sonata.

“Well, now that we have a portal back to Equestria and our new gem pendants, we just need to power them up and we will have our power back. We will have everyone bowing to us and no one will be able to stop us this time; not even those wretched girls from the battle of the bands.” Adagio didn’t mind telling everyone what they had planned, it wouldn’t make a difference. She turned to leave but stopped and shook a finger in the air as she turned to face the camera again. “I almost forgot something, if Sonata Dusk is watching this, good luck loser.” Adagio laughed as she turned around once again and jumped through the portal.

Sonata cocked her head in confusion. “First they hate me and tell me to get lost, then they wish me luck and then they go back to hating me? I think they’re confused.” She picked up the remote to change the channel but a face appeared on screen. It looked vaguely familiar to her with it’s blue and purple hair. Then it spoke in a whisper just loud enough for Sonata to hear. “Remember my dear, remember who you are.” Sonata screamed and the face vanished as Nurse Redheart burst into the room.

“What’s wrong, I heard you scream and you’re pale.” Nurse Redheart felt Sonata’s head and then ran out of the room and grabbed some water for Sonata. When she returned, Sonata was gone.

Sonata had to get out of the hospital, she couldn’t take it anymore. Whatever was going on in her head made her uncomfortable. Her head still hurt a bit but she was willing to deal with it. Her stomach ached and it made her feel like throwing up. After the accident the last night, she hadn’t rested as peacefully as she normally would, considering the nightmares she had from time to time. Sonata was quickly growing tired and now wanted nothing more than to sleep in her own bed. “Forget making things right, maybe it isn’t worth it. I’m going insane so why try.” Unfortunately there was no place to go. The door to her previous home was sure to be locked. Sonata started to sprint when the doctors called out for her to stop.

Once Sonata was out of the hospital, she was able to ditch the doctors by climbing into a dumpster. She sat back uncaring that she was waist high in garbage. Despite the terrible smell, it was better than being in a hospital room with nothing to do. Her stomach then growled greedily for food.

With nothing left to do, Sonata began to think about what Sunset had said about her being alone. Maybe she could stop by and grab some food and it wasn’t like she had any pride left anyway. The problem was, she had no idea where anyone lived. With no determination left, she tried to think of her mother and what she would say but it didn’t help at all this time. She was feeling more and more alone as the time went and her mind seemed to be going. “Mom, where are you, I’m scared and I don’t know what to do. Why aren’t your words helping me anymore?” Sonata listened in hopes that maybe her mothers words would help but when they didn’t, she broke down and cried.

After a while of crying, the dumpster opened from the outside to reveal Applejack and the others. “Sonata, what are you doing in here?” All the girls had worried expressions but Sonata just glared at them.

“Why do you care, it was you and your stupid friends faults that I ended up this way. You just can’t leave well enough alone can you?” Sonata shoved her hand upward into the lid of the dumpster causing Applejack to let go and back up to keep from getting hit.

“Let’s go girls, she doesn’t care.” Rainbow Dash turned and walked off with all but Sunset, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie following. “What are you doing, she doesn’t want help. There is no use in fighting her and besides, you heard what she said.” Rainbow said confused by her friends actions. Why should they help the siren? It wasn’t their fault Sonata didn’t have friends.

Sunset thought about what her friend had said and found the answer. “I didn’t want help either remember. When I first got to this world, I didn’t need friends or didn’t think I did. I used people from the moment I learned to walk on two legs. I was probably a bigger monster then Sonata and the other two and yet I’m here with you five. She may not want help but she sure needs it. She needs a friend right now and I want to be that friend.” Rainbow shrugged and walked off. The others looked back and forth between themselves and nodded.

“Good luck Sugarcube.” Applejack and the others turned and followed Rainbow Dash away.

Sunset inhaled deeply and then lifted the lid to the dumpster and smiled. “Sonata, you want to go for ice cream? I’ll buy.” Sunset reached out her hand for the blue girl but Sonata didn’t take. “Look, I know how you feel Sonata. Alone with no one to care about you.”

“With the want to be loved.” Sonata said.

“Just so you don’t feel, worthless.” The two said in unison. They both smiled and Sonata took Sunsets hand before pulling her into the dumpster.

“That’s for ruining our plans and thank you.” Sonata jumped out of the dumpster rather clumsily.

“Thank you for ruining the plans or for being here for you?” Sunset asked unsure what it was she was being thanked for even though she did have an idea.

“Thanks for trying to help, I don’t know why but I feel like I don’t really hate anyone. My head hurts and I keep seeing my mother in my sleep; now that I think about it, she was the face I saw on the T.V. in the hospital.” Sonata grabbed Sunsets hand and helped to pull her out of the dumpster. She rubbed the back of her neck before she started to cry. She saw her mother on the T.V. and in her dreams. Why was this happening to her, why was her mother doing this? They both felt a drop from the sky as it began to rain again. “Oh great, I’ll probably get hit by another tree.”

“No you won’t, I’ll be there for you when you need it but you need to trust me, can you do that?” Sunset smiled but it didn’t last long. “Are you ok Sonata?”

Sonata made two fists and shook from the anger rising. “No I’m not, because you can’t say that to me. That’s exactly what Adagio and Aria said to me and look at what happened. Just stay away from me.” Sonata took off running in the opposite direction.

“What just happened?” Sunset asked as the rain began to pour down. She lifted the umbrella she had over her head. “Princess Twilight, I need you.” She stood there under her umbrella wondering how she would get Sonata to trust her. Sonata needed a friend and Sunset wasn’t going to give up. The two of them were very similar. “I know how you feel Sonata, please trust me.”