• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 2,178 Views, 46 Comments

My Final Decision - Sillyponyme



Sonata struggles with recent events

  • ...
13
 46
 2,178

The End

Sunset ran as fast as her legs could carry her but what she hadn’t expected was being shot at. The bullet cut her ear as it whizzed by her head. She flinched and grabbed onto her ear. She felt her ear to get an idea on how deep the wound was and at the same time, began singing. She wasn’t sure why she thought now was a good time to start singing but she started regardless. She didn’t get far before she was tackled to the ground and tied up by Pinkie Pie and Rarity. Despite being tackled to the ground, Sunset continued to sing. Pinkie and Rarity’s eyes began to flicker between zombified and normal but it went unnoticed. Sunset continued to sing quietly though it was becoming more talk than song now. “And you can try to fight but we have got the light of friendship on our side.” Sunset was pushed to her knees.

“What…ha ha...do we have here…ha ha?” Adagio walked over Sunset chuckling as she walked. She was clearly going insane from the sounds of it. Her hair was a mess and she was all kinds of crazy. Her eyes twitched and her lips were moving as if she were talking but with no words coming out. Her eyes were moving around in all directions and her breathing was rapid. “Ha ha…I’m so glad…ha ha…you could make it to…ha ha…the party.”

Sunset stopped singing and looked Adagio in the eyes or at least tried to. “Let Sonata go, both of you let her go.”

“Ha ha…both of who…ha ha?” Adagio’s head flinched.

“You and Aria, where is she anyway?” Sunset struggled against the rope keeping her down. She had to delay her and Sonata’s execution. If making conversation with the looney in front of her accomplished the task, then she would.

“Ha ha… Aria, she is in a better place now…ha.” Adagio began to wobble around.

Sunset’s eyes widened. “You killed her!” Sunset said and then whispered. ‘It didn’t take her very long to knock off her friend.’

Adagio grabbed onto her head before grabbing onto Rarity to keep herself from falling over. It felt like she had been hit by a truck. “N-no I didn’t, I didn’t kill her.” She fell to her knees and shook her head. She had no idea what just happened, it was as if she had just missed out on some amount of time like she hadn’t been there. The last thing she remembered was fighting with Aria because Sunset and Sonata got away. Now here she was on her knees in front of the two people that could and would ruin her life. “I don’t think I killed her, why…why would I?”

“You don’t get it do you? You’re power hungry and even more so without Sonata around. If you did kill Aria, both you and Aria would be to blame. You will never care about anyone but yourself. You are a killer Adagio, you’re race is now extinct because of you both.” Sunset felt the sharp pain in her cheek from a slap. “You can be as angry as you like but it won’t change the fact that you killed all but one siren in Equestria. Inadvertently sure but you still did it.”

“Shut up!” Adagio knocked Sunset over with a hard punch to the face. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. I saved my race by killing the queen. I gave them freedom!” Adagio screamed and then heard the weak voice of Sonata. “Now you wake up?” Adagio looked at Sonata.

“I’ve been awake.” Sonata looked up at Adagio. “You killed them all. You took me away and pulled me down with you. You and Aria are mass murderers and so am I.” Sonata looked away for a second with the feeling of guilt and shame for leaving with Aria and Adagio all those years ago. Beside Sonata was Pinkie Pie with the gag in her hand. “You and I will pay for our crimes. A punishment worse than death.” Adagio began to turn but Sonata didn’t give her the chance. “Stay and listen Adagio. For the last few hours I was gaged, I was awake and I tried to think of a suitable punishment for you. I just never bothered to open my eyes because while they were closed, I knew you wouldn’t kill me. Pinkie pulling the gag from my mouth was unexpected though. Now Sunset seems to think you can be punished without killing you. So let’s see just how much pain I can cause you but first things first. I see you still have the news crew here. Let’s see how lucky we can get.”

“What do you mean Sonata?” Sunset asked

“Pinkie, could you go get Applejack for me?” Pinkie smiled and ran away and toward the front doors of the school. “Here is what you are going to do Adagio. You are going to have the news crew tape you singing. In the song, you are going to tell everyone watching and everyone within earshot of you that none of this happened. You are going to tell everyone that from the time you first spoke with the news to now that it was all a dream. You will send everyone home and when they get into their beds, this will all have seemed like a dream. You will have no control over them. You will also tell them not to talk about it. It was just a weird dream that isn’t important enough to talk about. You will tell them that if anyone brings it up, it will be passed off as a dream and nothing more.” Sonata paused and looked at the shocked faces looking at her. “What?” Sonata shrugged when no one said anything. “Well, go. Oh and by the way, Sunset and her friends only need to be released from your grasp. No need to convince them of anything.”

Adagio tried to resist but she couldn’t. “I release your friends. I hate you, Sonata.”

“The feeling is mutual.” Sonata said as Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy began to wobble. Adagio had begun singing and it took a few minutes. It had been horrible for Adagio. She had never released anyone from her grasp. Sure, they had been freed such as at the battle of the bands but to release them, it felt disgusting. There had been a lump in her throat the entire time she sang.

Once Adagio finished, the crowd of people separated and soon, the front of the school felt empty. “What now your highness?” Adagio spit vehemently.

“I have one simple question, why didn’t you kill me while you thought I was out cold?” Sonata asked.

“I wanted you shot and killed slowly. One by one, each limb would be shot. I wanted to make you suffer. Looking back, it was stupid. I should have had you killed on the spot.” Adagio growled.

“I see, too bad for you. Now it’s time for your punishment. Hand me your necklace.” Adagio backed away shaking her head. Sonata knew having the ability to sing taken away from a siren was crushing. For Adagio, it was even more so. “Now Adagio.” Adagio slowly grabbed onto her necklace but she couldn’t bring herself to part with it. “Your resolve is amazing. Hand it over now Adagio.” Adagio began to pull at the necklace. Sonata began tapping her foot. “Well, take it off and hand it over.” Adagio finally ripped off her neck and handed it over to Sonata all while flipping her off and cussing her out. “Finally.”

“You will pay for this Sonata.” Adagio said through tears.

Sonata ignored the crying and put the necklace in her pocket. “Until I say otherwise, you will never sing again. You will never leave my sight unless I say so. To put it simply, you will be a slave to me. The only freedom you will ever have is the freedom to use the restroom and speak without my say so. Right now however, you will listen. I’ve realized something and that is that this is a two way punishment. You are my slave but I also have to deal with you every day. To kill you would be preferable to me but you would be free as well. I can’t allow you to go unpunished and before I forget, you do not get to commit suicide. I know you would figure out some way to do it despite what I say. Whether it be jumping off a cliff or stabbing yourself, you would eventually find a way past my orders.” Sonata turned to Pinkie and Rarity. “Do you two know what happened to Aria?” Pinkie raised her hand and jumped in the air saying “ooo me, pick me, I know.” “Ok Pinkie, what happened to Aria?”

“Adagio sent her to prison.” Pinkie smiled wide knowing she had helped solve a mystery, in her mind anyway.

“Great, Sunset, Rarity, go to the prison and have a word with Aria. Bring her back to me and check out her mental state. You have my permission to kill her if absolutely necessary. Adagio and I are going to Equestria so I can show her what she did. As for the rest of you, I don’t care what you do as long as you don’t follow Sunset and Rarity. I’m sure you don’t want to overwhelm Aria by all of you going to see her. That could either get you all killed and make her not want to talk. Chances are she will be on a killing spree or at the very least ready to be on one.” With that said, Sonata dragged Adagio away.

Sunset and Rarity turned to Pinkie, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Applejack who was just starting to wake up. “Girls, Sonata has a point.” Sunset began.

“Quite right, if all of us go in to see her, she may feel interrogated and that’s assuming she is in her right mind.” Rarity took a turn to speak before allowing Sunset to say more.

“Exactly, we just want to speak with her, not interrogate her. For this reason, Rainbow should most definitely stay away.” Rainbow shrugged. “Applejack could come if she was more awake and Pinkie can’t be allowed. I don’t believe an explanation is necessary for Pinkie. I suppose if Fluttershy wanted to, she could come with us. Fluttershy isn’t exactly threatening, no offense.”

“Oh non-taken and I should really get to the animal shelter anyway. Who knows what condition the poor animals are in.” Fluttershy turned and ran off.

You will want backup if Aria is all insane and crazy though right?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes but none of us are exactly at fighting level right now. If she is insane, we won’t be fighting her.” Sunset said.

“Well, let’s get going Sunset. You three should probably get home and rest, I know I wish I could.” Rarity let out a big yawn, then turned to Sunset and nodded. “Shall we go?”

Sunset nodded and began walking away. “Come on, we need to find a ride. Actually, you wouldn’t mind driving, would you? I don’t think I’d feel too comfortable riding my bike right now.”

“Of course not darling. Let’s head to my house and we can take my car.” It had been a long and rather boring walk to Rarity’s. They talked a lot about what would happen with Adagio and Sonata. Would they go to Equestria or stay in this world after all of this was taken care of? Would Sonata take things too far with Adagio? Rarity talked a bit about how she felt completely drained, not that it was necessary. All anyone would have to do is look at her. Sunset could only assume that Rarity’s tiredness was a side effect of being controlled for a long period of time.
It wasn’t until they were on their way to the prison that the question about Aria’s sanity came up. “What do you think she’ll be like Sunset?”

“I’ve got to think she will be more loopy than Adagio. Come to think of it, it could be really bad. I’ve seen how bad a siren can get. That is after at least a thousand years though. I don’t know how fast the change from normal to insane is. All I can say right now is watch yourself.” Sunset looked to Rarity with a nervous expression. As far as she knew, Aria just might try killing everyone in the prison. She didn’t know what they would do except hope that Aria wouldn’t try and kill them. Who knew if they would even be able to talk with the siren. Still, they had to try if she wasn’t out of control. “Let’s just hope for now.” With a deep breath, Sunset leaned back against the seat and relaxed.

“So tell me something, why are we going? Is it only to check up on Aria’s mental state?”

Sunset looked to Rarity with a smile. “We just want to make sure the prison isn’t in complete disarray at this point. If it is, we know to get our friends involved at a later time when everyone has had some rest. If it isn’t, we talk to Aria and convince her to return with us. I’m sure that Sonata will want complete control of her.”

Rarity looked a bit disgusted at the thought of Sonata doing such things. She couldn’t help but believe Sunset had some influence on the decision. “Sunset, you know I love you as a friend should but did you have any influence on Sonata taking slaves over say, something else. Don’t get me wrong, taking their magic away was most definitely the right thing to do but to take everything from them? I don’t know what it’s like in Equestria and I won’t judge but slavery is just wrong.”

Sunset sighed and shook her head. “I don’t disagree and yes I did have an influence on her decision. I don’t take offence, so don’t worry. The problem here Rarity is that there is no viable option and I won’t have her kill them. That’s why this is the only way and I’m glad she realized it.”

“Sunset, slavery can’t be the only option.”

“Rarity, as much as you and everyone may not like it, it had to happen this way. Can you agree that Adagio can’t be allowed to use magic and have the possibility of getting it back.”

“Of course.”

“Can you agree that Adagio can’t be allowed to do whatever she wants because if she can, she will hurt someone.”

“I suppose that is true but shouldn’t she be put in prison.” Rarity just couldn’t believe slavery was the only way.

“You need to know why prison is a bad idea. Without a queen in their lives, they will be driven mad. They will destroy everything and everyone, I’m sure of it. We need to convince Aria to come back and be with Sonata. Sonata is the only one that can control Adagio and Aria. I don’t like the thought of slavery but with those two in this world, its slavery or death.” Sunset put a hand on Rarity’s shoulder. “It really does come down to this being a punishment. This is in their way, prison. They can’t be separated from each other or there would be chaos. Sonata can’t keep tabs on both of them at all times if they aren’t next to her. You have to realize how different sirens are from people. To be honest, I think there could be a different way but every time I see the siren in the prison in Canterlot, I know I’m wrong.”

“You do realize that I’m actually a bit more confused now than before right?” Sunset shrugged. “I suppose not having seen what you have, I’ll have to believe that there is no other way but I still don’t like it.” Rarity came to the parking lot of the prison and parked the car.

“Come on, let’s go.” Sunset and Rarity walked up to the prison gate when an intercom came on. The guard on the other end asked what they needed. “We are here to see Aria Blaze, she is here correct?”

The gate opened up allowing the two passage onto prison grounds. The voice coming through the intercom welcomed them in and informed them what would happen. Sunset and Rarity followed the pathway that lead up to the building. Once inside, the two were met by a guard. “Normally there would be precautions for those visiting but in this instance, you can just walk in. No need to check for hidden weapons or hidden escape items.” Sunset and Rarity looked at each other and then to the guard in confusion. “I can’t believe it myself but Aria, she doesn’t want to leave. She won’t say why though.” The guard led the two girls into the visiting area and left to call in Aria.

When Aria arrived, she sat down at one of the nearby tables and smirked. “What do you two want and where is the backstabber?”

“Who?” Sunset asked

“Adagio, where is that treacherous little b-”

Sunset quickly cut off Aria before she could finish her sentence. “Ok then, well to answer your question, she is a little tied up at the moment.” Aria scoffed. “Right, so what we came here for is you. I’ll be honest, I expected you to be a little insane.”

“Why would I be, you know, more so.” Aria gave an evil crooked grin.

“It’s a long story. We had more than one reason to come here.” Rarity breathed in deep and let it out slowly. “Sonata wants you back with her and Adagio.”

Aria picked up her feet and put them on the table and leaned back. “Little Sonata wants me back huh? Why, I’m not going to make up with Adagio and I’m not gonna be friends with either of them. I have plans and it involves getting back at them both.” Aria paused when she saw the shocked looked on Sunset’s and Rarity’s face. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to kill them if that’s what you’re thinking. No, I’ve got something else in mind but I think I’ll let some years pass me by first.” Aria looked to the side and saw a big man sitting down at one of the tables. He was covered in tattoos and had a few small earrings in his ear. Only his side was visible as he wasn’t facing her. Aria chuckled and pointed at the man with her thumb. “He is one of the reasons it could take me a few years.” The man heard, looked at Aria and winked.

“Ok well, clearly you are somehow ok and not insane or even on the verge of it.” Sunset stood up and took a step away from the table.
Rarity noticed Sunset’s uncomfortableness and stood up as well. “So Aria, if you really want to stay here, that’s fine but one last little question. Where is your necklace?”

“One name, Adagio. She took my necklace and broke before having me put in here. Now if you don’t mind, I’d like to get back to my cell.” Aria stood and walked herself back through the doors she had come from and disappeared behind it.

“Let’s get out of here.” Sunset said as she took off for the door with Rarity close behind. She wasn’t sure what she saw. Did Aria seriously not want to leave because of some prison guy and did she hook up with him? The thought of being with someone from prison while in prison was creepy. Sunset also felt like she had to tell everyone that Aria has a revenge plan. She would worry why Aria wasn’t being driven made but at the moment, she didn’t really care. For all she knew, Aria’s drive for revenge overpowered her need for power.

The trip back was quick and silent. Sunset and Rarity got out of the car and walked over to the foundation the portal had been on. Sonata and Adagio still hadn’t returned from their little trip. “So Sunset, what do we do? What do we tell Sonata?”

“Everything, we tell her everything.” Sunset sat down on the ground and waited only minutes before hearing some voices.

The doors to the school flew open revealing Sonata and Adagio. “Come on Adagio. I get that it was terrifying but come on.” Adagio was inching forward hugging her arms as she walked. Behind Adagio was Lucky trying to help push Adagio along. Sunset and Rarity ran over to save them the trip. “Hey, where is Sonata?”

Sunset and Rarity took turns explaining to Sonata about what happened. They decided it was probably best to leave out the possible boyfriend in prison thing. It hardly seemed relevant. “So that’s what happened.”

“Fine, whatever. Sunset, could you take Adagio home with you? I’m gonna go grab me some taco’s.” Sonata said with a yawn. Sunset grabbed onto Adagios arm and started to walk away when the others showed up.

“Shouldn’t you girls be resting right now?” Sunset asked with her hands on her hips.

“Ya know, it’s hard to do that when a friends having a problem.” Sonata chuckled and smiled. “So what’s going on?” Applejack asked.

“I’ll tell you on the way home Applejack.” Sunset turned to Sonata to say goodbye but found her talking to Lucky.

Lucky was smiling awkwardly. “So Sonata, you want to go out?”

“We are out?” Sonata replied

“No, I mean do you want to grab something to eat?”

“I said I was, it’s about time for dinner.”

Sunset couldn’t take it, she had to say something. “He is asking you on a date Sonata.”

“Ohhhh, well why didn’t you say so?” Sonata smiled at lucky. “I would like that.” Sonata grabbed onto Lucky’s arm and began walking away into the sunset.

The girls started walking away, their arms on each other’s shoulders to form a wall except for Sunset who was walking with Adagio. “You think she’ll be ok.” Rarity asked

Sunset turned her head around and smiled. “She is going to have problems in the future but until those things happen, she’ll be ok. She’ll be ok.”

Comments ( 4 )

The end feels rushed and anticlimactic. I would strongly recommend a rewrite.

5912089
I agree. It's a little hard to make sense of things. There's too much happening all at once and the stuff happening last chapter really doesn't seem to have even been resolved yet much less the new issues that have arisen in this one.

Adagio is apparently an idiot. She 'saved' her race from sanity so they could all have the freedom to go stark raving mad.

When the sirens were banished they were still children. I doubt they were mass murderers. Thumb down.

its great nice work:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment