• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 2,179 Views, 46 Comments

My Final Decision - Sillyponyme



Sonata struggles with recent events

  • ...
13
 46
 2,179

Surprise

It was earlier that day shortly after Rarity and the others escaped with Sonata unknown to Sunset. Sunset grabbed her backpack and book and headed out the door. She decided to get a few things for Sonata to try and apologize for being so pushy. Her first stop had been the flower shop and then the candy store. Lucky for her, the biggest problem was finding which candy Sonata would like best. Should she get plain milk chocolate or something with more to it like milk chocolate with nuts or perhaps some truffles made with white chocolate with a cherry in the middle? After looking over the many confections, she decided to grab a pound of mixed chocolate and candies. It cost her a bit and seemed a bit datish. She had to admit that she was a bit embarrassed by it. She shook the thought from her mind and reminded herself that getting things like this for someone in trouble is kind and that’s it. She then looked at the flowers in her hand. “I suppose the flowers are a bit overkill but all well.”

Sunset put the goodies and flowers in the cart on her motorcycle as a cop car drove by. Normally this wouldn’t worry her but with the recent events; she really hoped this didn’t have to do with Sonata. On the likely chance it did, she decided to see where the cops were going. She followed fifty feet behind so as not to look creepy or suspicious. The last thing she wanted was to be asked questions and possibly taken in for question just for being suspicious.

Once the cops reached their destinations, Sunset sighed heavily. Once the cops were in the building, she drove into the parking lot. She was right where she was hoping not to be at the end of the road. Deciding that she had nothing to lose, she grabbed the items off her bike and slowly made her way into the hospital. Once she was inside, she dropped the items she held and her jaw dropped. Something bad happened here and she hoped more than anything that her friends weren’t involved with whatever happened. “Yeah, wishful thinking Sunset.” She whispered. In front of her were two nurses with ice packs on their heads and one that looked like she would fall over any minute. The last nurse was Redheart speaking with one of the officers and that was not a good sign in itself.

Sunset walked casually over to Redheart with confusion written on her face. It was a fair expression as she didn’t have any idea what happened. “Nurse Redheart, what happened here?” She was sure that she would regret asking the question but it needed to be asked.

Nurse Redheart looked at Sunset and glared. She wasn’t happy and she was more than ready to have everyone involved arrested. “Your friends came here and asked me to release Sonata into their care and when I refused; they knocked out two nurses, stole Chloroform which they used to knock me out, freed the patient, and knocked out another nurse before taking off. I should have you arrested just for affiliating with them but that’s unfair to you and more than I feel like dealing with. Your friends on the other hand are getting arrested for what they did.” Redheart felt dizzy and had to grab onto the wall to keep from falling over.

Sunset grabbed a nearby chair and helped Nurse Redheart to sit. She was officially shocked by what she heard. “What were they thinking, idiots.” Sunset slammed her hand against the wall and rubbed her temples with her other hand. After a minute, she found a chair and brought it over so she could sit and talk with the nurse. “Look, please don’t place charges against them.” Redheart gave Sunset a look that said “Really, you’re kidding me.” Sunset knew she would have to be really convincing to keep her friends out of jail. “I know what they did was most definitely illegal but just hear me out.”

“You have five minutes Miss. Shimmer.”

Sunset exhaled relieved that she was at least being given a chance. “I asked my friends to help me convince Sonata to be their friends. All we want is for her to be happy and Sonata likes them more than me. My friends were the best chance at gaining her friendship. I’m sure all they wanted to do was take Sonata out for a fun day and get her to relax.” Redheart nodded.” The thought was if Sonata could make friends, she would stop these crazy suicidal thoughts. I can only guess that when you refused them that chance, they freaked out. Yes, what they did was wrong but they were only trying to be good friends to someone who needs friends more than anything. We know she is having issues but we know that some good friends could help her. Please, I beg of you to let them go. If I have to, I’ll work off any damages that may have occurred but just…please. They were only trying to be good friends, please don’t punish them for that.” Sunset begged and it felt degrading but she was sincere about it.

After some thought Nurse Redheart left and returned twenty minutes later. “Ok miss Shimmer, my colleagues and I have come to an agreement on one condition. You work here for one month part time to help pay off the Chloroform they stole and if I ever see your friends here again because of a suicide attempt, I will personally take them to a mental institute. Do that for me and I won’t press charges.”

“Of course, thank you so much.” Sunset was so relieved that Nurse Redheart had her colleagues were so reasonable. She started to leave when Redheart stopped her.

“You’re a good friend Sunset, not many stand up for their friends like you do. Now don’t get me wrong, I was outvoted. I did my best to convince the others to have them arrested. The only reason I spoke with them at all is because I thought that they would agree to have them arrested. Thanks to your friends, I’m doing damage control and I have to deal with my boss and explaining the whole incident.” Nurse Redheart let out a heavy sigh. “I still want them arrested but I’ll look past it this once.”

“Thank you, very much.” With that said, Sunset ran out of the building and started home. What was she going to do now and was Chloroform really a months pay even part time? Did it really matter? No, her friends were worth it and besides, she would make sure that they didn’t do something like this again. She was going to have a few words with them assuming she found time to and nothing got in the way. Sunset turned a corner when she nearly bumped into someone. Sunset and the person chuckled. “Excuse me.”

“Of course Sunset. My name is Lucky Clover by the way.”

“Nice to meet you and how do you know me?” Sunset asked while shaking his hand.

“I know all about what you and the sirens did. I get it, you were lost and you didn’t want what you though you wanted. I’ve seen it before, even in myself.” Lucky rubbed the back of his neck and smiled wide but not so wide he looked goofy.

Sunset though for a moment and wrapped her arm around him. “So Lucky, let’s talk.” She pulled her arm away and walked toward her home. “Would you mind if I asked you about what you did?” She wasn’t sure why she was being so nice to Lucky as most would have probably called the cops for being a stalker. Who was she to judge though; she did a lot of stalking when she was her former self. She would hear him out at least and he seemed nice enough.

“Sure, the more I talk about it, the better I feel. It started when I was in elementary school. I had always been picked on because I had a hard time in school. Math was confusing, I hate computers or at least I did. I’m not exactly athletic and so on. Despite my inabilities, I still did fairly well. I got a few B’s and mostly C’s in school. That was bad though, I was in a very high class school that I should never have been excepted to go to. Everyone in class got A’s and only every once in a while high B’s. I was always pushed around, bullied and no one ever helped me. Even teachers were cruel.” Lucky stopped when he noticed Sunset had fallen a few feet behind him.

“I was a bully at CHS, I’m sorry.” Sunset apologized. She couldn’t help but feel bad because she didn’t help anyone. She was a bad influence and though Luckys problem was before she arrived, she hadn’t helped younger kids when she was a bully. Who knew if any kids found out about what she did and decided they wanted to be bullies just because they could. Maybe she was just overreacting but even if that were true, she still felt bad. “Please, keep going.” Lucky put a comforting arm around Sunset and smiled. “Thanks.”

“So as the year went, once I left that awful school, I thought I wanted to be one of those bullies, just to keep from getting picked on. I wanted others to know how I felt or at least I thought I did. I actually sent a few kids home in bandages and sent one kid to the hospital. Before that kid, I always thought that I had the respect. To be honest, I never knew what respect was until that one kid I sent to hospital told me that he forgave me. He said that he felt bad for me and hoped that I would also forgive those that made me the way I was. He even gave me a thumbs up and said ‘good luck.’ I had never been so surprised by an act in my life. One person was friendly to me despite what I did to him. I changed again, back to the way I used to be. Well, there were a few changes I made. When I would get mocked by others, all I could do is remember that one kid. I simply said that I forgave them and they stopped.” Lucky wiped tears from his eyes. “The worst part is that it took me a year to figure out how stupid I was.”

“So what was the kids name or do you know?” Lucky shrugged. “You changed and that’s what’s important. You changed even faster than I did.” Sunset let out a small chuckle. “Could you do me a favor and help me watch over one of the Sirens?” Lucky nodded. “Her name is-”

“Sonata, I keep track of others like me. I like to help them if I can. I also have to admit that I kind of like that particular Siren. I know exactly what to do. Lucky started to leave when a thought occurred to him. “Where would I find her?”

“Don’t know, maybe you’ll get lucky.” Sunset was really beginning to wish she had asked what exactly the others were going to do.

“Thanks Sunset, see ya.” Lucky waved goodbye and ran off.

Sunset had spent so much time talking, her stomach began to growl. It was well past lunch time. Sunset was near Sugarcube Corner and walked in when her backpack began to buzz. “You have great timing Twilight.” Sunset pulled out and opened the book.

Dear Sunset,

You were right about the mark being something special. I spoke with Princess Celestia and she told me all about it. Turns out, she was the only one outside of the siren race allowed to know this secret. It will make more sense later. I’m going to let Adagio and Aria through the portal in the morning. Be sure that Sonata and you are there waiting for them and then tell Adagio and Aria that you know what they did. One of the two will deny it out loud depending on who is doing the talking. Once that happens, bring me and Celestia up and I’m sure that Sonata will want to know. Just don’t tell them right away, let Sonata talk to them first before interfering. Good Luck to the both of you.

Sincerely,

Twilight Sparkle.

“Oh boy, this is gonna be interesting.”

Author's Note:

Happy New Year Everyone.