• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 2,174 Views, 46 Comments

My Final Decision - Sillyponyme



Sonata struggles with recent events

  • ...
13
 46
 2,174

Conversation Between Worlds

Sunset ran home as fast as she could after Sonata’s story. When she got home, Trixie was waiting for her and she wasn’t happy. “What is that supposed to be, a prank?” Trixie pointed to the kitchen floor covered in what she thought to be fake blood most of which was almost dry. “This is a real sick joke you know.”

Sunset wasn’t sure what happened in that moment but she snapped. She ran over and punched Trixie and knocked her to the ground. “This isn’t some joke Trixie. I’m trying to help Sonata but already I failed. I leave for ten seconds and come back to Sonata with slit wrists. Once again she is in the hospital and this time it’s because I left her alone. Show a little respect for once and I know; I don’t have much right to talk about showing respect but dang it Trixie.” Sunset paused for a moment before she continued. “Did you think for even a second that something bad has happened?”

Trixie backed away from Sunset while holding onto her jaw a bit frightened and then she accidentally put her free hand in the small puddle of blood. “Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, help me, get it off.” Trixie whined as she shook her hand in an attempt to shake off the blood and clean her hand.

Sunset was in full rage mode now and Trixie was terrified. “You’re unbelievable Trixie, help yourself, it’s what your good at. You only know how to look out for yourself and it makes me sick. What’s worse is that I was far worse than you when it came to looking out for myself.” Sunset walked over to Trixie and stood high above her quivering body. “I have never felt bad about what I did until I actually had friends. Now I can’t look at people in the eye. Keep up your selfish act Trixie and see where you end up.” Sunset walked off angry and tired. Once she reached her room, she had time to think. She felt bad about yelling at Trixie but she felt worse about Sonata. Sunset realized just how wrong she had been. She never should have told Sonata that she would be sent to a mental institution. Sunset climbed into bed without changing into her pajamas and fell asleep.

Sunset woke when she heard her desk drawer buzzing. When she opened up the drawer, she yawned and pulled out the book and opened it up. She woke herself up enough to read what Twilight had said.

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

Let me start by telling you how I think you should handle Sonata. First off, don’t be pushy; doing so will most likely push her away. Try doing things for her without really being there. Send her something that she would like with a note attached. Don’t ask what you should write, that needs to come from you. Hopefully with time, you’ll be able to get close and help her out. If that doesn’t work, ask Pinkie. If there is one thing I learned from her and I’ve learned many things, it’s never give up on trying to be a friend.

As for the mark, it doesn’t ring a bell. I’ve been searching through all kinds of history books but I can’t find anything on a mark like that. Perhaps it could just be that, a mark with no meaning at all except to Sonata.

I would love to come help but I don’t think that would be such a great idea right now. I’ve got some problems of my own here to deal with. Until the problem is resolved, I won’t be visiting anytime soon.

Sincerely Your Friend,

Twilight Sparkle

Sunset frowned knowing that she had messed up with Sonata. “Great, I’m horrible. I’m sure Twilight won’t be happy with me once I tell her the news. That’s just another problem she doesn’t need right now or I could be over thinking what her response will be. All well, here I go.”

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I messed up with Sonata; she thoroughly hates me now if she didn’t before. I was stupid and found a way to “convince” her to tell me what was going on with her. I know; I’m a terrible friend. I guess I’ll just stay away from her now. I suppose I shouldn’t have done anything until I got word from you but I didn’t. I wouldn’t blame you if you’re mad at me now. The mark is more than just a mark by the way. Oh and good luck with Adagio and Aria.

Sincerely,

Sunset Shimmer

Sunset set her book down and lay down on her bed. Just as she closed her eyes, the book began to vibrate. Sunset sat up and looked at the book, shocked. “She wrote back awfully fast.” Sunset shrugged and opened the book.

Sunset, we’ll talk about Sonata later and I’m not mad at you. You’re trying and you were right the last time I was there. You do still have a lot to learn but I think we all do when it comes to new people. You’re not a horrible friend; you’re just trying a little to hard. I can’t blame you for that. Now what do you mean good luck with Adagio and Aria?

“She doesn’t know; how is that possible?”

Twilight, you don’t know about Adagio and Aria? They went through the portal a day or two ago. I thought they were the problem you had to deal with. You have guards at the mirror right?

Sunset began to worry more than ever. How was it that Twilight didn’t know about the two sirens and if they weren’t the problem than what was the problem? Surely the two sirens didn’t take out the guards guarding the mirror unless there were only two or three but Twilight was smarter than that. “She does have guards guarding the mirror right?” She asked herself this time. Whatever was going on in Equestria, it was bad enough that Twilight didn’t know about Adagio and Aria. “What’s going on Twilight?” Just then her book buzzed.

Sunset, yes I had guards at the mirror but they never said anyone came through it. All they told me is that they don’t remember anything happening. I suppose I should have questioned them but they all looked so tired. It was a few days ago when it happened. Something isn’t adding up here. I better have a word with my guards. It’s possible that just maybe Adagio and Aria are the cause of the problem. It’s Tirek, he is terrorizing ponies everywhere but he is only taking a little magic from them. He stays in hiding and, oh no. Sorry for the rambly and possibly confusing response but I’m rushing through this and, sorry, I have to go.

Sunset didn’t know what was going on but it wasn’t good. She heard the name Tirek from somewhere but she wasn’t sure where. All she knew is that the name carried danger with it. Sunset wanted to write to Twilight but she couldn’t be sure what to say and would it matter now? “Maybe I should write her just to make sure that everything is all right?” As she got ready to write, words appeared on the page.

Sunset, prepare yourself for Adagio and Aria, I believe they are making their return back to CHS however I will delay them as long as I can. They can’t go through without the book. They got their powers back through Tirek and my friends and I can’t stop them. You need to get our friends together and fight them off. I do have one worry though, they appear stronger than they were but I suppose that was obvious. Be careful. I’ll have to speak with Princess Celestia about the mark you mentioned. Sorry, I don’t have time to explain who Tirek is if you don’t know. Until next time Sunset.

“This isn’t good.” Sunset looked at the time and decided eleven at night wasn’t too late to text the others but then again, Adagio and Aria weren’t going to give them time if they could help it.