• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 8,548 Views, 187 Comments

F.O.A.L. Academy - DuskShadowBrony



PLEASE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT LIKE: Age regression/diapers/etc. You have been warned. Twilight receives a letter for F.O.A.L. Academy! "To re-learn what was lost long ago." What could the academy mean? And who is the mysterious Headmast

  • ...
46
 187
 8,548

Prologue- The Letter

Author's Note:

This is at a time period BEFORE Twilight Sparkle became an Alicorn Princess. Although that's fairly obvious.

Prologue- The Letter

Spike yawned as he got out of bed, early as usual, to help Twilight get ready for the day. He tossed off his blanket, folding it before sliding down the ladder with his claws, landing softly on the carpet below. Twilight was deep asleep in her bed, exhausted after a late-night study session. Books were scattered around the library, but Spike took no hesitation in restacking them, adjusting a few ink bottles, quills, and rolls of parchment paper. If Twilight was to get a good start on the day, she would need a good breakfast.

“We’re running low on milk…” Spike commented to himself, as he poked through the fridge. Hay bacon and biscuits sounded like a good bet. As he prepped the ingredients, he glanced over at Owlicious, also asleep, hooting softly. Ignoring the lighter controls, he used his dragon fire to ignite the stove, setting a pan down on top, tossing the hay bacon in, letting it heat up while he started the biscuit mix. He heard the clank of the mailbox outside. The pan would heat too quickly, he would have to wait until the bacon was finished frying, until he got the mail. Spike turned the bacon over, before pouring the mix into a biscuit tray, sliding it into the oven, now setting a plate down next to the stove. The smell of the food and the sound of his cooking would soon wake Twilight up. He spent a little time making sure the bacon wasn’t burning on one side, before he picked it up in a spatula, letting the grease drip off a little before setting it on the plate. Pattering out the door, Spike grabbed the mail, checking through it as he hurried back in. Most of it was junk, but there was a pale pink envelope for Twilight, with a fancy-looking crest stamped on it. Fantasy Omega’s Academy of Lora was written in fancy script across the top. It looks like yet another magic academy was interested in Twilight again. She regularly received full scholarships from academies, and of course, she attended many of them, to expand her knowledge. He browsed through the coupons, clipping out a few that looked useful, while he waited for the biscuits to finish cooking, plating it once they were done. He quickly prepared some coffee, setting it all on the table as Twilight trotted in.

“Morning, Spike.” She yawned, her mane a disheveled mess, as she took a seat at the table. “Thanks.”

“Twilight, you got a letter today.” He handed it off to her, Twilight opening the envelope as she sipped her coffee.

“Oh, this looks interesting.” She said, her eyes lighting up. “I’ve never heard of this academy, before, though.”

“So, are you going?” Spike asked her, as he cleaned the kitchen.

“Of course, there’s always more to learn.” Twilight quickly scanned the letter. “Spike, help me pack my bags, the deadline is tomorrow. Pack some clothes, and a few of my important books. Don’t forget the quills, ink bottles, and scrolls. And take a letter to the Princess, tell her that I’ll be away for some time.”

“Right-o.” he saluted, hurrying back to her room. Despite the amount of work he had to do, he enjoyed helping Twilight out with everything. It took a while to pack, but he soon brought down the two suitcases, near the door so Twilight could rush out tomorrow, if needed.

“Thanks, Spike.” Twilight called from the kitchen, hearing the suitcases thump. She smiled to herself. Finally another opportunity to learn something new. Twilight glanced back down at the letter.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,
Congratulations. You have been selected, by our distinguished panel of professors, as one of the new students of Fantasy Omega’s Academy of Lora. We pride ourselves on re-learning what was lost, to open up new opportunities-

“Hey! Twilight!” Twilight glanced up from the letter, seeing a certain rainbow-maned Pegasus knocking on her window. “We had a picnic today! Remember? Everypony’s waiting for you!”

“Oh!” Twilight stuffed the letter back into the envelope. “I’ll be right there!”

***

“Yeah… so I’ll be gone for a while, again.” Twilight took a sip of the cider Applejack provided.

“You’ll keep in touch, won’t you, darling?” Rarity had somehow managed to get her couch up the hill.

“Write to us every once in a while.” Fluttershy smiled at her.

“Yeah! Every other day! Or every day! Or every hour! Or-“ Pinkie was cut off by Applejack.

“I think she gets it, sugar cube.”

“I’m surprised they didn’t call it Egghead Academy for Eggheads.” Rainbow teased, smirking a little. “Nah, I’m only kidding, it’s all cool.”

The Mane Six gathered in a group hug. “I love you girls.”

***

“Spike, you’ll take care of the library while I’m gone, right?” Twilight had gotten barely any sleep, too excited to rest, and wanting to get up early.

“You can count on me, Twilight.” Spike held the door for her.

“Don’t overeat ice cream. Or gems. Or anything, for that matter.” Twilight reminded him.

“Yeah, yeah, I got it, I got it.” He pushed Twilight out the door. “Have fun!”

“Bye, Spike.” She climbed into the Pegasi Transport carriage, as Spike closed the door.

“Heh heh.” He cackled to himself, running for the fridge. He would eat ice cream, gems, and anything else he could get his claws on until he got sick. However, he bounced off the fridge once he got to it, a magical barrier, forming. There was a note shimmering on the barrier.

I told you, no, Spike! ~Twilight

Spike grumbled to himself, going back to organizing the library. Twilight had better make up to this somehow.

***

Twilight looked up at the academy. It had a nice courtyard, with colorful flowers and lush green trees. The Academy crest and name was above the giant entrance hall doors, with a hanging banner ‘Welcome, New Students!’ She smiled, galloping to the entrance doors, eager to begin her time at the Academy.