• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 1,635 Views, 12 Comments

A face doesn't tell you who you are - xluferx



I was hunting for a squirrel because I forgot to bring enough meat supplies and I didn't get any...BUT I found something that might be traded for a nice amount of caps with the New York Laboratories and... Wait did it just gasped?

  • ...
14
 12
 1,635

Welcome back

“Home sweet home.”

The trip took a lot of time just as he said, but nothing happened; people there and there minding their own business and few sentinels and cops around in case that something happened so nothing out of the ordinary.
His house was only one floor but it was a decent place considering that everything was bought by himself with no outside help, except for the permission which Soos got it for him with few bribes and blackmail.

The roof was square though, it was kinda monotonous but the inside is what mattered. Thing that soon enough was going to happen when he turned the doorknob of the main door and pushed it and then he was greeted by his house.

The place was trashed.

Just as he left it before he went to work.

But the positive side of that was that everything that was laying around was his stuff, there was no garbage around so it was something.

But that wasn’t the state which he was expecting his house to be when he arrived after doing his shift.

“I’m not going to pay her.”

“Pay who?” Suddenly a voice finally came to scene, the owner after being hidden between many thing inside the shopping cart she came out though only her head.

“It doesn’t doesn’t concern you,” The answer was quick and it wasn't’ intended to be rude, but the princess took it all the same.

So she was offended and turned her head away as Rarity does.

The sentinel ignored her though, then he pointed at her. “Stay here, I will be back.” Then proceeded to go further inside because something was amiss, something wasn’t right.

The first room was a common living room, it had the necessary things to be called such but nothing was luxurious to show off; the two sofas were old but at least could support the weight of a person or two; but before that happens it needed a proper cleaning and maintenance of the legs or they might break, then at the middle was a metallic table; an improvised one mind you.

But nothing was there, so he proceeded to the next area which was the kitchen.

Again nobody was found there, but something was there.

That happened to be the kettle which was about to finish. Meaning that somebody had been in his place for a while,
He had his guesses of who that person might be but he really didn’t to take the risk, it wasn’t worth. So he just took out his handgun and loaded and released the safety, it was ready to shot whenever he saw fit.

With careful and slow steps he advanced towards the next door which was closed adding more uncertainty to the environment, and he swered by his life that he heard a sound coming from that door. Hopefully it was only his mind playing tricks.

The drugs already left his system so that wasn’t for sure.

Moments later he opened the door and was greeted with nothing more than the sight of a toilet and a washbasin.His bathroom didn’t have a shower, since he mostly bathed on the lake or he just asked his best friend to borrow him the shower of course he paid the correct amount aftermath, but if neither of the mentioned before were an option then he just filled pots and bathed himself with that anyways the bathroom itself was simple to say at least with no decorations like the rest.

So the final part was his bedroom.

There was nowhere left to hide, but it added a powerful sense of danger to the environment since he recalled that his bedroom also had some spare guns, melee weapons and explosives leading to the conclusion that he needed to proceed with extreme care until could neutralize the objective or said objective resulted to be person who he expected to be..

With gun at front and loaded he slowly made his way to the door, the doorknob twisted to the side in a very slow pace that it didn’t make a sound at all, the door creaked open and his weapon was ready to fire at any threat but not until he could get a clear view inside.

With no response from the inside Christopher passed the door with both hands wielding his pistol as he quickly checked his surroundings for any kind of signal, but he couldn’t get any because his room was also trashed and nothing could make a difference.

He lowered his pistol and gave a long sigh through his mouth which was the perfect excuse for all his worries to leave because that was enough proof to know who was the person who entered his house.

In that moment two hands snaked around his waist and playfully went upwards until both reached his chest where he was pulled slightly back..

However he didn’t mind at all, even less try to get away from those gentle hands which he perfectly knew.

“Alice, what were you doing?” After all it was false alarm everything could go back to normal, or what is considered normal by the current world standards.

“I didn’t have enough time, but at least I got all the shit out.” The sweet voice coming from behind, the owner deserved the nickname sugar lips.

“It was almost a fucking month.”

“I have to work asshole.” That could have been a good answer if he didn’t know better.

“You only assist your mother.”

“You know how she is, don’t you?”

“But you give a fuck.”

The girl behind couldn’t hold her own amusement at the remark, the innocent giggle was enough.“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t.”

But something needed to be said and he said it before he encountered her.
“I’ not going to pay you.”

“WHAT?!” The arms hugging him tightly around his chest but it didn’t bother him at all, is more he found it amusing. But he need to prove his point right.

“Oh don’t try to be bitch”

“I took out the trash asshole.”

“Yet my place is trashed.”

“With your shit!”

“Still!”

“You came earlier than expected!”

“A fucking month Alice!”

“Fuck you!” And finally taking a lot of his accusation she pushed him away with all the force she could muster, yet it wasn’t strong enough to made him fall to the floor he only was forced to give a few steps before he regained his composure.

It was time to finally turn around and give the proper greeting that should have happened.

In front of him stood a young woman a bit smaller than him, she was wearing a knowingly smile on her thin lips, those were accompanied with a pair of soft brown eyes which perfectly matched with her long brown hair. But that was only the head, because something the Chris could shamelessly watch was downwards were a pair of soft pillows rested though they weren’t big but neither small just enough to be squishable, the remark was from experience mind you.
For the moment she was wearing the casual clothes which she always used, a pair of loosely jeans with a common shirt that her mother made. It even has her name knitted. Kind amusing but cute.

“Is good to see you Alice.”

“I missed you jerk.”

Without a second to lose both walked closer and hugged each other not wanting to break the embrace until they have felt satisfied with it.

“Okay, tell me the real reason Alice.”

She looked at him but then her gaze went downwards and her cheery mood dropped significantly saying without words that something terrible happened. “Another riot went out of control.” Soon after the words left her mouth did Chris pulled her closer showing how much he cared for her.

“Is your mother okay?”

“Yes, but our shop suffered some damage.” She was sad but nothing that a small moment of comfort or a drink could fix.

“Don’t worry we will fix it in no time.” He rested his chin on the top of her head while she just shifted for a more comfortable position.

“Soooooo……” It was obvious what she was going to say next “Are you up for a quickie? Because I am.” Both hand traced all of her body hoping to entice him to accept her.

“You are such a slut.”

Alice replied with a weak hit on his chest as her grin became wider showing her white teeth which she always brushed after every meal. “Hush you, you like it.”

“Maybe I do.”

“Is that a yes or a no?”

He couldn't deny that it was long while and he really wanted to but somebody was near and he didn’t want a pony to find him having healthy fun with his best friend. Though that leads to many possibilities that he really didn’t want to find or think about.

“As much as I want to accept your offer; it has to wait because I have to care of a certain things first, but it will be definitely this week.” Saying that hurt him so much that if he wasn't stronger then maybe a tear would have fallen.

Alice just smiled at him and traced her hands across her body. “I will wait.” Then she walked past him but she wasn’t directing towards the door; her objective was to sit on the bed that also was a mess but that didn’t prevent her from finding a good spot was comfortable.

“So why did you come earlier than expected?” Both rested on the edge of the bed since she was putting all the weight on both arms. “I mean Soos told me that you were out of commision for a while but never gave the details.”

“Well, Soos wanted us to guard the meeting with the archangel in case that something bad happened but we never expected that they also had their own agents there.” There was no reason to lie her, despite knowing that she would get mad.

“Why Soos didn’t tell me about this?” She clearly frowned as both arms crossed under her chest.

“Don’t ask me, better ask him.”

“You know how difficult is to get to him.” Being one of the most important drug dealers of the city and also a high ranking officer was something to do not joke around.

“Not my problem.” A simple response but also a powerful one stating his position on the matter.

“You are an idiot.” Her gaze went anywhere but his, even if it appeared that the environment changed between the two the true was it didn’t changed a bit.

“Hey, hey relax I’m fine look. “ Both hands pointed his body.

“You are my best friend, I must worry about you.”

“You sound more like a wife.”

I can be if you want.” A grin replaced her frown.

“Hush you, you are my bitch.” After those words left his mouth he found himself kneeling on the floor struggling for air since the hit he suddenly received did a number on him. “Okay, I deserved that.”

Alice looked at him with her soft eyes that now were piercing his very soul, even if it was a joke she wasn’t going to be insulted like that, she can many things slip but that was not on the list. She didn’t say anything just her standing in front of him with both arms crossed and her glare was enough to send a clear message.

But for Christopher his current position was an opportunity to make things better, mostly for him.

He shifted his weight as his feet got in position giving the necessary support for the jump he was going to do. Moments later of silent recovery without any notice he pounced at Alice causing her to fall as she screamed, it was a good think that his bed was behind her. The soft spot where she landed was the perfect place where he could start the next phase of his plan.

He tickled her, changing between her tummy and neck.

Every single negative thought that she felt vanished in an instant the moment she laughed, but she wasn’t going to be an easy prey. She fought back but poorly after all he was stronger than her.

It was a nice moment that both shared and didn’t want to end, moment like that reminded both of them when they used to be kids and loved to play together with the company of other kids in the school; those were nice time when they ignored the world and just cared for their own little world.

Finally he ended in top her, his face or better said his mask right at front of her; inches away of her small nose. They could hear each other breaths as they stared at each other eyes, only being very close to him one was able to tell the color of Christopher eyes, those appealing blue eyes that she only knew about and loved to be lost in them.

“Boop.”

Suddenly without any warning something struck the tip of her nose leaving her dumbfounded for a little while, but she recovered and pushed him away with a grin on her face.

“Anyway here you go.” Christopher throw a small pouch to her which she grabbed with both hands and looked at him a bit surprised.

“Really?”

“Yep, at least you got the trash.”

Alice looked at the pouch one more time before smiling at him, money was always well received especially for her since keeping the shop afloat was very difficult thing to do, with the constant riots or robberies or corrupts.

Christopher usually works for them as a bodyguard but he only is available for a week, then Alice and her mother didn’t have the money to afford a full-time bodyguard much less a ranger.

“I will go tomorrow and see if I can help you in something.”

“I wouldn’t mind an extra hand.” Without previous warning she lunged at him and gave the best hug she could give with all her strength before telling him something very heartwarming in a soft tone. “Welcome back Christopher.”
Time later…

Christopher saw Alice disappearing from his sight of view, definitely going to her house where she can safely save the money, he prayed that nothing happened to her on the way, but it gave him a bit of relief that she knew how to defend herself and that she always carry a hidden knife under her pants.


“Who was her?” The little voice finally revealed itself ruining slightly the good mood he was in after seeing his best friend. Twilight however at seeing that the man didn’t paid attention to her at all so she decided to fly in front of his face and repeat the question.

He just shooed her away and kept looking to the street.

“Hey!” And that was the last straw, she acted as an angry bird.

It hurt but it mostly annoyed him to no end.

“Alright!” Christopher snapped but before he closed the door shut and faced his assailant. “Look I told you she doesn't concern you.”

“I thought we were going to start on the right direction!”

“You are making it difficult!”

“ME?!”

“YES!”

“HOW?!”

“My business is my business, you shouldn’t get involved in them!”

Silence followed between the two, Twilight still didn’t feel comfortable despite what they said before but she also accepted that some ponies just don’t want to tell everypony their business unlike Pinkie Pie, so she needed to respect his privacy.

Moving on, after finally arriving to Christopher house she could undo her magic and return to her original form though she would have gladly done but it just did it by itself.

Her magic reserves just depleted.

It was a good thing that she was indoors so nobody would see her and panic, according to Christopher explanations.

“Well, I don’t really know what to do now.” An honest true was spoken, but for Twilight’s case she needed to disagree after checking her surroundings.

“First we are going to organize this entire place!”

“We?”

“Yes!”

Christopher looked at her with the same eyes she saw before, or better said the same lens that prevented her from looking the real eyes and judging from the last time a certain action was going to follow for sure.

He laughed.

“Okay, let’s do it.”

Author's Note:

What should I say?

Dunno

Is hard to think in something.

Have fun.


-Lufe out!