• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 1,632 Views, 12 Comments

A face doesn't tell you who you are - xluferx



I was hunting for a squirrel because I forgot to bring enough meat supplies and I didn't get any...BUT I found something that might be traded for a nice amount of caps with the New York Laboratories and... Wait did it just gasped?

  • ...
14
 12
 1,632

The beginning of an unwanted adventure

Twilight Sparkle opened her eyelids allowing her eyes to see her new surroundings, but she wasn’t aware of that fact yet. An irritated groan of frustration escaped from her mouth as she remembered exactly what happened before she was teleported to somewhere in Equus, little did she know that she wasn’t in her home world anymore, much less her own dimension.

‘Discord, you’re so dead when Celestia hears of this’

But the worst of all was one single thing, a thing that should have been done and nothing of this would have happened.

Discord never wrote the essay about friendship.

‘‘I will deal with him when I’m there, I just need to find the nearest town and ask where I’m right know’’

With that said Twilight extended both of her wings and prepared them to take flight to her new task, find a town or a city.

‘’…’’

‘’…uh?’’

Twilight was confused, also dumbfounded to the fact that she didn’t move an inch after she gave a powerful flap that should have lifted her from the ground, instead her action only created wind around her. The Princess checked both of her wings if something was wrong with them only to find that they were perfectly normal, all the feathers in its place and no signal of any kind of wound in her wings, so the fact of don’t be able to take flight idn’t make any sense to her.

‘Maybe I didn’t flap them with the enough strength…’ She pondered as she brought her right hoof to her chin ‘but I am pretty sure that used the same amount of strength I like always do…’

‘it must have been an accident then…’ she finally concluded, but still she didn’t feel right that she miscalculated something because she’s always organized with everything so a miscalculation is nearly impossible for her.

To be sure this time Twilight opted to do a series of powerful flaps, and each one with more strength than the last one. Again the alicorn got ready to take flight into the sky and made several flaps hoping for the best, but again her body stayed in its place. She is only making dust around her; the feeling of the grass under her hooves is incredibly worrisome.

Twilight Sparkle couldn’t be more shocked in her life; not only did she hear something approaching to her position; her wings didn’t work how they were supposed to do.

Before she could have enter into a state of panic, she heard a faint sound from afar then something pinched her right flank in the place where is her cutie mark. The pinch was so suddenly that she only flinched to the unwanted feeling in her flank. Immediately she turned her head to focus on what could have caused her that faint pain in her body. The eyes of the princess saw focused in the attacked area and were able to notice a small dart injected exactly in the middle of her cutie mark, the realization was like a cold shower to Twilight.

Everything around her started to spin in circles, her eyelids felt a lot heavier than usual and the balance of her body was dropping quickly, Twilight started to lose control in her legs and wings making her to wobble a lot as her eyes were closing slowly; at the end she feel on the ground.

A lot of pain was felt on her left wing when her body reach the ground, but she wasn’t able to make the slightest sound, the tranquilizer was so advanced that she couldn’t perform the easiest things.

‘Please… somepony… help me…’

That was the only thing that passed Twilight’s mind before she entered into the world of dreams.

‘Ugh, I shouldn’t have eaten my meat ration that fast’ Christopher is walking towards a trap that he placed hours ago in hope that it did its job correctly and hopefully caught a squirrel and in the best of scenarios a bunny, but luck couldn’t be worse for him; the trap hadn’t been activated and it was without the bait.

Christopher could only clench his gloved hands in fury ‘’Oooh that little smart fucker… you stole the nut, now I am going to steal your wife’’ He didn’t care about what just said, his mind is focused in one and sole thing; find the rodent that stole his bait, kill it and then taste the victory. He feels so sure about it that he can almost feel the taste of the roasted squirrel or bunny in his mouth.

‘‘Tonight I promised that I will be sitting in front of my fireplace eating roasted meat, so whatever rodent you are say your last prayers ‘cause I’m not going to give up in your search!!!’’

With a promised done Christopher ventures more into the forest, always marking a tree with his Combat knife every 10 meters meters so he wouldn’t get lost into the woods in a future, he repeated the process for hours or it was he believed.

Each step was noise enough to scare the animals around him thanks to all the gear he is wearingand the only way to do not make any noise is by giving slow steps, obviously it would take him time; time that he don’t want to waste because the sun seems closer to the horizon and being at night inside the woods is dangerous.

‘Dammit! Please Mother Nature, give me some animal that can be consumable’ He passed his protected hands through all over his black plain mask with frustration and with a bit of annoyance. The mask was completely black and covered from chin to the forehead, leaving place to his tanned blonde hair to grow without any obstruction. His mask only has four small holes; two for the nostrils and the remaining two for his eyes, but those particular holes have thin layer of obscured glass, enough to hide the color of his pupils to the world.

‘VROOOOOOOOM’

As instinct Christopher pull off his M4A1 and with its aim he starts to check all his surrounding forgetting about his search, for him duty is always first. His index finger was on the trigger until he lowered the gun, knowing that didn’t follow more explosions. The forest isn’t very dense for his luck, but that caused in him confusion because there is no trace of smoke anywhere on the blue sky.

‘That’s strange, even the smallest of the explosions leave any place smoky’

However, since that event wasn’t the beginning of an attack then he needs to check the place where the explosion came and he could tell where exactly the detonation has occurred.

This time he walks towards the sounds’ source but in a slow pace, being careful about the noise this time. He couldn’t be sure if that could have been a bandits/terrorist attack or a method of distraction, either way he needs to be quiet as possible.

The approaching took him just a few minutes and his protected eyes never catch a flaming crater or burned ground, instead meters away from him was a…

Pony…

A bloody pony…

A bloody pastel colored pony…

‘The hell?’ he thought when he saw another strange features in the new animal.

A bloody pastel colored pony with wings and a horn…

‘Okay it’s settled…I never going to burn marijuana with a pinch of gunpowder ever again in the chimney… is really fucking up my brain’

But then he saw how the strange purple pony started to flap its wings making dust around it, still he isn’t quite sure if what he is looking right now is real but what happens if IT is real at the end?

Considering that is completely new specie and the fact that the Science department of New York are craving for learn something new helped in the decision.

‘If it is real then those nerds will pay me a nice sum of caps, or even gold!’ The realization made him ponder ‘but I will need to take care of it until my takeover arrives, and that happens in 1 week and a half… Meh I’m taking the chance’

Christopher went to a crouching stance as he placed his gun to its place on the back and pulled off a small pistol designed only to fire darts, tranquilizer darts to be exactly. Why does he have one of these guns with himself? Well the answer is easy, because in his job sometimes he stumbles with strange animals which require further research (how is in this case); also they pay much more for an alive specimen. Another reason is rarely unarmed prisoners tries to prove their luck in his perimeter so he put them to sleep and drag them to the jail where they belong.

From one of his chest pockets he searches the adequate dart for this new creature; he gave a few glances and estimated the amount of anesthesia. When the dart was found he loads his gun and aims to his new target with both of his hands holding the hand for better aim.

Christopher inhaled and exhaled couples of times before he pulled the trigger to take down in no lethal way the purple pony.

The future specimen looked surprised when the dart gun shot, even more when the ammunition hit on its flank.

‘Now I have to wait’

The masked man put back the dart gun in its sheath and sits on the grassy ground watching amused the spectacle of the strange pony wobbling as its senses fade away quickly, after a few seconds more it falls to the ground on death weight. Christopher stands up from his new improved places to seat and cleans his customized military pants and started his approaching towards the new specie.

But something was completely wrong when he was bedsides it.

‘’Does it is…mumbling?’’

Author's Note:

And another chapter done!

Well I came to a decision, I will make this a romance story but i will not orverdo the cheesy stuff or other things that are cliche as you know i don't like cliches

Tell me in the comments how are you liking so far!!!

Dont' forget to upvote and fav if you liked it

Lufe out!!