• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 1,632 Views, 12 Comments

A face doesn't tell you who you are - xluferx



I was hunting for a squirrel because I forgot to bring enough meat supplies and I didn't get any...BUT I found something that might be traded for a nice amount of caps with the New York Laboratories and... Wait did it just gasped?

  • ...
14
 12
 1,632

The needed change

Author's Note:

I will be honest here, I had been lazy with the grammar here so probably there will mistakes here and there
You have been warned!
other than that Enjoy

-Lufer out!

The sun rose from the horizon, the rays from the sun made their way to reach Twilights face causing her to frown in her sleep while one of her ears tried to give her cover instinctively but as expected her ear was giving a joke of a cover so as a response to her small problem her head subconsciously searched for a place away from the cursed light. To one side and to the other side did her head move in search of peace but every time it failed in its quest; the sun’s ray never give up and achieved its goal in awake the new princess of Equestria.

Her eyes slowly opened to the world and the ray quickly gave the morning greeting to Twilight sparkle as a small pain in the eye which Twilight averted her gaze as brought one hoof to cover herself. Her back ached, it wasn’t a great pain but it made it notice which was no surprise to her considering where she had slept the last night. Slowly she let her hooves the floor and began her morning routine of waking up, starting with cute yawn then she stretched her four limps and without thinking twice she stretched both of her wings; she immediately regretted her last action.

Her wing had remained dislocated.

She whimpered but remained strong, she needed to fix her wing if she wanted to go somewhere by herself.

‘I need my magic’

Her eyes widened at the realization

‘Of course! The effect of that thing must have subsided on me!’

She felt her magic gather around her horn without effort but it felt different in a way; she wasn’t implying that she wasn’t happy furthermore she was overjoyed by the fact that she was able to use her magic again, but celebrations aside she needed to repair her wing thought it might cause her small glimpse of pain relocating the joint in its place.

*Pop*

And by small pain the real meaning was an incredible amount of pain but Twilight keep her screams to herself, now she can understand why Rainbow doesn’t feel all that affected after she came out of an accident or a crash being more specific. She bit her lower lip and slowly moved her recently relocated wing, it just felt too strange for Twilight; she never had to deal with that kind of things because she never was a Pegasus before ever less an alicorn, but as somepony said there is always a first of everypony.

*Moments later*

Twilight had several objects in her magic grasp, she had the feeling of ‘abuse’ a bit her magic just because she recovered it; besides her special talent is magic. Blankets, cans, wood, papers, rocks, etc were being lift off the floor by her magic and danced around Twilight’s position. She felt ready to face the new world, she felt ready to venture the forest alone without the help of Christopher besides she never wanted it in the first place because he was too rude to her for no reason.

WHAT THE FUCK?!”

And her confidence vanished.

Twilight’s grip on every single object dissipated, several thuds were heard around her as her eyes focused to the responsible of her sudden abrupt; but her sight was greeted with a metallic cylinder directed just between her eyes.

EXPLAIN OR I PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER!”

Twilight blood ran cold, her body froze the same could be said for her eyes that only were able to stare in pure fright at the weapon aimed at her. The breathes were only coming from her mouth and were cold, she felt a big knot form in her throat making her feel even more terrified of her current situation because such thing wouldn’t let her answer his demands.

“WELL?!”

Her mind was blank, she couldn’t move neither think; she simply was there on the spot in utter shock. She was going to die alone, she will not be able to see her friends and family ever again she even cared for Discord in some way.

“1!”

“2 and…!”

Chris’s grip became tighter than before but before he could think in the number three his hand became numb, the grip he was putting on his gun was gone and the time seemed to go slow as the his weapon fell to collide with the floor.

His once menacing hand began to uncontrollably tremble, through his lens he stared at his trembling hand and how his left hand tried to stop it somehow everything that happened in that fateful day rushed into his mind and made itself repeat over and over especially the last moment which he had with his father.

It became a fist moments after.

Yet his clenched hand still trembled but with a bit of control.

*sigh*

‘I was a fucking asshole’


Twilight from her part after she felt that her life wasn’t at risk anymore she began to weep on the floor using her forelegs to give her some kind of comfort. She never was so scared before, sure she was scared in the Everfree when she and her friends had to fight Nightmare Moon, she felt scared when she had to fight Tirek by herself; but this time was different. It was one hundred percent different. Even the word scared wouldn’t suffice to describe what she felt; terrifying may work.

“Look I’m so-“

“GET AWAY ME FROM ME!”

Her voice raised once again, but in fright and despair clearly on her tone.

Instinctively she attempted to back away from his approaching form but her wings met a wall, cornered against somebody that tried to hurt before, he was so sadistic that wanted to finish her with his own hands. Through her mind never occurred to her use her magic because she has never deal with a situation such as this.

With teary eyes she made another demand “DON’T COME ANY CLOSER!” Yet he kept coming closer with those expressionless blackened eyes.

‘Please somepony help me’

Her eyelids closed not facing the fake fate that waited her, as her spread wings hugged her.

Finally he lunged at her, but she was surprised that he wasn’t choking her to death how she had been expecting; instead his hand was slowly caressing her long mane as the other carefully wiped her tears that were staining her coat.

“Shh, is okay; I was an asshole”

She didn’t reply

“I was scared alright? What you did back there had a lot of resemblance with one project from the Wings of heavens and I assumed quickly so please forgive me”

Twilight ears perked up the moment he asked for forgiveness, he was finally apologizing after being so rude to her he was finally doing it!
But could she?

After he attempted against her very life?

‘He was under the wrong presumption ‘ An internal debate began ‘But he wanted to take your life’

‘But he stopped!’

‘What is keeping from doing it again?’

‘How can you be sure that he will do it again?’

“I-I don’t know, what you did just…”

She was lost of words saying what she was about to experience for the first and last time was a whole new sentiment but also the fact that the hands that were caressing where touching spots that didn’t know could feel that nice, causing her to nuzzle him as reaction.
“Meh, I knew it” Christopher replied making Twilight to stop accepting the petting and look at him directly with a surprised glare, with her bloodshot eyes which the red color was fading away into their natural one.

“How can you say something so careless?”

“Is just the real me, besides I have to gain your trust right?”

“I guess so…” Twilight was confused but didn’t mean that she didn’t prefer him in this way, he seemed cheerful and silly.

He broke away from her allowing her to fully stand on her own, then his arm extended so his hand was in front of her “Hello, my name is Christopher and is a pleasure to meet you”

Twilight couldn’t see his face but it didn’t matter because she knew that behind that mask he was smiling, action which he also did “My name is Twilight Sparkle and the pleasure is mine” Her right hoof connected with his hand and together made the gesture in synchronization.
But the moment was short lived when the strenuous sound came from one side of his head.

Immediately Christopher brought two fingers and placed them on his ear.

“What’s the problem?....”
“Are you serious?....”
“I can open fire if they do?...”
“Very well”

“I’m sorry Twilight but duty calls so now you have permission to wander around here but don’t touch anything that has similarity to this” He pointed at his pistol “We can have a proper introduction later”

Chris walked in fast pace as he grabbed one by one his gear so he could face the problem that has raised and needed immediately back-up. When everything was ready he was about to open the door but this time turned back and gave a quick glance to the purple pony inside his watch post, with a shook from his head he opened the door and closed it afterwards.

“What just happened?”

Twilight said in her sitting stance.