• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 1,633 Views, 12 Comments

A face doesn't tell you who you are - xluferx



I was hunting for a squirrel because I forgot to bring enough meat supplies and I didn't get any...BUT I found something that might be traded for a nice amount of caps with the New York Laboratories and... Wait did it just gasped?

  • ...
14
 12
 1,633

Be careful on which direction you take

“The concept of a personal transport is just so fascinating. I mean we have trains and balloons but this ‘car’ would make things more easily and traveling faster and cheaper.”

“Yeah sure is.”

“But still you didn’t answer my question about this machine.”

“Is a machine that works with fuel.”

“But, what kind of fuel?”

“It’s not exactly a derivate from petrol but close enough.”

“What’s petrol?”

“It’s an old type of fuel.”

“How old?”

“Like really old.”

“But-“

LOOK! I don’t know a thing about this alright?!” I was about time to snap after being asked several question, over and over again is like the princess has some kind of lust towards new knowledge. “I just know how to drive this thing nothing more nothing less, so please stop!”

“If you wanted me to stop you could have said, there was no need to raise your voice.” Twilight despite not knowing she was getting into his nerves.

“Don’t pull that move on me.”

“What?”

“About being the victim.”

“I’m not the victim.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No I’m not”

“Hush you.”

“No.”

“Are we really going to repeat what we did back in my place?”

Twilight wanted to argue back but then realized that she was acting childish again, of course he wasn’t innocent but it was better to do not discuss about unnecessary things.

“You want my apology then you are out of luck on this one girl.”

The princess just scowled like she was severely offended, thing that didn’t happen but sometimes people or ponies can get stubborn in an aspect. However she dropped the supposed stance of being angry at somepony allowing a sigh to take all those negatives feelings away; it seems that she might have gotten carried away with the questions but still he shouldn’t have raised his voice like that.
“Well what happens if your car stops working?”

That totally got his attention again.

“I mean sometimes like every machine, it breaks or stop working so you should at least know the basis to attempt to fix it.”

“…”

“…”

Staring at that expressionless mask, trying to look something through those lenses was starting to send shiver to her spine. It was awkward and also spooky; she really wanted him to say something rather than just stare her directly at her eyes.

“No, the chances to that to happen are slim; before I take a car from the HQ they give it a proper maintenance and if that actually were to happen, then I will call for help and wait until they arrive.”

“That’s not very efficiently if you ask.”

“Really?”

“Of course, I mean if you knew the basis then you wouldn’t lose time in waiting.”

“Well there is also the possibility that I screw up the car, and I don’t receive my pay for the month or I lose my job.”

Both pair of eyes went back to the road.

Christopher was strange to her, at first he was shocked and seemed somewhat friendly, then he changed to hostile against her and now he is neutral but a bit inclined to bad neutral. The best course of action for both of them was to remain silent letting the things cool down.

But that would make the whole travel a bit bored, Twilight have traveled through train and waited several hours but unlike the train there was no magazines or books since Christopher didn’t allow them with the excuse that she could get sick and he didn’t have any intentions to clean the car.

There should be something to keep her occupied, whatever would be enough. And that whatever would turn into a something that is front of her that didn’t notice it at first since it was small.

Immediately she gave a quick glance over the human direction and he was focused on the road ahead to actually notice her so slowly but surely she moved her right hoof toward the buttons to see what happen.

Normally it would be considered unwise; even stupid to press a button of something that is completely unknown to you but Twilight has intelligence, for instance a button that would be dangerous wouldn’t be in the open for anybody to get near; also Christopher would have warned her about it so there were no worries at all.

And she finally pressed one.

Or well…

Attempted to press one.

The button didn’t bulge at all, it was rigid as a stone.

Confusion was first to come.

In order to counter that she went for the other but she obtained the same results.

In her mind she began with many theories about those two buttons but that had to wait for a simple reason.

“If you wanted to hear music then you should have said so, I really don’t mind.”

The young princess was frozen in place, nothing bad was going to happen to her and that was for sure but just get caught in something that you weren’t supposed to get caught is such a terrifying experience for any who goes through the same.

“Actually it would be very nice to have music but they never care about fixing that part since is considered as a waste of resources, but it could be used for a radio if this was actually a military type which goes to the battlefield but as you see this is a mere car so nothing that I can do to help it.”

At least Twilight’s question about those buttons were answered but also leave the doubt of the military transport, she thought that the car which she is currently in was militaristic judging for the type of armor since several metal pieces attached to each other and bars didn’t shout elegance or normal at all.

“But! We can always sing something to keep us entertained.”

The offer was a bit tempting honestly speaking, but she just didn’t feel like singing at all. Is not that she is bad at singing since she sang at her brother wedding; the reason was different to say at least, so her answer was a shook of her head.
“Well that’s a shame, I was curious if you could sing at all.”

“I can sing, but I need to learn the lyrics of the song first, because I don’t know any.”

“Well I can ask somebody to get me some if you want to sing.”

“I really don’t know.”

“I give you something in exchange.”

“And that would be?”

“…A hug?”

“…”

“Are you serious?”

“Maybe?”

“…”

“Alright what do you want?”

“Well, just take to the library and I will see.”

“Wow, you surely are an egghead.”

“Shut it.”

“Awww, you are cute when you get mad.”

“That’s not true!”

“Of course it is.”

“GAAAAH!”

He was frustrating her, again.

At least the road doesn’t talk or do silly commentaries.

So she opted to stare at it, looking how they moved forward and how the tress passed and the clouds too.

It reminded her a lot when she was traveling with her friends, and that stung her a bit right on the heart; she really misses them.
“Hey would you mind to explain me about your world?”

Twilight’s raises an eyebrow while a stare reached him.

“I know you already told me but I wasn’t that focused at all, and it will help us to kill the time.”

The alicorn could only roll her eyes.

And like that half an hour was spend, it was very informative and interesting, the human now with full attention found her world nice compared to him but he sticks with his home because home is home.

“You know is kind of strange, and difficult to believe at first but you are a talking mini horse for crying out loud so anything is a possibility.”
The princess didn’t take well that last part at all. “I really don’t like to be referred like that.”

“Look, I will say it again.” His index finger points his head. “Is difficult for me to take everything inside here.”

“Well viewing it from your point of view, a world with only a dominant species and meeting another can be very shocking.”

“Now that you mention it, I remember that you said that you visited the human world once.”

“About that, it was a time ago. I used a portal in a shape of a mirror that only opens every 30 moons.”

And that finally struck something inside her head like a bag of bricks.

If she was in the human world.

Why she didn’t change like before?

Why everything changed so drastically?

And more importantly.

Where were her friends?

It was the same world in the first place?

The same dimension?

The same timeline?

She needed answer NOW.

“What year it is?”

The question was spoken at such low tone that hearing it was a difficult task for the sentinel.“Excuse me?”

“Tell me what year it is!” No matter is if everything was different, if it was the same year when she left then there was always the possibility, there was always the hope.

“Is 2123.”

That simple answer was soul crushing.

The moment she heard those number her heart sank to the depths of despair, the faint hope that she held on so tightly vanished in an instant causing her to fell into the abyss which she really wanted to about.

The depression.

And it reached her too fast.

And what she feared most was that she didn’t know if she could get out of it.

And her current situation was much of supportive either.

“Twilight?” That came with a hint of worry, thing that happened rarely.

“Stop the car.”

“But what ar-“ He never had a chance to finish that sentence.

“STOP THE FUCKING CAR!”

And the car stopped dead.

Only after the car was fully stopped, did she open the door.

Her hooves touched the ground.

Steps were given until she decided to suddenly stop.

Only to fell to the ground and cry her eyes out.

From behind Christopher witnessed the whole thing, he knew it was going to take a while so he did what he should do.

He shifted for a comfortable position on the seat.

“I knew she was going to be a burden.”

Author's Note:

University doesn't even leave you at summer.
At the start is really anoying and put you through a lot but at the end you end up liking it.
Anyways f*** you university and love you.

-Lufer out!