• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 596 Views, 9 Comments

Peace at Last Side Stories: Canterlot Madness - Prince_Staghorn



Stag is put in charge of babysitting Celestia and Luna's nephew for a day... maybe longer.

  • ...
2
 9
 596

Royal Stuff

It was not a normal day in the caves. Stag was celebrating with three close friends of his, and was having the time of his life.

Of course, this meant he, Rover, Fido, and Spot were drunk.

"So, what happened after that?" Rover asked, slurring the words a little.

Stag smiled. "Well, I'll tell ya. I get back home from Amby's, and I find my wife waitin'. And she's got a positive pregnancy test!"

At this, all four roared in laughter, and the dogs congratulated Stag on his success, which was impressive by equine standards applied to Diamond Dog standards.^

The laughter soon died down as all four calmed down.

"So," Spot began, "now it's up to Manehattan?"

Stag shook his head. "Nah, I got a few weeks in between, so I'm gonna have some fun! Double gave me today to just party! I hate ta go, guys, but I can't stay here all day! I got things to see and ponies to do!"

Fido, still mostly sober, lifted a finger. "Don't you have those mixed up?"

Stag smiled gleefully. "Nope!"

***

Stag yawned as a lance of sunlight cut through the curtains, checking himself and his surroundings.

I don't know what the hell happened last night, but it looks like my disguise held up.

Stag was currently a grey unicorn stallion of average build, black mane a mess. He ascertained his surroundings, ending with the Rusalka mare in bed with him, her forelimbs around him in a cuddle, fluked tail between his legs.

Looks like I felt like going exotic last night. Ah, what can you do?

Stag stumbled to the kitchen of the unfamiliar house, and started cooking. It was true, during his allowed "free time" he was allowed to sleep with multiple other mares, but Stag never up and left while they were asleep. He always did something nice for them first.

I wonder what today will hold for me?

That was when the scroll hit his head.

***

Stag read the letter as he ate with the rusalka. When he had finished, he looked at her.

"Taloa, I'm sorry, but I need to leave."

She nodded. "It's fine. When you get a letter from the princesses, you go."

Stag kissed her cheek. "I'll visit you again sometime."

After he left, she got out a sheet of paper with pictures of various equine species on it. She crossed out the changeling box, right between a similarly marked kelpie box and an earth pony box.

"Just one more and I get a bingo!"^^

***

Stag's only stop was to pick up Mandible and Silkworm.

He couldn't believe his luck. The princesses had asked him to babysit their nephew!

Author's Note:

^An important part of Diamond Dog social status is the ability to successfully sire pups. The males will congratulate one another on the size and health of a litter, and the members of the opposite gender... to put it bluntly, had Stag been born a Diamond Dog, he would have had three litters by now, and all the bitches lining up to be his mate.

It's not cursing! it's the technical term for a female dog!

^^...This is actually pretty typical of her species.