• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 598 Views, 9 Comments

Peace at Last Side Stories: Canterlot Madness - Prince_Staghorn



Stag is put in charge of babysitting Celestia and Luna's nephew for a day... maybe longer.

  • ...
2
 9
 598

Meetings

Stag landed outside the castle. The guards nodded before allowing him and his children in. Once the doors were closed, he spoke to the twins.

"You two go have fun. Be in the dining hall by suppertime."

The foals raced off to cause some mayhem, as foals are wont to do. Stag continued to the throne room.

***

"So, this is your nephew?"

Stag looked at the bald thing in front of him. On their thrones, Luna remained stoic, while Celestia was beaming with pride

"Yes! And isn't he just precious?"

Stag looked at the princess skeptically.

"Yes... I suppose..."

Stag was hit with a spray of saliva from Butters. Celestia smiled.

"His name is Butters. He has a very specific set of guidelines you need to follow while we're away."

Stag balked at that. "Away!?! Where are you going!?!"

"Germaney. Führer Mustang wanted to discuss our recent alliance with Neighpon - thank you for that, by the way - and other political matters."

Stag was still shocked. "Well... who are his parents? in case I need to contact them?"

It was at this point Luna spoke.

"That particular information cannot be released. Trust me, it's for everyone's own good."

Stag wanted to question this point... but then again, this was Celestia and Luna. He'd be better off not objecting.

***

Mandible and Silkworm were setting their trap.

It was a simple prank, more or less no-mess, learned from their Auntie Fluffle Puff.^

It consisted of a small catapult and pillows, which would be launched towards the first guard to walk through the door.

Now they would wait.

Incidentally, it didn't take long before the door opened.

"FIRE!"

Several pillows flew, hitting their target... and upon seeing who they had hit, the children went wide-eyed.

There were two earth pony mares that the changelings had grown to fear since the treaty was signed. The first was a mysterious member of the night guard who wore a necklace of (hopefully fake) changeling horns.

The second was Atjour.

The green mare took the pillow off her face and looked at the two foals. Then she looked at the clock.

Her shift as a maid was over. A quick movement of her hoof, and her mane was freed. A sharp-toothed smile spread across her face. She looked like a demonic figure from an old youkai story.^^

"You two are coming with me."

Author's Note:

^ A recent and now close friend of their grandmother, as well as an endless source of love.

^^Youkai or Yokai- a class of supernatural monsters in Neighponese folklore, until recently also referring to real world creatures and races such as the Oni, Kappa, and Tsuchigumo